PDA

View Full Version : Lindy Ruff can never coach in Buffalo again.

lordofgun
07-15-2005, 10:01 PM
That sentence should have been a part of the collective bargaining agreement. :::

SkateZilla
07-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Agreed.

David Deboudt
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Some argumentation would be appreciated I guess, cause that doesn't make sense to me. Lindy's one of the smartest mind in hockey, he's got an outstanding record in the playoffs (and don't tell me it's all due to Peca and Hasek) and gave a true gritty style to this team.

Whether you do or don't like that style, that's a point, but to say he doesn't deserve to be behind the bench, then explain! If you look at his roster the past four years, I think he did a good job, and I'll be glad to have him as our coach for years to come. Isn't he the second longest tenured coach in the NHL? Doesn't it mean something for you?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Some argumentation would be appreciated I guess, cause that doesn't make sense to me. Lindy's one of the smartest mind in hockey, he's got an outstanding record in the playoffs (and don't tell me it's all due to Peca and Hasek) and gave a true gritty style to this team.

Whether you do or don't like that style, that's a point, but to say he doesn't deserve to be behind the bench, then explain! If you look at his roster the past four years, I think he did a good job, and I'll be glad to have him as our coach for years to come. Isn't he the second longest tenured coach in the NHL? Doesn't it mean something for you?
:goodpost: Right on!!! :bf1: new coach Lindy Ruff , and of course, Hasek. Miroslav Satan, who had been acquired late the previous season from Edmonton, became the team’s top offensive threat. Zhitnik further established himself as a top-flight NHL defender. Hasek took home his second straight MVP award as he and Ruff led the Sabres to the third round of the playoffs. The next season, Hasek and Ruff took their team of largely no-name skaters right to the Stanley Cup final, a magical run that ended bitterly on a controversial goal by Dallas winger Brett Hull, who’s foot was, according to NHL rules at the time, illegally in the crease when he scored the overtime winner in game six.

Unfortunately for the Sabres, they would not attain that level of success again. Hasek spent more than half the next season on the sidelines with a groin injury. Although backup Martin Biron performed admirably, and although Hasek returned late in the season, the Sabres were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Hasek would win the Vezina trophy again the next season, but despite a nicely balanced offence to support their star goalie, the Sabres lost in the second round to Pittsburgh. That off-season, the Sabres cleaned house. Peca, who had sat out the entire 2000-01 season in a contract dispute, was dealt to the Islanders for two younger players. Veterans Doug Gilmour, Steve Heinze, Donald Audette and Dave Andreychuk, the latter two of which were on their second tour as Sabres, were allowed to leave as free agents. And in the summer’s biggest move, Hasek was moved to Detroit, where he would win the Stanley Cup which had so eluded him to that point in his career the very next season.
http://www.mopsquad.com/hockey/teams/sabres/history.htm

2003-04 final standings
GP W L T OTL PTS
8 NY Islanders 82 38 29 11 4 91
Buffalo 82 37 34 7 4 85
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings?season=2004&group=conference&column=playoffs&order=false&seasontype=2

SABRES we're only 6 pts. out of 8th place Lindy had to be doing something right!!!

Give Lindy a chance to coach in this new NHL before you want to fire him!
This salary cap and revenue sharing will help us get the players that we need we will be a better team this upcoming season.

Philagape
07-16-2005, 06:41 AM
I want to see how they do in the new NHL before I judge. It's a different world now.

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Bump!

Philagape
10-21-2006, 10:41 PM
I want to see how they do in the new NHL before I judge. It's a different world now.

:bravo:

JD
10-22-2006, 10:45 PM
:bravo:
:throwrock:

JD
10-22-2006, 10:49 PM
:throwrock:
:censored:

Dr. Lecter
10-22-2006, 11:08 PM
:lolpoint: JD

Meathead
10-23-2006, 04:52 AM
:lolpoint: :log: :lolpoint: :log: :lolpoint: :log:

SabreEleven
10-23-2006, 09:21 AM
That sentence should have been a part of the collective bargaining agreement. :::

good call on this one, Log.