PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings: Week 3

That Guy
07-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Power Rankings: Week Three
-from That Guy, Junior BZFL Writer

Week Three saw a couple upsets, a clash of unbeatens, and another thrashing from the Playas. For the power rankings, the team's previous week ranking will be in ( ).

1. (1) Los Angeles Playas (3-0) - A 49-20 win isn't going to change this team's position. Every team knows that these guys are the favorites.

2. (5) Los Angeles Aztecs (3-0) - They didn't have a pretty win, but they beat a very highly ranked Atlanta team. They're just getting it done right now in Los Angeles.

3. (3) Houston Retro Raiders (3-0) - Combined opponent records: 1-8. Not impressive. 39.0 points a game is impressive though, no matter who the opponents were.

4. (6) Jersey Jaguars (3-0) - Palmer-Kevin Jones-Boldin isn't the best trio in the league on paper... but hey, no losses yet.

5. (4) Rochester Rampage (3-0) - That Donovan McNabb dude is getting it done. However, they beat a team with Emmitt Smith at running back. Sorry, no ranking increase this week.

6. (2) Atlanta Screaming Vikings (2-1) - They lost to a very underrated Aztecs team. They should still be in good shape this season. Look for the Vikings to be back in the top 5 next week.

7. (8) Ebenezer Norsemen (2-1) - Great OT win over undefeated Pittsburgh. Look for them to continue this run against Tampa Bay.

8. (9) Rochester Rejects (2-1) - Where the hell is LT? Even without him at his best, they may be able to win a sub-par division. But to get through the playoffs? Not without a running back.

9. (7) Pittsburgh Fighting Shih Tzus (2-1) - Close loss to the Norsemen. Curtis Martin is playing fantastically right now.

10. (N/A) Oklahoma Outlaws (1-2) - Well... at least they're in the win column now.

The rest:

11. Tampa Bay Tarpons
12. Canadian Radiation Kings
13. New York Goldmines
14. Philadelphia Bushwhackers
15. Arizona Spaz Spartans
16. Kalamazoo Squirrels
17. Kansas City Super Deuces
18. Erie Assassins
19. Denver Golden Brewsers
20. New England Wookiees

Devin
07-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Agreed. I think thats pretty close to what id say. A lot of teams not playing up to thier potential, imo primarily because of lack of knowledge of how this sim works or general footbal knowledge. Either way its been interesting so far!

L.A. Playa
07-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Feels good to be ranked #1 but I usually like to be the underdog, lets see if I can maintain with the big bullseye on my chest, I can either maintain or go down, but thanks for the great article

Michael82
07-14-2005, 02:00 PM
How could I lose a spot when I kick the crap out of a team? 38-18? Come on!

Devin
07-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Ill be the first to give Mikey props, his team and the aztecs have surprised me most.

R. Rich
07-14-2005, 02:05 PM
My team has surprised me the most, by not losing each game by 70. Have to work on that.

Devin
07-14-2005, 02:07 PM
lol

R. Rich
07-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Devin thinks I'm kidding.

L.A. Playa
07-14-2005, 02:13 PM
My team has surprised me the most, by not losing each game by 70. Have to work on that.

I thought you would be upset that werent ranked #20

Michael82
07-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Ill be the first to give Mikey props, his team and the aztecs have surprised me most.
Thanks Devin. I owe it to you and all those picks that I acquired from you. :snicker2:

:up:

R. Rich
07-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I thought you would be upset that werent ranked #20
Not @ all. I told you guys, I really don't care about the record for this first season. I don't want half of my roster to end up on IR, and I do want them to develop as players, but I'm not as concerned w/ winning it all in year one. I'm more hoping that my young players will all develop together and give me the nucleus for a very good team that will compete for more than just one or two years.

L.A. Playa
07-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Well there are great expectations for alot of the players on your roster in the NFL this year, so you may have a great team next year

R. Rich
07-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Well there are great expectations for alot of the players on your roster in the NFL this year, so you may have a great team next year
Maybe, but I'm not counting on it. Some people so far have done better than I expected them to (Brandon Lloyd, Randy Starks) while others are really having a tough go of it (Leftwich, Troupe, D. Robinson). We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.