07-14-2005, 03:25 PM
The guy is a bum. No work ethic.

lordofgun
07-14-2005, 03:26 PM
The guy is a bum. No work ethic.
Sounds like a good fit for Miami then. :D

Static
07-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Hopefully saban can polish this turd.........we used the lower of our 5th round picks so i don't feel that disturbed by the dolphins drafting him.....but we will have to wait and see.

speilman would have used a 2nd on him.......

L.A. Playa
07-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Hopefully saban can polish this turd.........we used the lower of our 5th round picks so i don't feel that disturbed by the dolphins drafting him.....but we will have to wait and see.

speilman would have used a 2nd on him.......

Actually if i understand the rules of the supplemental draft Miami can only use their own draft pick in the supplemental draft and not acquired picks

BillsRockSOMUCH
07-14-2005, 03:33 PM

speilman would have used a 2nd on him.......Speilman would've used a first on him. :snicker:

L.A. Playa
07-14-2005, 03:34 PM
watching Manny Wright play he has alot of potential but is not a smart player he will get an occasional big play but for the most part get pushed around because he doesnt have great mechanics or technique

clumping platelets
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Sounds like a good fit for Miami then. :D

:roflmao:

feelthepain
07-14-2005, 05:24 PM
The guy is a bum. No work ethic.It's funny, there are some good reports on him too, I guess all that matters is the fans here think every player the fins sign is a "bum". I'm also sure most here will agree with you, that's fine. It's obvious it's a comment made from Bill fan and not a football fan. I think Saban will have him in shape and ready to play when the time is right, and if he doesn't work out all we've lost is a fifth rd pick, not bad considering his upside.

Saban is a very good teacher and will have the D playing better by simply paying attention to details and mixing things up unlike Wanny's never changing gameplan. We were a top D when we were predictable, I can't wait to see what this D can do when the other team doesn't know whats coming on 3rd and 6 or 1st and 10 or 2nd and 3. Our D will be better this year IMO and adding the players to the D that we added this off season has given us much better depth. I think Wright was a solid pickup for us and will have a good career with the Fins.

Samphin1
07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
It's funny, there are some good reports on him too, I guess all that matters is the fans here think every player the fins sign is a "bum". I'm also sure most here will agree with you, that's fine. It's obvious it's a comment made from Bill fan and not a football fan. I think Saban will have him in shape and ready to play when the time is right, and if he doesn't work out all we've lost is a fifth rd pick, not bad considering his upside.

Saban is a very good teacher and will have the D playing better by simply paying attention to details and mixing things up unlike Wanny's never changing gameplan. We were a top D when we were predictable, I can't wait to see what this D can do when the other team doesn't know whats coming on 3rd and 6 or 1st and 10 or 2nd and 3. Our D will be better this year IMO and adding the players to the D that we added this off season has given us much better depth. I think Wright was a solid pickup for us and will have a good career with the Fins.

agreed. Bills fans are just peeved because of the good value Saban used to get him. a Low fifth round pick for a guy a lot of people have projected as a first round pick or at worst a first day pick in next year;s draft is great. :bf1:

DraftBoy
07-14-2005, 05:55 PM
agreed. Bills fans are just peeved because of the good value Saban used to get him. a Low fifth round pick for a guy a lot of people have projected as a first round pick or at worst a first day pick in next year;s draft is great. :bf1:

ESPN John Clayton, and Len Pasquerelli both say Wright has charachter issues and was a risk pick. Now of course these guys opinions isnt the word of god, but come on now. A simple search tells you this guy has character issues. He also appears to not be very smart since he failed to qualify academically for 2005. Also you be hard pressed to find any place giving a rotation DT first round talent status. He never started a game for USC and wasnt in the depth rotation to do so. 3rd round talent would be as high as you would possibly see him imo. He was picked at a good point in round 5. He wasnt reached for or a steal there. A solid pick considering Miami's lack of depth there. I wouldnt expect anything like everydown starter in the next 3 years if ever.

Samphin1
07-14-2005, 07:13 PM
ESPN John Clayton, and Len Pasquerelli both say Wright has charachter issues and was a risk pick. Now of course these guys opinions isnt the word of god, but come on now. A simple search tells you this guy has character issues. He also appears to not be very smart since he failed to qualify academically for 2005. Also you be hard pressed to find any place giving a rotation DT first round talent status. He never started a game for USC and wasnt in the depth rotation to do so. 3rd round talent would be as high as you would possibly see him imo. He was picked at a good point in round 5. He wasnt reached for or a steal there. A solid pick considering Miami's lack of depth there. I wouldnt expect anything like everydown starter in the next 3 years if ever.

Well, if you want to throw around opinions of sports reportsers then lets. Adam Schefter said he would have been a first round pick in next year's draft. The boys on NFL Live praised the pick and said it was, in fact, an absolute steal. Even Clayton praised the pick.

Manuel Wright has talent, and had Buffalo picked him up for a fifth rounder, you guys would be happy too. If you deny it, then you are most likely, lieing. I never said he would crack the starting lineup this year, or even next year. We have sufficient talent on our starting line. Kevin Carter, Keith Traylor and Larry Chester ( if healthy ) along with Jeff Zgonina will be in front of him. Plus Dario Romero and Kevin Vickerson as well.

