X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Bills...national television

I can't wait for the saturday night game at home against Denver.....its going to be insane..... It got me to wondering...when was the last time Buffalo hosted a nationally televised game? Second of all, will we ever get a Monday night game here?
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills...national television

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
    I can't wait for the saturday night game at home against Denver.....its going to be insane..... It got me to wondering...when was the last time Buffalo hosted a nationally televised game? Second of all, will we ever get a Monday night game here?
    In 2000, we hosted the Titans Opening Day
    In 99, the Jets in week 2
    both of those were Sunday nighters

last MNF game we hosted was in 94 against the Broncos
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

The last time Buffalo hosted a primetime game was against Tenn. in 2000.

The last time Buffalo hosted a Monday Night game was in 1994...

out of all the teams in the NFL, that is currently the longest streak for any team in the NFL to not host a MNF home game... the only other team w/a comparable drought like that is Houston, but keep in mind they didn't have a team for a few years.

Negating Houston, the team w/ the longest drought not to host a Monday Night game is Arizona, which hasn't hosted one since 1999.

I find it absolutely unfair that some teams get a MNF home game year after year, and in some cases twice a year, and Buffalo hasn't hosted one in 11 years.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Not a question of fair...Ralph has specifically asked the league not to schedule any MNF games here..the fan base is so spread out...some people wouldn't get home til morning.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Sorry guys but every time the Bills are on Prime Time they get spanked and it is usually embarrassing. Did you forget about 2 years ago, after are 2-0 start and they had Spikes do the psycho intro for the Sunday Night Game on ESPN. I think the Chiefs beat us like 80-3 or something. It was over in the first quarter and the annoucers were dying. The Bills need to put a team together first before the Networks are going to risk a rating nightmare with them.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
            • Mar 2003

Yeah, that fins game, that Chiefs game, and that Pats game, didn't settle well when I tried to get some sleep to go to school tomorrow. And we get to go to Foxboro in front of a national audience again. Yay.
            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• chubluv
              BillsZone bowling team MVP
              • Jan 2003

That 94 Mon night game against Denver was the Bills 250 th franchise win.

We are in 5th place
              Clump is on the IR
              Chubluv average is 167
              Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
              Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

I was at that Titan Sunday night game. What a great experience.
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
                  Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
                  • Jul 2005

Sorry but the Bills won't get a monday night game anytime this decade because NFL fans don't want to watch garbage on primetime. Only good teams like the Patriots and Cowboys are worthy of the national stage. Buffalo has had more than their share of chances but are embarrased and destroyed everytime. You do remember the Pats game right? Or the chiefs game a few years ago? I'm shocked the Bills got a couple sunday nighters, but obviously the schedule makers decided this when Bledsoe was still on the roster. It was likely too late to change it after he left. Personally I'm looking forward to the NE game again this year on Sunday night. If Lossman isn't on the IR by then expect him to be thoroughly dominated and abused. Do you think Bellecheck is salivating over the prospect of facing this guy two times a year yet? Just be ready when Richard Seymour runs right through your pathetic line untouched and slams his cocky mouth to the turf. The next monday morning the headlines will read: "JP to Rodney For The INT returned 80 yards for the TD"

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Hey Troll buddy, you know what was my favorite MNF game last year???The one when Dallas played the Eagles and the Eagle ended the game after the first half....That was some quality football on the national stage and in front of a home crowd....that must have been a proud day in Dallas

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      the fan base is so spread out...some people wouldn't get home til morning.
                      I still have a problem buying this argument. Cities like Cleveland, Green Bay, etc. don't have the luxury of playing in big markets and still get primetime games quit often. Rochester is slightly smaller than Buffalo and is only an hour drive, and Niagra Falls is 20 minutes away. That's easily 2 - 3 million people right there, and that doesn't even count people in the rest of WNY or the southern tier that would have, at most, an hour drive. I think it's safe to say that most fans in other cities drive at least an hour to go to a Monday night game, whether they live far outside the city or have to sit in gridlock. I know fans here in NYC do, or at least put up with the 2 hour train rides.

I think it should be a matter of "fair" when every other team in the league is getting games at least once every 2 or 3 seasons, or in some cases 2 a season, and the Bills fans who are just as deserving haven't gotten the chance to go to one in more than a decade.

Phil, how do you know that RWS doesn't want a MNF game here? Did he say it ever? Just curious.

If he did, it makes no sense for them to give us Sunday Night games as oppossed to Monday Night games, because both nights preceed workdays regardless.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Sorry guys but every time the Bills are on Prime Time they get spanked and it is usually embarrassing. Did you forget about 2 years ago, after are 2-0 start and they had Spikes do the psycho intro for the Sunday Night Game on ESPN. I think the Chiefs beat us like 80-3 or something. It was over in the first quarter and the annoucers were dying. The Bills need to put a team together first before the Networks are going to risk a rating nightmare with them.
                      It was 38-5. And it shouldn't matter if we get spanked in primetime... when was the last time Detroit won on Thanksgiving? Yet they still get that slot every year. The Giants and Redskins both have a history of getting obliterated on Sunday/Monday night games yet continue to get them year after year.

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
                      Sorry but the Bills won't get a monday night game anytime this decade because NFL fans don't want to watch garbage on primetime. Only good teams like the Patriots and Cowboys are worthy of the national stage. Buffalo has had more than their share of chances but are embarrased and destroyed everytime. You do remember the Pats game right? Or the chiefs game a few years ago? I'm shocked the Bills got a couple sunday nighters, but obviously the schedule makers decided this when Bledsoe was still on the roster. It was likely too late to change it after he left. Personally I'm looking forward to the NE game again this year on Sunday night. If Lossman isn't on the IR by then expect him to be thoroughly dominated and abused. Do you think Bellecheck is salivating over the prospect of facing this guy two times a year yet? Just be ready when Richard Seymour runs right through your pathetic line untouched and slams his cocky mouth to the turf. The next monday morning the headlines will read: "JP to Rodney For The INT returned 80 yards for the TD"
                      Dude, you need to shut the **** up and leave. Stop spamming the boards.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                        Phil, how do you know that RWS doesn't want a MNF game here? Did he say it ever? Just curious.

If he did, it makes no sense for them to give us Sunday Night games as oppossed to Monday Night games, because both nights preceed workdays regardless.
                        Yes...he said so back in the mid-late 90s...and it took quite a while for him to even accept the SNF games...my guess is the reasoning is that people might only have to take 1 day off of work as opposed to 2

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          Yes...he said so back in the mid-late 90s...and it took quite a while for him to even accept the SNF games...my guess is the reasoning is that people might only have to take 1 day off of work as opposed to 2
                          ehh. I can understand his reasoning, but I don't agree with it. I still think the appeal of night games would entice most fans to make the trip, even if it is a rather long one for some... though I think the majority of fans don't have to trek any further than any other fans in league.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere and it was still only about an hour drive to the stadium for me.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            ehh. I can understand his reasoning, but I don't agree with it. I still think the appeal of night games would entice most fans to make the trip, even if it is a rather long one for some... though I think the majority of fans don't have to trek any further than any other fans in league.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere and it was still only about an hour drive to the stadium for me.
                            an hour for you...I drive an hour and a half..Voltron, mush, and others travel from even farther away..heck, we have some people driving over 8 hours

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Hey Troll buddy, you know what was my favorite MNF game last year???The one when Dallas played the Eagles and the Eagle ended the game after the first half....That was some quality football on the national stage and in front of a home crowd....that must have been a proud day in Dallas

I know that was one of my favorite games. I love to see Dallas, especially Parcells get spanked around.

Comment

Working...
                              X