PDA

View Full Version : Someone educated on the sabres tell me...

Canadian'eh!
07-16-2005, 12:41 AM
What the hell did Ted Nolan do that was so horrible to John Muckler that he cann't get a job coaching ANYWHERE? the guy is a good coach... I don't get it.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2005, 02:23 AM
What the hell did Ted Nolan do that was so horrible to John Muckler that he cann't get a job coaching ANYWHERE? the guy is a good coach... I don't get it.

Ted Nolan is coaching again read this http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2005/04/228544.html

Canadian'eh!
07-16-2005, 06:23 AM
OK my bad...

so it took about 8-9 years to get a job coaching JUNIORS....

still pretty harsh. What did he do?

Ebenezer
07-16-2005, 09:27 AM
OK my bad...

He tried to get John Muckler fired. That's got him blackballed from the NHL.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2005, 12:58 PM
He tried to get John Muckler fired. That's got him blackballed from the NHL.

Questions were raised about the relationship between Hasek and coach Nolan, as well as that between Nolan and Muckler. In May, Muckler was fired as GM amidst reports that his relationship with Nolan was so fractured that the two men could no longer work together. After receiving the coach of the year award in June, Nolan was offered a one-year contract by the team’s new management. After he refused to sign, desiring a long-term deal, he was released. Nolan has not worked in the NHL since.

http://www.mopsquad.com/hockey/teams/sabres/history.htm

Thank god for a search engine www.google.com huh! :lol:

Novacane
07-16-2005, 09:40 PM
OK my bad...

He could have had a coaching job a long time ago. He just turned them down because he felt he should have a NHL head job. I agree with him but he should have just taken a coaching job a long time ago, If he kept winning some NHL team prolly would have eventually hired him

Ebenezer
07-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Questions were raised about the relationship between Hasek and coach Nolan, as well as that between Nolan and Muckler. In May, Muckler was fired as GM amidst reports that his relationship with Nolan was so fractured that the two men could no longer work together. After receiving the coach of the year award in June, Nolan was offered a one-year contract by the team’s new management. After he refused to sign, desiring a long-term deal, he was released. Nolan has not worked in the NHL since.

http://www.mopsquad.com/hockey/teams/sabres/history.htm
there was no way Nolan was going to take that 1-year slap in the face deal and Regier knew it.

Dr. Lecter
07-18-2005, 11:26 AM
He could have had a coaching job a long time ago. He just turned them down because he felt he should have a NHL head job. I agree with him but he should have just taken a coaching job a long time ago, If he kept winning some NHL team prolly would have eventually hired him
Correct. As much as the Muckler stuff hurt him, his unwillingness to be an assistant hurt more.

Canadian'eh!
07-18-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't blame him. The Guy was the NHL coach of the year and no team was willing to defy Muckler to get him? Meanwhile, morons like TONY GRANATO and Dave Lewis are given jobs???

BUT.... I think he should have caved in and taken a Jr. job after a year or 2. If he had, he prolly would be coaching an NHL team right now.

SabreEleven
07-18-2005, 06:02 PM
OK my bad...

Failed to deliver a reach around.

Earthquake Enyart
07-19-2005, 06:30 AM
Let's see....Alienating the best player and trying to get the boss fired.... Gee, I don't know why no one else has given the guy a chance.

The_Philster
07-19-2005, 03:19 PM
Let's see....Alienating the best player and trying to get the boss fired.... Gee, I don't know why no one else has given the guy a chance.I still remember how Matt Barnaby was gonna run Hasek in practice for helping run Nolan out of town