X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Could Verba become a Bill?

I think the Bills actually have an exciting team this year. I think we will play alot like San Diego did last year. Let's face it, the 2 big question marks are Losman and LT. I know we can't afford Verba, but I keep thinking if we had him this team would be pretty awesome, even with a rookie QB at the helm. I also believe that maybe in the end we are going to have a multiple player/team deal with Henry. Any thoughts?
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Could Verba become a Bill?

If Mortenson is right, which he usually is, than you can scratch the multiple player/team trade.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

I'm not sure i understand...how can we have a multiple team trade for Verba when he's a UFA? I wouldn't mind picking him up though
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
        I'm not sure i understand...how can we have a multiple team trade for Verba when he's a UFA? I wouldn't mind picking him up though
        Seattle is trying to make some moves. Maybe we can pkg. more than Henry for another situation, etc. and free up Cap space for Verba.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

Maybe if we trade Henry, that 1.25 mil he frees up can be used to secure Verba for 1 season. Who knows, if no one else offers big cash maybe he would take a 1 year deal with us or something. I don't know.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ryjam282
            Maybe if we trade Henry, that 1.25 mil he frees up can be used to secure Verba for 1 season. Who knows, if no one else offers big cash maybe he would take a 1 year deal with us or something. I don't know.
            I think we need this cap space just to sign our rookies. I can't remember what Verba was asking for but I thought it was in the 5 Million/yr. range.

Comment

• ryjam282
              • Mar 2003

I know that, but if he doesn't get any offers. Maybe he can get something and get his money next offseason.

As far as the rookies go, I thought the Big Mike renegotiation was for them?

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

I'd rather see the extra cap space go towards extending Clements. If we could get our biggest FA priority for next off-season taken care of this year that would be huge. I know Gandy is a big question mark at LT, but I just feel like TD, Mularkey and McNally would have tried to do a little more at the position if they really weren't comfortable with what we have. Plus, next years draft is supposed to be rich with LT's, so I'd rather just save the money and see what we have with Gandy.

Comment

• Voltron
                  • Jul 2002

According to ESPN insider the only team that has shown any intrest (and who have the cap room) is the Texans.
                  Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                  - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ed
                    I'd rather see the extra cap space go towards extending Clements. If we could get our biggest FA priority for next off-season taken care of this year that would be huge. I know Gandy is a big question mark at LT, but I just feel like TD, Mularkey and McNally would have tried to do a little more at the position if they really weren't comfortable with what we have. Plus, next years draft is supposed to be rich with LT's, so I'd rather just save the money and see what we have with Gandy.
                    I absolutely 100% agree with everything you just wrote.

Stop making sense!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      • May 2004

I won't hold my breath for Verba...but I will say this. A couple of off seasons ago, we needed DT help. We brought in Sam Adams for a visit. We didn't have much cap room. Sam had been to two consecutive SuperBowls, and was regarded at the time as being a key to both of his prior teams defenses.

Consensus at the time is that while Sam would be a nice addition, no way we can afford him.

TD, in one of his better moments, pulled off signing Sam to an incentive laden deal that was do able under the constraints of our tight cap at that time.

So....while I am not a capologist, I don't think it is definately out of the question that Verba could become a Bill. But I do think it is highly unlikely.
                      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                      --Leo Durocher

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        I won't hold my breath for Verba...but I will say this. A couple of off seasons ago, we needed DT help. We brought in Sam Adams for a visit. We didn't have much cap room. Sam had been to two consecutive SuperBowls, and was regarded at the time as being a key to both of his prior teams defenses.

Consensus at the time is that while Sam would be a nice addition, no way we can afford him.

TD, in one of his better moments, pulled off signing Sam to an incentive laden deal that was do able under the constraints of our tight cap at that time.

So....while I am not a capologist, I don't think it is definately out of the question that Verba could become a Bill. But I do think it is highly unlikely.
                        Cool post. I wouldn't mind seeing him pull a rabbit out of his hat. I wonder how hard the Texans are working to sign him?

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

The guy hasn't signed with anyone yet...this shows that there isn't much interest in him. This could be because of his contract demands.

However, a smart move for Verba might be to sign with team who has a need at LT and go back into the FA market next year in an attempt to make more money.

He clearly isn't receiving the kind of attention he was hoping for, and will have to settle for a lesser offer. If he's smart, he'll settle for a lesser offer where he's guarenteed playing time.

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Merk
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Ed

Good call

Plus I feel that Verba is overated anyway. He is on the down side of his career and has already shown that he can be a pain in the neck. Plus hes all about the $$$

Comment

• ryjam282
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                              I agree, but we can still address Nate this season and get him locked up for the future without it affecting this season's cap. I say get Verba for 1 year to shore up the position for this season and go into the draft to replace him in the offseason.

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                              The guy hasn't signed with anyone yet...this shows that there isn't much interest in him. This could be because of his contract demands.

However, a smart move for Verba might be to sign with team who has a need at LT and go back into the FA market next year in an attempt to make more money.

He clearly isn't receiving the kind of attention he was hoping for, and will have to settle for a lesser offer. If he's smart, he'll settle for a lesser offer where he's guarenteed playing time.
                              I wouldn't say there isn't much interest in him but most teams have a set lineup for the most part and little cap space left for an upper tier LT. I agree, his best move may be to sign a 1 year deal and cash in next offseason when he has more time in the open market for teams who need help can snatch him up. Do you really think that Jonas would have gotten that much money if Verba was still on the open market? Makes you think a little bit.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                              X