Henry-Titans close too?? So says Mort...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Henry-Titans close too?? So says Mort...

Titans close to landing Henry
    ESPN's Chris Mortensen is hearing the Buffalo Bills finally are close to trading Henry, with the Tennessee Titans the most likely partner.
    Mortensen said on ESPN Radio on Friday that Tennessee is willing to surrender the third-round pick Buffalo has been seeking in exchange for Henry. While Henry might prefer to go to Jacksonville, which reportedly could offer him more money in a renegotiated contract, the Bills are focusing their attention on the Titans' offer.

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli has reported renewed interest from Seattle in acquiring Henry, but the Seahawks refused to confirm that to the Seattle Times.

Hmmmm....
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Henry-Titans close too?? So says Mort...

Let 'em duke it out!!!

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

TITANS JAGUARS

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

a 3rd that could be a 2nd would be perfect, especially from the Titans
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

I think you are thinking opposite.

We want whatever team he goes to, to have a bad record, but henry get lots of yards... that way, their 2nd rounder is high!

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Right....that would be the Titans.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              • May 2004

Exactly....and I think the Titans have less of a shot at success than the Jags do, at least this year. But either way...if there is a conditional pick involved....we should all be rooting for Travis's success. I myself would rather have him go to the Jags and be successful with more playing time and get a low 2nd roudner, than go to the Titans and get a high 3rd because he either doesn't get much playing time or the team is not successful.

Does anyone know if the yards/carries/games numbers that are part of a conditional pick include playoffs?
              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
              --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

I wonder if anybody has a decent backup OT they could throw in with a 3rd.

Comment

• jamze132
                  • Jun 2003

If this trade rumor is indeed true, Donahoe needs to get it done. A 3rd rounder from the Titans will be like getting a low 2nd anyways. Not too many other teams that will fair worse than Tennessee this season.

Comment

• ryjam282
                    Offical Billszone Starting QB
                    • Mar 2003

WOW, TD is looking like a genious yet again....Let's hope someone overpays with a pick so we make out like bandits in the end.

Ryan Withey
                    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Bills 4 life
                      • Oct 2004

i say who cares where he goes. get a 2nd rounder. one team will get desperate.
                      "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bills 4 life
                        that's what i'm thinking. What's with the rushing? Another RB could easily get hurt in training camp on another team, making them very desperate for Henry.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bills 4 life
                          Yep...that's they way I feel. What's with everyone rushing to get the deal done. The longer we wait, the more likely it will benefit us. What if Arizona loses JJ Arrington in TC? Or the Giants lose Tiki...I mean anything can happen.

There were so many people criticizing TD for not getting the trade done during the draft, but if he gets a 2nd For TH instead of the 4th some people felt he should have just took - those people will look like the fools that they were. I need to start keeping track of names. Maybe I'll go look through the archives if nobody fesses up. A 2nd next year would be great! We would probably use the top 2nd rd pick on an OT...we might be able to use the 1st rounder on Moulds eventual replacement...or, if we can't afford to extend or come to an agreement with Nate, we may need to pick a 1st round CB.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I have to say this and I may get some abuse for this but.. I think Henry played hard for us and it would be a shame if ends up in Tennessee. He will get a better deal, better chance to prove himself, and a better team in Jax. I think he got a raw deal in the end here and although I want Henry out of here I don't want to see him get a crappier deal than he deserves.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Yep...that's they way I feel. What's with everyone rushing to get the deal done. The longer we wait, the more likely it will benefit us. What if Arizona loses JJ Arrington in TC? Or the Giants lose Tiki...I mean anything can happen.

There were so many people criticizing TD for not getting the trade done during the draft, but if he gets a 2nd For TH instead of the 4th some people felt he should have just took - those people will look like the fools that they were. I need to start keeping track of names. Maybe I'll go look through the archives if nobody fesses up. A 2nd next year would be great! We would probably use the top 2nd rd pick on an OT...we might be able to use the 1st rounder on Moulds eventual replacement...or, if we can't afford to extend or come to an agreement with Nate, we may need to pick a 1st round CB.
                              Two things....TD has to be careful that he does not outsmart himself. He came right out and stated that a 3rd rounder was what he was looking for. To hold out for more, at this point, makes him look bad, even if he gets it and it benefits the Bills.

Second--I'll fess up as being all over TD for not pulling the trigger on a draft day deal....but I really wanted Shelton ....or another player. I didn't think waiting would benefit us this year....but it might in the end. IF we can lure a 2nd rounder from someone for Henry, we can all but guarantee that we can address the CB and OT situation to be fortified in next years draft. Thus, we don't have to spend the cash on extending Clements...and we can go get some immediate assistance by way of another OT and a backup RB. Just a thought......
                              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                              --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                              X