PDA

View Full Version : Bills and Titans agree on Deal for Henry!

Nighthawk
07-16-2005, 12:09 PM
The Bills and Titans have agreed on a deal to send Henry to the Titans for a 3rd rounder pending a physical. Just saw it on the ticker while watching ESPN News.

Nighthawk
07-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Here's a link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2109498

TypicalBill
07-16-2005, 12:12 PM
dang i was just about to post this! :mad:

Night Train
07-16-2005, 12:18 PM
The Jags may be battling the Bills for that final Wild Card slot, so this makes sense. The Titans 3rd will be much higher than the Jags 3rd.

Remember when John Clayton was telling everyone around draft day that the Bills should have taken a 5th for him or they'll never get anything ? Then went on to rip TD ?

Claytons credibility is what....zero ?

Nighthawk
07-16-2005, 12:21 PM
The Jags may be battling the Bills for that final Wild Card slot, so this makes sense. The Titans 3rd will be much higher than the Jags 3rd.

Remember when John Clayton was telling everyone around draft day that the Bills should have taken a 5th for him or they'll never get anything ? Then went on to rip TD ?

Good point. :bf1:

Michael82
07-16-2005, 12:21 PM
It's on our front page. :up:

Michael82
07-16-2005, 12:22 PM

:lmao:

Good post! Everyone is eating a lot of crow right now. :snicker:

Iehoshua
07-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Sweet news! Happy trails, Trav!

TypicalBill
07-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Im glad its the Titans. looks like the jags DID offer a 3rd but were too late, maybe next time they'll just give TD what he's asking for and not drag the process :snicker:

John Clayton? :geek:

Good luck to Travis, we need all the draft picks we can get next year, 06 and 07 will be big contract years, we need replacements.

Michael82
07-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Im glad its the Titans. looks like the jags DID offer a 3rd but were too late, maybe next time they'll just give TD what he's asking for and not drag the process :snicker:

John Clayton? :geek:

Good luck to Travis, we need all the draft picks we can get next year, 06 and 07 will be big contract years, we need replacements.
Well, plus a 3rd round from Tennesee looks better than a 3rd rounder from Jacksonville, because the Jags are contenders. I don't see the Titans as big contenders.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Donahoe is a genius he waited and waited until he got what he was looking for he's so patient. We want him to make trades or sign some FA's but the guy knows what he's doing way to go TD :bf1: :dance2:
Anybody still want to fire him :lol:

Night Train
07-16-2005, 12:33 PM

Good post! Everyone is eating a lot of crow right now. :snicker:
I just find it humorous when the Media plays GM and pretend they understand a players true value and rush to judgement,which usually blows up in their face.

Donahoe patiently waited and got his price. Time WAS on his side. Plus next years draft is twice as strong as the one this past April. Donahoe knows this pick is as good as a mid 2nd from the 2005 draft.

clumping platelets
07-16-2005, 12:39 PM
That's $1 million in cap space :D

ublinkwescore
07-16-2005, 12:45 PM
any money to be saved by cutting Josh Reed?

or maybe trading him?

Michael82
07-16-2005, 12:45 PM
That's $1 million in cap space :D
Plus the money they freed up from Mike Williams? Hmm, wonder what TD has in mind. Maybe he'll get Clements extended.... :pray:

clumping platelets
07-16-2005, 12:48 PM

or maybe trading him?

Not much.....barely $100,000

Meathead
07-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Josh Reed is going to be the Bills surprise player of the season. He's going to be a dangerous weapon as both a runner and reciever in Mularkey's unconventional offense.

Trust me.

ublinkwescore
07-16-2005, 12:56 PM
screw it - let's get rid of his deadbeat @$$ and get Clements/McGahee extended.

No one's gonna miss him - Roscoe should make sure of that - and I really don't see that much of a drop off from Reed to Aiken if any.

ublinkwescore
07-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Josh Reed is going to be the Bills surprise player of the season. He's going to be a dangerous weapon as both a runner and reciever in Mularkey's unconventional offense.

Trust me.

You mean Parrish right.

Sportsuser101
07-16-2005, 01:00 PM

or maybe trading him?
Reed is going to have a good year this year.