What this does do is give us much more needed depth and youth to build on in the future. Vickerson, Wright and possibly romero may be what we are looking at as of next year, or the year after. And as for him not being smart, he scored pretty high on his wonderlic test I do believe. Just because someone doesn't keep up in school doesn't mean they are stupid.

Nighthawk
07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
It's funny, there are some good reports on him too, I guess all that matters is the fans here think every player the fins sign is a "bum". I'm also sure most here will agree with you, that's fine. It's obvious it's a comment made from Bill fan and not a football fan. I think Saban will have him in shape and ready to play when the time is right, and if he doesn't work out all we've lost is a fifth rd pick, not bad considering his upside.

Listen, nobody knows how good he is going to be. If he turns out to be good...then it is great value for the Phins. If he turns out to be bad, then they're a bunch of idiots. However, nobody knows and thus the reason he was available that low. Obviously, he wasn't thought of very highly by other teams or he would have been taken higher. On the other hand, I think it is a great move to take a flyer on him with a 5th rounder...what is there to lose?

feelthepain
07-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Listen, nobody knows how good he is going to be. If he turns out to be good...then it is great value for the Phins. If he turns out to be bad, then they're a bunch of idiots. However, nobody knows and thus the reason he was available that low. Obviously, he wasn't thought of very highly by other teams or he would have been taken higher. On the other hand, I think it is a great move to take a flyer on him with a 5th rounder...what is there to lose?

A "bunch of idiots"...... for taking a possible first round pick in the fifth round?? Wheres the logic in that?? I think Wright is exactly where you spend a fifth rd pick.

ShadowHawk7
07-14-2005, 10:02 PM
A "bunch of idiots"...... for taking a possible first round pick in the fifth round?? Wheres the logic in that?? I think Wright is exactly where you spend a fifth rd pick.
Yeah, it was a good move by the Fins. I prolly would of spent our 5th rounder on him, we could use another good DT. We're getting a 3rd next year for Henry anyways. (at least)

JefftheBillsfan
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
i think the dolphins did well to get him for a 5th.

SoCalBillsFan
07-15-2005, 12:39 AM
Being a Bills fan and a USC grad, I am on both sides of this, and I have seen the guy play for the last 2 years. Let me say this about him:

1. Incredible talent. Runs a 4.9, maybe faster when healthy, at over 300 pounds. Is capable of being VERY disruptive and in the backfield a lot.
2. The reason he didn't start is because he was behind two all AMericans- Mike Patterson (1st round pick) and Shaun COdy (2nd rd pick)- who were both there before him.
3. I wouldn't say it's so much of a "Character" issue as much as a work ethic issue. He doesn't work very hard on the field or off it. It's his lack of hard work in the classroom (aparently he just gave up) that is the reason he isn't in college this year.
4. He is very injury prone. He never made it through a full season.

Overall, this is GREAT value for the fifth round. He has first round talent, but seems to be lazy. For the minimum and a 5th rounder its well worth it if you think you can coach him up and he can stay healthy. I don't see him making an impact this year, but maybe down the road.

cordog
07-15-2005, 01:41 AM

obviously not too many teams thought of him as a first round pick, or else he would have been taken higher. But, hes definetly worth a 5th round pick.

He couldnt be any worse than who the dolphins will take in the 5th round next year, or even the 1st.

ryjam282
07-15-2005, 07:11 AM

Did you even read his post???? He said
If he turns out to be bad, then they're a bunch of idiots. However, nobody knows and thus the reason he was available that low. Obviously, he wasn't thought of very highly by other teams or he would have been taken higher. On the other hand, I think it is a great move to take a flyer on him with a 5th rounder...what is there to lose?

IF HE TURNS OUT BAD they are a bunch of idiots. He didn't call them that for picking him. No one knows how this will pan out but spending a 5th rounder on him was a good job IMO. Only the future will tell.

Patrick76777
07-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Saban is a very good teacher .

We tried the teacher thing a few years ago. It didn't work out so well!

feelthepain
07-15-2005, 10:19 AM
We tried the teacher thing a few years ago. It didn't work out so well!
???? I guess since it didn't work for, whatever you're talking about, then it can't work for the fins?? ok...I guess.

Patrick76777
07-15-2005, 10:26 AM
???? I guess since it didn't work for, whatever you're talking about, then it can't work for the fins?? ok...I guess.
Calm down my man. It was a little jab at our ex-coach Gregg Williams and meant to make Bills fans laugh.

GW said he’d be a teacher about a 1000 times. He sucked.

feelthepain
07-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Calm down my man. It was a little jab at our ex-coach Gregg Williams and meant to make Bills fans laugh.

GW said he’d be a teacher about a 1000 times. He sucked.
I think he taught the Bills D well, he just had no clue about the O.

Static
07-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Actually if i understand the rules of the supplemental draft Miami can only use their own draft pick in the supplemental draft and not acquired picks

I am not exactly sure......from all that i have heard it was the lower pick.......but i still haven't found any confermation on this......

The_Philster
07-15-2005, 03:36 PM
I think he taught the Bills D well, he just had no clue about the O.the D was already taught how to play well...we had an excellent defense before he arrived