X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

Holcomb in top 5 for backup QBs

4. Kelly Holcomb, Buffalo: The Bills' Tom Donahoe has built a career out of outmaneuvering opponents, and his signing of the former Cleveland backup qualifies as this year's clever move. Holcomb not only is good; he's so good he shredded Pittsburgh for 429 yards and three touchdowns in a 2002 playoff loss and hit 30 of 39 for 413 yards and five TDs last year against Cincinnati. Buffalo qualifies as a potential playoff candidate, largely on the strength of its 8-2 finish last year. Yes, the Bills start an unproven quarterback in J.P. Losman, but Donahoe saw enough talent there to make him a first-round draft pick. That's the good news. The bad: Losman missed most of his rookie season with a training-camp injury and played sparingly. The Bills are in his hands, but if he struggles -- and he could -- the cavalry is waiting.

• HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Holcomb in top 5 for backup QBs

I've been saying this since we made this move. By far the best off season pick up by any team. He is a starter on half of the teams in the league. The fact that the bills got him speaks volumes.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      • May 2004

Re: Holcomb in top 5 for backup QBs

I too feel like Holcomb could end up being the key to the whole season. Even if he doesn't start a game....he will be pushing JP in TC and all year long. Plus, it's nice not to have to worry about what is going to become of the team if JP goes down.
      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
      --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
      X