Bills are keeping in touch with Verba's camp..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Bills are keeping in touch with Verba's camp..

• Punts: The phone isn't exactly ringing off the hook for free-agent offensive tackle Ross Verba, who forced his release by the Cleveland Browns a month ago, and is finding life in the open market to be something less than he expected. One hope, though, is the Buffalo Bills might have some interest. Buffalo officials touched base with Verba's representatives this week, inquiring about his status and his plans, thus keeping him on their radar screen.

Right tackles could be in the spotlight in 2005, with a larger number of teams projected to start rookies or players with little experience.

Kinda makes you wonder what ol Tommy Pokerface is up to, huh?

This article also has a nice piece about Terrance McGee...and other information (especially Denver's DE surplus) that just might affect the Bills at some point this offseason. Good read.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bills are keeping in touch with Verba's camp..

Maybe if no one else is interested, we can get him dirt cheap for one year. He's not the answer to our prayers and it would be short term, but at least we'd have something on JP's blind side while he learns the game and gains confidence.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jayhawk
      • Aug 2004

give him a one year contract, he'll come in and play out of his mind.
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• oldno711
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jayhawk
        I agree....with Verba and your Top 5 Hotties. I would love to be lost on an island with Lily (or any of the other 4)

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

By the way, can one of the Verba haters please tell me why they perceive Verba as a "cancer" or "bad seed" and what evidence do you have that Verba is on the downside of his career?
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I hope to god we get him If we can get him....I dont see any weakness on our team....besides maybe DE, If we can bring him in, we definatley should.....this along with a henry trade for a 2nd or 3rd rounder...we make for a very successful offseason.....I would like to see a clements extension come TC...

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
              I hope to god we get him If we can get him....I dont see any weakness on our team....besides maybe DE, If we can bring him in, we definatley should.....this along with a henry trade for a 2nd or 3rd rounder...we make for a very successful offseason.....I would like to see a clements extension come TC...
              If you really want to see a extension for Clements, rule out anymore substanstial additions this offseason, and that includes Verba. Right now, I'd rather go with the extension.
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Big M
                • Jan 2004

Verba was brutal against the Bills last year. Tries hard but has limit movement. Can't get out of his stance as speed rushers blow by him. I hope McNally sees something in the film if they are serious about offering this overrated OT a contract. Don't offer him much.

I agree with the above poster who states we should throw the $$ at Clements and forget about a fringe player who may be no better than Gandy. Next Aprils' Draft supposedly has the largest number of quality OT's coming out in many years.

Losman rolls to the right, lessening the blindside issue. Hand the ball to #21 300 times and that issue is moot.

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jayhawk

I have been saying that all along. Let him come here and show the NFL what he is worth. We go after a LT in the draft next year. Win/Win for both of us.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

If the price is right, go for it. If it's for one year, it won't affect Clements
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

To be honest I'm not sure if he's an upgrade.
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

If we trade T.Henry, that should free up some cash to sign R.Verba to a one year deal. N.Clements can be franchised or resigned to a new deal after this season.

And, the pick that we get for T.Henry can be used, along with the Bills' own top two picks, to draft a LT and replacements for E.Moulds and N.Clements. This is supposed to be a deep draft for LTs, although two CBs who were projected as possible high picks in next year's draft have recently had problems (one legal, the other an injury) that will keep them out of the draft, making the CB group in next year's draft thinner.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Verba sees himself as a top tier tackle and turned down 2.9 million from Cleveland. How much can he expect now, this late in the off-season ? Most teams are tapped out in Cap space.

Rumors are one thing. Let's see how serious Donahoe is in aquiring him.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

We have enough guards on the team, let alone one that thinks he's a LT
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                              If you really want to see a extension for Clements, rule out anymore substanstial additions this offseason, and that includes Verba. Right now, I'd rather go with the extension.
                              Great post!

Comment

Working...
                              X