X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So is this what's going on?

Earlier this year, Donahoe sends Henry's agent to drum up trade talks, asking for a 2nd rounder in return.

Dennis Green checked in, after some bargaining posture, offerred a player swap: Henry for Sheldon, Buffalo coaches rejected Sheldon.

in April's draft, Donahoe lowered the deamnd to a 3rd round, Floyd Reese offered a 5th round (I'd bet he might be willing to go to a 4th round), the Bills turned it down.

Reese upgraded the offer to a 4th, the Bills turned it down, knowing Jacksonville is showing strong interest.

Titans and Jaguars both came up with a conditional 3rd round offer, instead of weighing offers, Donahoe leaked info about Seahawks' interest in Henry to the media.

Reese finally decided to cough up the said 3rd round Donahoe wants. But Donahoe instead asked Del Rio to top it with a conditional 2nd round.

If you are Floyd Reese, why do you still do business with Tom Donahoe?
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: So is this what's going on?

Because he needs a quality RB

Comment

• Jayhawk
      • Aug 2004

come on, your making TD out to be a jerk. the other gms do this, it's called getting the best deal.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Aero II
        RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
        • Jul 2002

If you're the Jets, why do they still do business with the Redskins?

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

They're all playing the game. If Reese would have given a 3rd a few weeks ago, he would have had him already.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
            Earlier this year, Donahoe sends Henry's agent to drum up trade talks, asking for a 2nd rounder in return.

Dennis Green checked in, after some bargaining posture, offerred a player swap: Henry for Sheldon, Buffalo coaches rejected Sheldon.

in April's draft, Donahoe lowered the deamnd to a 3rd round, Floyd Reese offered a 5th round (I'd bet he might be willing to go to a 4th round), the Bills turned it down.

Reese upgraded the offer to a 4th, the Bills turned it down, knowing Jacksonville is showing strong interest.

Titans and Jaguars both came up with a conditional 3rd round offer, instead of weighing offers, Donahoe leaked info about Seahawks' interest in Henry to the media.

Reese finally decided to cough up the said 3rd round Donahoe wants. But Donahoe instead asked Del Rio to top it with a conditional 2nd round.

If you are Floyd Reese, why do you still do business with Tom Donahoe?
            You have to be kidding right.

Supply and Demand. Reese could have coughed up a third 2 weeks ago and got Henry. He gambled by waiting and now the market has changed as other teams have an interest. Its a two way street.

Although I envision us getting 3rd from Tenn when its all said and done.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              • May 2004

I think, as I mentioned in another post...that a guy is always in danger of overplaying his own hand. But TD seems to be a better "poker" player than most guys in the league....so I will give him the benefit of the doubt here.

I might not use the same tactics...but my team might suck too.

Wouldn't it be cool to see TD on Celebrity Poker?
              "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
              --Leo Durocher

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Titans just upped their offer to a 3rd rounder (no strings attached). http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...553&type=story

Like others have said, this is a business and all GMs do this. You could turn this around and say why should TD do business with Floyd when he's been trying to lowball the offer for TH? Business is business and this is all part of the negotiating...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

The thing i don't get...he's going to be a back up to Brown or Taylor.....all he is, is an insurance back for these teams...sooooooo whats different about his situation in Buffalo?? Are we getting rid of him just bc he opened his mouth?

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Just look at what happened in 2003. Tom Donahoe had NO intention on keeping Peerless Price and he managed to get a 1st rounder from Atlanta for him. It's just his MO. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills get a 3rd rounder that goes up to a 2nd rounder for Henry. That's just the way he is. I'd never want to play poker with him.

Comment

Working...
                    X