PDA

View Full Version : Our Hero!

WG
12-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Worst Failure to Read Tuesday Morning Quarterback

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/tmq/021224.html

"Twice TMQ has run items about the Bills passing too much at the goal line -- especially regular drop-back passes, which rarely work in compressed goal-line space, as opposed to play-fakes -- and about Drew Bledsoe sprinting backward in goal-to-go situations.

Game scoreless in the first at Lambeau, Buffalo faced third-and-goal on the Packers' four; the Green Bay Achilles' heel is the league's 26th-rated rushing defense. Did the Bills pound the ball, and either get six or then settle for three and the all-important first points when playing on the road? Regular pass from a regular set; Bledsoe sprinted backward 7 yards before throwing off his back foot, interception. Trailing by a field goal in the third, Buffalo faced third-and-goal on the Packers' five. Did the Bills pound the ball, and either get six or then settle for the tie? Regular pass from a regular set; Bledsoe sprinted backward almost 10 yards before being sacked, the suddenly longer figgie into the wind missed. Ye gods."

Must've been the OL's fault...!

:rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 03:53 PM
You took it out of context. TMQ was lighting up Gilbride for the playcalling.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 03:53 PM
YEAH EE!!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 03:54 PM
And so what if Drew is my hero??

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm still looking for those Drew pajamas.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2002, 03:57 PM
The ones that have feet on them right??? ME TOO!!!

WG
12-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
You took it out of context. TMQ was lighting up Gilbride for the playcalling.

But of course!

Naturally!

:D

BTW, that was all there was too it, there wasn't anything around it for context...

4thAndLong
12-26-2002, 03:59 PM
I bought mine off WCF, he wasn't too willing to part with it though...

Earthquake Enyart
12-26-2002, 04:04 PM
Later in the TMQ:

Making smart play-calls under gametime pressure is among the NFL's underappreciated arts. Buffalo's Bledsoe-led offense has disappeared in the second half of the season, for instance, because Bills offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride keeps endlessly calling the same handful of actions -- mainly quick outs and deep fades -- from the same formations on the same down-and-distance situations. Defenses have learned to take away the Bills plays that were working in the first half of the year and are offering other opportunities, such as the deep post. But Gilbride has made no adjustments, endlessly calling the same things.

WG
12-26-2002, 06:06 PM
Gilbride's our hero too...

:love:

SABURZFAN
12-26-2002, 06:21 PM
the JILLS are my hero.:pant:

The_Philster
12-26-2002, 07:06 PM
:lol: SABURZFAN So does that mean you're voting for Trendichick in all the good categories in the poster awards? ;)

Typ0
12-26-2002, 09:06 PM
So who is our Hero Bledsoe or Gilbride?

SABURZFAN
12-27-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
:lol: SABURZFAN So does that mean you're voting for Trendichick in all the good categories in the poster awards? ;)

if she's a JILL.....hell yeah!!!!!!

TedMock
12-27-2002, 09:48 AM
Bledsoe has taken some bad sacks but you can't realistically imply that MOST of them were his fault. Some absolutely were but not most. A friend of mine blames him for everything. Even the last sack where the middle of the line collapsed before he even finished his drop and he rolls over to the right and Holliday absolutely crushes him before the receivers are even out of their brakes. I mean 2 of those sacks that day were definately his fault but 4 happened so fast it was ridiculous. The line does need some blame too. They've gotten better as the year went on but the pass protection at times was awful too. Bledsoe's not perfect back there but I think sometimes he's taken more crap than he deserved too. He's taken a beating back there. I know that to some he's done no wrong which is obsurd too but we have some big time pessimists on this board who can't find happiness even when they win.

Voltron
12-27-2002, 12:01 PM
Is your friends name Wys? :insane:

Anyway, I think it is crazy to blame everything on one guy. And don't come back with the old Rob Johnson thing because I supported him until the bitter end. I didn't think he was a good QB but I did support him. I think the one who should take most of the blame is Kevin Gillbride. He lacks imagination it seems. Doesn't he understand that every D watches film of the Bills and learns to recognize the plays they run? It is even easier when you run the same plays all year long. I blame that on much of the sputtering of the offense than Drew. On the other hand Drew does try to force plays that he has no business of even attempting. He needs to learn to throw the ball away and not to try to make a huge play every time he gets the ball.

:gobills: