PDA

View Full Version : Henry-Titans close too?? So says Mort...

Italian Stallion
07-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Titans close to landing Henry
<Jul. 15> ESPN's Chris Mortensen is hearing the Buffalo Bills finally are close to trading Henry, with the Tennessee Titans the most likely partner.
Mortensen said on ESPN Radio on Friday that Tennessee is willing to surrender the third-round pick Buffalo has been seeking in exchange for Henry. While Henry might prefer to go to Jacksonville, which reportedly could offer him more money in a renegotiated contract, the Bills are focusing their attention on the Titans' offer.

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli has reported renewed interest from Seattle in acquiring Henry, but the Seahawks refused to confirm that to the Seattle Times.

Hmmmm....

Mr. Miyagi
07-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Let 'em duke it out!!! :rocker:

ryven
07-15-2005, 08:19 AM
TITANS :duel: JAGUARS

casdhf
07-15-2005, 08:21 AM
a 3rd that could be a 2nd would be perfect, especially from the Titans

Pride
07-15-2005, 08:34 AM
I think you are thinking opposite.

We want whatever team he goes to, to have a bad record, but henry get lots of yards... that way, their 2nd rounder is high!

casdhf
07-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Right....that would be the Titans.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Exactly....and I think the Titans have less of a shot at success than the Jags do, at least this year. But either way...if there is a conditional pick involved....we should all be rooting for Travis's success. I myself would rather have him go to the Jags and be successful with more playing time and get a low 2nd roudner, than go to the Titans and get a high 3rd because he either doesn't get much playing time or the team is not successful.

Does anyone know if the yards/carries/games numbers that are part of a conditional pick include playoffs?

Earthquake Enyart
07-15-2005, 09:04 AM
I wonder if anybody has a decent backup OT they could throw in with a 3rd.

jamze132
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
If this trade rumor is indeed true, Donahoe needs to get it done. A 3rd rounder from the Titans will be like getting a low 2nd anyways. Not too many other teams that will fair worse than Tennessee this season.

ryjam282
07-15-2005, 09:19 AM
WOW, TD is looking like a genious yet again....Let's hope someone overpays with a pick so we make out like bandits in the end.

Bills 4 life
07-15-2005, 09:20 AM
i say who cares where he goes. get a 2nd rounder. one team will get desperate.

Michael82
07-15-2005, 10:08 AM
that's what i'm thinking. What's with the rushing? Another RB could easily get hurt in training camp on another team, making them very desperate for Henry. :snicker:

mysticsoto
07-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Yep...that's they way I feel. What's with everyone rushing to get the deal done. The longer we wait, the more likely it will benefit us. What if Arizona loses JJ Arrington in TC? Or the Giants lose Tiki...I mean anything can happen.

There were so many people criticizing TD for not getting the trade done during the draft, but if he gets a 2nd For TH instead of the 4th some people felt he should have just took - those people will look like the fools that they were. I need to start keeping track of names. Maybe I'll go look through the archives if nobody fesses up. A 2nd next year would be great! We would probably use the top 2nd rd pick on an OT...we might be able to use the 1st rounder on Moulds eventual replacement...or, if we can't afford to extend or come to an agreement with Nate, we may need to pick a 1st round CB.

HHURRICANE
07-15-2005, 11:21 AM
I have to say this and I may get some abuse for this but.. I think Henry played hard for us and it would be a shame if ends up in Tennessee. He will get a better deal, better chance to prove himself, and a better team in Jax. I think he got a raw deal in the end here and although I want Henry out of here I don't want to see him get a crappier deal than he deserves.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
07-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Yep...that's they way I feel. What's with everyone rushing to get the deal done. The longer we wait, the more likely it will benefit us. What if Arizona loses JJ Arrington in TC? Or the Giants lose Tiki...I mean anything can happen.

There were so many people criticizing TD for not getting the trade done during the draft, but if he gets a 2nd For TH instead of the 4th some people felt he should have just took - those people will look like the fools that they were. I need to start keeping track of names. Maybe I'll go look through the archives if nobody fesses up. A 2nd next year would be great! We would probably use the top 2nd rd pick on an OT...we might be able to use the 1st rounder on Moulds eventual replacement...or, if we can't afford to extend or come to an agreement with Nate, we may need to pick a 1st round CB.

Two things....TD has to be careful that he does not outsmart himself. He came right out and stated that a 3rd rounder was what he was looking for. To hold out for more, at this point, makes him look bad, even if he gets it and it benefits the Bills.

Second--I'll fess up as being all over TD for not pulling the trigger on a draft day deal....but I really wanted Shelton ....or another player. I didn't think waiting would benefit us this year....but it might in the end. IF we can lure a 2nd rounder from someone for Henry, we can all but guarantee that we can address the CB and OT situation to be fortified in next years draft. Thus, we don't have to spend the cash on extending Clements...and we can go get some immediate assistance by way of another OT and a backup RB. Just a thought......

Philagape
07-15-2005, 11:56 AM
To hold out for more, at this point, makes him look bad, even if he gets it and it benefits the Bills.

His one and only job is to benefit the Bills, so if he does that, then that makes him look good.

HHURRICANE
07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
His one and only job is to benefit the Bills, so if he does that, then that makes him look good.
No, I disagree here. He has to have credibility also. He does have to be careful of this when he goes from asking for a Third rounder to a Second.