Nice trade by TD. Would have much rather taken a 3rd round pick in a strong draft (06) then the weakest draft in quite a few years (05).

paladin warrior
07-16-2005, 01:06 PM
ooooooyyaaaaaayyyyy It about time Henry is gone.:jig: And Henry is a such cry baby :nuk:

Yasgur's Farm
07-16-2005, 01:11 PM
http://www.kffl.com/images/hot_sign.jpgTitans | To Land Henry
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:35:14 -0700

ESPN.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/9)'s Len Pasquarelli (http://www.kffl.com/link/17) reports the Tennessee Titans (http://www.kffl.com/team/36/nfl) have reached agreement in principle on a trade to acquire Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) RB Travis Henry (http://www.kffl.com/player/209/nfl) and, barring unexpected complications, the deal will be announced early next week. Buffalo will receive a third-round choice in the 2006 draft. The paperwork for the trade, which is not contingent upon the Titans (http://www.kffl.com/team/36/nfl) reaching a contract extension agreement with Henry, has already been forwarded to the league offices. "From what we've been told, Travis is headed to Tennessee," agent Hadley Engelhard said Saturday morning, July 16. "I don't know if Floyd (Reese, Titans (http://www.kffl.com/team/36/nfl) general manager) will try to do an extension or not. We'll have to wait and see about that." The trade is also contingent on Henry passing a physical.

Michael82
07-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Reed is going to have a good year this year.

Nice trade by TD. Would have much rather taken a 3rd round pick in a strong draft (06) then the weakest draft in quite a few years (05).
Good point! Next year's draft is much better. Heck, take a look at who the Bills could have gotten with their 3rd rounder.... :boring:

4 68 Tennessee Roby, Courtney WR 6-0 189 Indiana
5 69 Oakland Walter, Andrew QB 6-5 234 Arizona State
6 70 Miami (from Chicago) Crowder, Channing ILB 6-2 247 Florida
7 71 Tampa Bay Smith, Alex TE 6-4 258 Stanford
8 72 Detroit Wilson, Stanley CB 5-11 189 Stanford
9 73 Houston (from Dallas) Morency, Vernand RB 5-9 212 Oklahoma State
10 74 N.Y. Giants Tuck, Justin DE 6-5 256 Notre Dame
11 75 Arizona Green, Eric CB 5-11 197 Virginia Tech
12 76 Denver (from Washington) Paymah, Karl CB 6-0 204 Washington State
13 77 Philadelphia (from Kansas City) Moats, Ryan RB 5-8 210 Louisiana Tech
14 78 Oakland (from Houston) Morrison, Kirk ILB 6-1 238 San Diego State
15 79 Carolina Mathis, Evan G 6-5 304 Alabama
16 80 Minnesota Fox, Dustin CB 5-11 190 Ohio State
17 81 St. Louis Incognito, Richie C 6-3 305 Nebraska
18 82 New Orleans Fincher, Alfred ILB 6-1 241 Connecticut
19 83 Cincinnati Henry, Chris WR 6-4 197 West Virginia
20 84 New England (from Baltimore) Hobbs, Ellis CB 5-9 188 Iowa State
21 85 Seattle Greene, David QB 6-3 231 Georgia

Mr. Miyagi
07-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't tell you how happy/excited/relieved I am about this thing finally getting done. :whew:

Now let's move on with life and focus on training camp. :up:

STAMPY
07-16-2005, 02:02 PM
ooooooyyaaaaaayyyyy It about time Henry is gone.:jig: And Henry is a such cry baby :nuk:

aaaaah shut the hell up

good luck travis, i hope you do well. You had 3 great seasons in buffalo

Bling
07-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Looks like the Titans got a steal. Henry's a top 10 back.

TypicalBill
07-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Looks like the Titans got a steal. Henry's a top 10 back.
:rofl:

DraftBoy
07-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Good Ridance!

BillsOwnAll
07-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Looks like the Titans got a steal. Henry's a top 10 back.nah. to me henry was never capable of the big breakouts. you never see him gettin 20+ yard runs ever. McGahee and other star backs have that potetioal to break out and find the holes. Henrys a good back noone the less but top 10...its close.

STAMPY
07-16-2005, 02:18 PM

i could easily see travis rushing for 1200 if he is starter. Top 10, i doubt.

STAMPY
07-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Good Ridance!

Oh shut up, be greatful for the time he was here. a couple years he was our only positive on Offense

Bling
07-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Is it really that funny? Take off your glasses, and look.

the top 10 RB's rushed for 1200 yards, which is one of the best RB classes in years. Henry's best year was over 1400 yards. Who says he can't put up some good numbers? He's still young, and definitely can give them 1000 yards. Who says he can't be a top 10 RB? He's at least top 15.

Bling
07-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Oh shut up, be greatful for the time he was here. a couple years he was our only positive on Offense
How fast they forget how good he was for you guys. It's like those idiot Iggle fans that think they can trade TO, and still make the Super Bowl.

