X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Chris Mortensen reports....

Travis Henry's agent was in Jacksonville last weekend working trying to negotiate a contract. Also, Travis Henry may take a physical with the team soon. Mort also believes that the Bills should and will stand firm on their desire for a 3rd round pick or higher and believes that a trade will probably happen before training camp.
    Last edited by Michael82; 07-14-2005, 01:50 PM.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: Chris Mortensen reports....

Good ridens
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Great news! Conditional 2nd rounder coming!!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

He also said that he thinks a trade will be done before Training Camp begins.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

wow....mistake.

Henry on a team we need to beat out for a playoff spot, with something to prove. I dont care in what round the pick is, Jax is not a smart place to trade him.
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

I don't fear Travis Henry. Our RB will be better than theirs.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
              wow....mistake.

Henry on a team we need to beat out for a playoff spot, with something to prove. I dont care in what round the pick is, Jax is not a smart place to trade him.
              We played Jacksonville with Fred Taylor and should have beaten them. If the Bills and Jacksonville are lucky enough to see eachother in the postseason, which is a big if, than we can question the trade. However, we don't have that many options and this is the best one on the table. I'll take the draft pick.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                Knows More Than You
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                We played Jacksonville with Fred Taylor and should have beaten them. If the Bills and Jacksonville are lucky enough to see eachother in the postseason, which is a big if, than we can question the trade. However, we don't have that many options and this is the best one on the table. I'll take the draft pick.
                I hear what your saying.....but i'd hate to be regretting this trade in december, that's all I'm trying to put out there.

That, and the fact that draft picks are worthless this time of year. let's focus on the upcoming season, and maybe try to get some player that would help our team THIS season....after all, that's what Jax is doing if they make this trade.

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                  I hear what your saying.....but i'd hate to be regretting this trade in december, that's all I'm trying to put out there.

That, and the fact that draft picks are worthless this time of year. let's focus on the upcoming season, and maybe try to get some player that would help our team THIS season....after all, that's what Jax is doing if they make this trade.

If it comes down to the Titans or the Jags offering a conditional 2nd rounder, I'd prefer the pick from Titans. It will be much better.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    If it comes down to the Titans or the Jags offering a conditional 2nd rounder, I'd prefer the pick from Titans. It will be much better.
                    I agree but Tennessee is not as desparate as Jax. Two second rounders could turn into a first or 2 decent players. I know it doesn't help us this year but you will be liking it next year. Look what Dallas did with what they had. There D looks a heck of alot better now.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I agree but Tennessee is not as desparate as Jax. Two second rounders could turn into a first or 2 decent players. I know it doesn't help us this year but you will be liking it next year. Look what Dallas did with what they had. There D looks a heck of alot better now.
                      Plus if Fred Taylor can't play....that pick would definitely upgrade to a 2nd rounder from Jacksonville, whereas the pick would only be a 3rd rounder from Tennessee because Chris Brown will probably still play most of the season.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Hopefully the Jags will be on our 1-yard line and give it to Travis. Hopefully.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

I agree, if Taylor is out. Henry will reach the incentives to make it a 2nd rounder unless the conditions are astronomical. I think Jax would be a good fit for him. They pound the ball and he is a durable guy.

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Henry going to Jacksonville isn't ideal for us, but they seem to be offering the most, and it's still a fair deal for us. It should also make Travis happy being back in Florida, which I think he deserves. I know a lot of people soured on him this off-season, but he always gave us his best and just wants a chance to be able to play football again. Who knows, maybe he'll struggle or get injured (I'm in no way hoping that this happens) and then it will really look like a good deal.

I guess will just have to win our division and then it really won't matter what Jacksonville does.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                              • Jul 2002

we are in no position to be picky at this point IMO.
                              Its all about the quest.

Comment

Working...
                              X