Marvelous
07-15-2005, 12:24 PM
I have to say this and I may get some abuse for this but.. I think Henry played hard for us and it would be a shame if ends up in Tennessee. He will get a better deal, better chance to prove himself, and a better team in Jax. I think he got a raw deal in the end here and although I want Henry out of here I don't want to see him get a crappier deal than he deserves.
I'm with ya BUT the team always comes first.

mysticsoto
07-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Two things....TD has to be careful that he does not outsmart himself. He came right out and stated that a 3rd rounder was what he was looking for. To hold out for more, at this point, makes him look bad, even if he gets it and it benefits the Bills.

Second--I'll fess up as being all over TD for not pulling the trigger on a draft day deal....but I really wanted Shelton ....or another player. I didn't think waiting would benefit us this year....but it might in the end. IF we can lure a 2nd rounder from someone for Henry, we can all but guarantee that we can address the CB and OT situation to be fortified in next years draft. Thus, we don't have to spend the cash on extending Clements...and we can go get some immediate assistance by way of another OT and a backup RB. Just a thought......
Way to be a man and confess. You just got pts in my book for that!

I hear what you're saying about the 3rd rounder...but to me, this is a business - and what TD excels at. If the Titans wanted him they should have offered a 3rd before and we might have taken it quickly. Now, the Jags realize that they are probably going to need TH and might offer a conditional 2nd. Sorry, but in no way do I feel that TD owes the Titans in any way and should give him to them for a 3rd. This is a business, and as such, requires us to get the best possible deal for him.

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-15-2005, 03:18 PM
I hope TD doesn't get greedy or the whole s**thouse might go up in flames. Try to get a conditional 2nd under favorable terms (1,200 yds). If not, shut up, run with the 3rd, get him the hell out of here, and get to camp with one huge weight off your shoulders.

ShadowHawk7
07-15-2005, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't mess around anymore. Trade Henry (preferbly to the Titans) for a conditional 2nd, and be done with it. A lot of the Jags interest is b/c Taylor is still an unknown. If he recovers faster than expected, there goes the Jags interest. Which will in turn bring down what the Titans or Seahawks will be willing to pay.

Jan Reimers
07-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I'd love a 2nd. I don't care what TD has said previously - the market changes daily and we now seem to have at least 3 teams very interested in TH. It's TD's opportunity to show once again what a great poker player he is.

jpdex12
07-15-2005, 08:28 PM
a 3rd that could be a 2nd would be perfect, especially from the Titans
Damn, who is that chick in your avatar?

jpdex12
07-15-2005, 08:34 PM

Plus we could tag Nate with the ole franchise label and he stays for a year or we get another first rounder.

The_Philster
07-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Damn, who is that chick in your avatar?Jessica Simpson from the upcoming Dukes of Hazzard movie

jpdex12
07-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Jessica Simpson from the upcoming Dukes of Hazzard movie
God, I must be friggin blind. I'd eat her crap just to see where it came from!:drool2:

LifetimeBillsFan
07-16-2005, 02:29 AM

Add this to the mix: Instead of L.Shelton for T.Henry, we get a conditional second/definite third round pick for T.Henry and sign R.Verba, who has had very few suitors other than the Bills, with the cash saved by trading T.Henry.

While I would prefer the Titans' pick to the Jags' pick, regardless of whether it is a straight third rounder (the minimum that I think TD should take at this point) or a conditional second round pick, frankly, I wouldn't care much which team it was if it was a conditional second round pick--which is a lot more than anyone was offering before the draft.

As for TD's credibility: if one of these teams is willing to offer him a conditional second round pick for T.Henry, what's he supposed to do, turn it down? Given that there are three teams interested in trading for T.Henry at this point and they are likely to have very different positions in the draft (the Titans, who will be awful, in the first third, the Jags in the second third, and the Seahawks, who have a good shot at making the playoffs, in the last third), I'd give them a chance to outbid one another if they are willing to do so. Their GMs all know what the score is and would do exactly the same thing if they were in TD's shoes, so they won't hold it against him and he would be a fool not to give it a try.

casdhf
07-16-2005, 07:35 AM
Damn, who is that chick in your avatar?
:up:

HHURRICANE
07-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Add this to the mix: Instead of L.Shelton for T.Henry, we get a conditional second/definite third round pick for T.Henry and sign R.Verba, who has had very few suitors other than the Bills, with the cash saved by trading T.Henry.

While I would prefer the Titans' pick to the Jags' pick, regardless of whether it is a straight third rounder (the minimum that I think TD should take at this point) or a conditional second round pick, frankly, I wouldn't care much which team it was if it was a conditional second round pick--which is a lot more than anyone was offering before the draft.

As for TD's credibility: if one of these teams is willing to offer him a conditional second round pick for T.Henry, what's he supposed to do, turn it down? Given that there are three teams interested in trading for T.Henry at this point and they are likely to have very different positions in the draft (the Titans, who will be awful, in the first third, the Jags in the second third, and the Seahawks, who have a good shot at making the playoffs, in the last third), I'd give them a chance to outbid one another if they are willing to do so. Their GMs all know what the score is and would do exactly the same thing if they were in TD's shoes, so they won't hold it against him and he would be a fool not to give it a try.
Good post. I want Verba!!