Michael82
07-16-2005, 02:34 PM
:::

capitolneal
07-16-2005, 02:52 PM
I am kinda of sad to see him go, he was a classy guy never heard a peep during the season about losing his starting job, consumate Team player he is a warrior plays hurt fumbles he had were from extra effort to gain the xtra yd or two... Tennesee one on this trade they did get a TOP 10 back he is that good, and what a compliment for brown I hope nothing but the best for TH and hope he has a long and successful carreer..... We need more of is type

DraftBoy
07-16-2005, 03:42 PM
He was good when here but am I gonna shed one tear that a disruptive player is leaving my fav team? Hell no. He's a top 20 RB prolly top 15 and no better. He threatened to sit out of TC. Cried when we drafted McGahee, cried when he lost his job. I see no reason to feel at all bad that he's now leaving. To Travis Henry thanks for the good years now dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. Peace!

Michael82
07-16-2005, 03:49 PM
He was good when here but am I gonna shed one tear that a disruptive player is leaving my fav team? Hell no. He's a top 20 RB prolly top 15 and no better. He threatened to sit out of TC. Cried when we drafted McGahee, cried when he lost his job. I see no reason to feel at all bad that he's now leaving. To Travis Henry thanks for the good years now dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. Peace!
Great post! I agree completely! :bf1:

Night Train
07-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Between the tackle type RB's do not have a long shelf life in the NFL. Yes, he WAS good up until the end of 2003 and may have some tread left.

Yet he was a large reason for the 0-4 start last season, when he couldn't even get back to the line of scrimmage without tripping over his own feet. Couldn't block AT ALL, suspect hands on swing passes and wouldn't play Special Teams as a backup. He was most effective when Gilbride was here running a spread offense with multiple WR's . He picked up a lot of yards on delays and draws. Doesn't fit this Offense at all and has taken a high number of direct shots.

Heck, we may have to replace #21 in a year or two. That's life in the cap age. With 4 day one picks in next years draft, one will be a RB regardless of McGahee's status.

paladin warrior
07-16-2005, 04:40 PM
aaaaah shut the hell up

good luck travis, i hope you do well. You had 3 great seasons in buffalo aaaaah drop dead :monkeyp: ugly face. yahoooo henry is gone. aaaahhh u shut the hell up tooo:nana:

ShadowHawk7
07-16-2005, 04:47 PM
You mean Parrish right.
You mean my grandmother right? This guy is gonna be hard pressed to get the #4 spot..
The Titans third rounder will be in the first 10 picks of the third round next year, guarenteed.

ShadowHawk7
07-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah. :mad: We should bring back some posts at the end of 2003 about Henry. He was our MVP that year.

Jan Reimers
07-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah. :mad: We should bring back some posts at the end of 2003 about Henry. He was our MVP that year.
Henry was a warrior and a very good back for us. That said, it was time for him to go. A high 3rd and a Million in cap savings isn't a horrible deal, but I think many of us were looking for a conditional second.

Gee, other than the LT situation and how will we ever replace Fat Pat, what are we going to talk about for the next two weeks?

Ickybaluky
07-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I think it is a good deal for both teams. Henry wasn't going to fit into the Bills long-term plans as long as McGahee is around, and he was going to be lost for nothing after this season. A 3rd round pick is pretty good value, as RB don't generally draw the kind of good compensation that QB's do. Henry is a good player, but he wasn't without flaws. He was a hard-runner with good run skills, but he isn't as good a fit for the power running offense the Bills established last year (which generally requires a bigger back, like in Pittsburgh).

I think he is a good fit for the Titans as well. Henry isn't a true power back, but he is a guy who runs with a lot of power in spread sets, like those Norm Chow is implementing in Tennessee. Henry always gained a ton of his yards in multi-WR sets, and he will be at his best in the kind of offense the Titans are running.

Nublar7
07-16-2005, 06:04 PM
A third for Henry?

:lolpoint: Bills

Bling
07-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Wow. Talk about homer. You know what, I think Miami should draft a guy with a broken leg 1st pick next year to PO Ronnie Brown simply because he has "potential". It was a stab, and I'm surprised Travis didn't do anything worse about it.

Turf
07-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Between the tackle type RB's do not have a long shelf life in the NFL. Yes, he WAS good up until the end of 2003 and may have some tread left.

