• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Our Hero!

Worst Failure to Read Tuesday Morning Quarterback

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

"Twice TMQ has run items about the Bills passing too much at the goal line -- especially regular drop-back passes, which rarely work in compressed goal-line space, as opposed to play-fakes -- and about Drew Bledsoe sprinting backward in goal-to-go situations.

Game scoreless in the first at Lambeau, Buffalo faced third-and-goal on the Packers' four; the Green Bay Achilles' heel is the league's 26th-rated rushing defense. Did the Bills pound the ball, and either get six or then settle for three and the all-important first points when playing on the road? Regular pass from a regular set; Bledsoe sprinted backward 7 yards before throwing off his back foot, interception. Trailing by a field goal in the third, Buffalo faced third-and-goal on the Packers' five. Did the Bills pound the ball, and either get six or then settle for the tie? Regular pass from a regular set; Bledsoe sprinted backward almost 10 yards before being sacked, the suddenly longer figgie into the wind missed. Ye gods."

Must've been the OL's fault...!

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

You took it out of context. TMQ was lighting up Gilbride for the playcalling.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

YEAH EE!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

And so what if Drew is my hero??

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I'm still looking for those Drew pajamas.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

The ones that have feet on them right??? ME TOO!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              You took it out of context. TMQ was lighting up Gilbride for the playcalling.
              But of course!

Naturally!

BTW, that was all there was too it, there wasn't anything around it for context...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                I'm Really 4 and Short
                • Sep 2002

I bought mine off WCF, he wasn't too willing to part with it though...

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Later in the TMQ:

Making smart play-calls under gametime pressure is among the NFL's underappreciated arts. Buffalo's Bledsoe-led offense has disappeared in the second half of the season, for instance, because Bills offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride keeps endlessly calling the same handful of actions -- mainly quick outs and deep fades -- from the same formations on the same down-and-distance situations. Defenses have learned to take away the Bills plays that were working in the first half of the year and are offering other opportunities, such as the deep post. But Gilbride has made no adjustments, endlessly calling the same things.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Gilbride's our hero too...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

the JILLS are my hero.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

SABURZFAN So does that mean you're voting for Trendichick in all the good categories in the poster awards?
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

So who is our Hero Bledsoe or Gilbride?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            SABURZFAN So does that mean you're voting for Trendichick in all the good categories in the poster awards?
                            if she's a JILL.....hell yeah!!!!!!
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Bledsoe has taken some bad sacks but you can't realistically imply that MOST of them were his fault. Some absolutely were but not most. A friend of mine blames him for everything. Even the last sack where the middle of the line collapsed before he even finished his drop and he rolls over to the right and Holliday absolutely crushes him before the receivers are even out of their brakes. I mean 2 of those sacks that day were definately his fault but 4 happened so fast it was ridiculous. The line does need some blame too. They've gotten better as the year went on but the pass protection at times was awful too. Bledsoe's not perfect back there but I think sometimes he's taken more crap than he deserved too. He's taken a beating back there. I know that to some he's done no wrong which is obsurd too but we have some big time pessimists on this board who can't find happiness even when they win.

Comment

Working...
                              X