Yet he was a large reason for the 0-4 start last season, when he couldn't even get back to the line of scrimmage without tripping over his own feet. Couldn't block AT ALL, suspect hands on swing passes and wouldn't play Special Teams as a backup. He was most effective when Gilbride was here running a spread offense with multiple WR's . He picked up a lot of yards on delays and draws. Doesn't fit this Offense at all and has taken a high number of direct shots.

Heck, we may have to replace #21 in a year or two. That's life in the cap age. With 4 day one picks in next years draft, one will be a RB regardless of McGahee's status.

Couldn't agree more, especially with the tripping over the feet thing and the clutch mistakes he made so often.
Travis has issues.

Captain Obvious
07-16-2005, 06:19 PM
A third for Henry?

Right now the Miami Dolphins wouldn't be able to get two cans of coke for Ricky Williams should they decide they want to trade him.

Nublar7
07-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Right now the Miami Dolphins wouldn't be able to get two cans of coke for Ricky Williams should they decide they want to trade him.This isn't about Ricky, this is about the Bills caving for a third round pick.

Philagape
07-16-2005, 06:55 PM
A third for Henry?

A third for Lamar Gordon? :roflmao:

Philagape
07-16-2005, 06:57 PM
In a market in which Edgerrin James or Shaun Alexander couldn't even fetch a second, a high third for Henry is fair.

Nublar7
07-16-2005, 06:59 PM
In a market in which Edgerrin James or Shaun Alexander couldn't even fetch a second, a high third for Henry is fair.That a boy. Keep it positive. :funny:

ShadowHawk7
07-16-2005, 07:02 PM
A third for Henry?

A second for Gay-J Feely.

:lolpoint: Fins

I would of liked a cond. 2nd though..

Philagape
07-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Do you know anything? The Pats got Corey Dillon for a second-rounder, which turned out to be 56th overall. The pick we got for Henry will likely be less than 15 picks lower than that. Seriously, do you know anything about trade markets? The Dolphins obviously don't :snicker:

Bill Brasky
07-16-2005, 07:31 PM

Yeah, well many people on this very board agreed with him... so what does that say about a lot of posters here?

He's worth at least a second, but I have no problem getting Tenn's third, because it will be a high third and teams can find a lot of talent in the 3rd round. Plus Henry was a 3rd round pick himself...

AndreReed83
07-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Wow. Talk about homer. You know what, I think Miami should draft a guy with a broken leg 1st pick next year to PO Ronnie Brown simply because he has "potential". It was a stab, and I'm surprised Travis didn't do anything worse about it.

Henry was what? A 2nd or 3rd round pick himself? Who has and still does have injury problems. He might play through the injuries but they will take there toll on him. McGahee before his injury was a surefire top three pick. Besides an unlucky helmet to the knee, of which I think most players would have been hard pressed to not suffer some sort of injury, McGahee had been very durable. Picking another running back made perfect sense in my opinion. Get a guy who will be a stud in the league and trade the current guy who is outperforming his draft spot while he still has high value. Don't get me wrong, I like Henry, but I never felt like he was the long term answer an RB and honestly, he wasn't. Some can say he got stabbed in the back, but TD was just trying to make the team better. As a fan of the BUFFALO BILLS, I like that.

Night Train
07-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah, well many people on this very board agreed with him... so what does that say about a lot of posters here?

He's worth at least a second, but I have no problem getting Tenn's third, because it will be a high third and teams can find a lot of talent in the 3rd round. Plus Henry was a 3rd round pick himself...
Henry was a late 2nd Round pick in 2001, the 58th player selected. A high 3rd round pick for him seems very fair, considering starters E.James of Indy and S. Alexander of Seattle could have been aquired for a 2nd rounder this spring and no one bit.

Other posters ? That's the point. We're posters, not GM's in waiting.

Bill Brasky
07-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Other posters ? That's the point. We're posters, not GM's in waiting. the same posters who enjoy trying to play GM and bashing every move he's made.... like the Parrish pick. Everybody jumped all over that decision, now all you see are posts directed at how good Parrish is... it's ridiculous how quickly the opinions on this board change.

the same posters who were quick to bash TD for not pulling the trigger on the Henry trade back in FEB/MAR/APR now are saying he did a great thing by not pulling the trigger in the offseason and waiting it up. typical stupidity, IMO.

If Losman fails (knock on wood), which I don't think he will, the same people calling for Bledsoe's head will be the first to call for Holcomb. Wait and see.

back to the TH trade as I lost my original train of thought...

TH was always one of my favorites. He played hurt for us and was the only consistant part of an offense that sucked for a couple bad stretches under Bledsoe. I stuck by his side when people were calling for McGahee, and McGahee turned out to be a better fit in our improving offense.

If I was in TH's shoes I would have reacted the same way. He was a good player for us and didn't deserve to be ran off the roster, but McGahee proved himself just as worthy of a starting spot. I hope he does well for the Titans. I think it's a big mistake not having a reliable backup for WM, esp. if he re-injures his knee. But if I was TH, I wouldn't want to be here either. Any starter that loses their job during an injury has a right to want to leave the team.

Any person, in any other job under the same situation would react the same way. Some people here really bashed TH, but if they were in the same position at their job they would have reacted the same way.

Bling
07-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Henry was what? A 2nd or 3rd round pick himself? Who has and still does have injury problems. He might play through the injuries but they will take there toll on him. McGahee before his injury was a surefire top three pick. Besides an unlucky helmet to the knee, of which I think most players would have been hard pressed to not suffer some sort of injury, McGahee had been very durable. Picking another running back made perfect sense in my opinion. Get a guy who will be a stud in the league and trade the current guy who is outperforming his draft spot while he still has high value. Don't get me wrong, I like Henry, but I never felt like he was the long term answer an RB and honestly, he wasn't. Some can say he got stabbed in the back, but TD was just trying to make the team better. As a fan of the BUFFALO BILLS, I like that.
Do you actually believe the crap that's coming out of your mouth?

AndreReed83
07-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Instead of instantly calling my opinion "crap" Why don't you EXPLAIN why it is "crap" in the first place.

Philagape
07-16-2005, 08:18 PM
The only crap posts are those that are just stupid rhetoric and not supported by facts and intelligent reason.

Iehoshua
07-16-2005, 08:24 PM
A third for Henry?

Caving?

Terrell Owens was traded for a 2nd round pick. He's the best receiver in the league. I think we got a decent deal for T.Hen.

Teams nowadays just don't trade high draft picks like they're nothing anymore. Trades like Bledsoe for a #1( :puke: ) are becoming more and more rare. I wouldn't expect you to care since all you are here to do is antagonize and troll anyhow. Lowlife.

Bill Brasky
07-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Instead of instantly calling my opinion "crap" Why don't you EXPLAIN why it is "crap" in the first place.
I wouldn't say it's a crap opinion, but I'll offer a decent counterpoint.

You say TD was trying to make the team/unit better.

IMO, you don't make a team better by drafting a stud player at a spot that is already loaded on the roster. It aggrivates your proven starter, a guy who was well liked on the team, and it shows no loyalty whatsoever to anybody on the team. If Henry had been sucking it up when they drafted WM, then it would have made sense. At the time, however, he was one of the few that was actually doing something for the offense. Imagine the message it must have sent to the locker room.

"you might be doing good, but you're all expendable if there's "potential" on the draft board."

Coming off two consecutive 1300 yard seasons and being the only consistant part of a crap offense, I think any RB in the league would have been pissed with the WM pick.

I'm not saying I agree with this point entirely as WM obviously panned out better than we had hoped, just a counterpoint to consider.

I think we should at least wait til after this season to fully comprehend the magnitude of that trade. Does WM go nuts and hold out on us like TO? Does he stink it up? Does he continue to improve and be a team player?

Nobody knows what will happen.

I hope the latter happens, because if it doesn't, now that TH is gone, if WM holds out or tries to demand a trade we go from having 2 good RB's to having nothing. That scares me.

Nublar7
07-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Caving?

Terrell Owens was traded for a 2nd round pick. He's the best receiver in the league. I think we got a decent deal for T.Hen.

Teams nowadays just don't trade high draft picks like they're nothing anymore. Trades like Bledsoe for a #1( :puke: ) are becoming more and more rare. I wouldn't expect you to care since all you are here to do is antagonize and troll anyhow. Lowlife.So me saying you got robbed makes me a lowlife? What does that make Justy and Crisis who do the same thing at FinHeaven?

I am not trolling, I honestly feel you got the bad end of this trade. But I guess if my opinion doesn't praise the Bills it is worthless. This correct?

Iehoshua
07-16-2005, 08:27 PM
So me saying you got robbed makes me a lowlife? What does that make Justy and Crisis who do the same thing at FinHeaven?
You saying we were robbed is so uninformed and clearly ignorant that you must be a lowlife. Don't attempt to deflect the attention from your boneheaded comments.

Philagape
07-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Caving?

Teams nowadays just don't trade high draft picks like they're nothing anymore. Trades like Bledsoe for a #1( :puke: ) are becoming more and more rare. I wouldn't expect you to care since all you are here to do is antagonize and troll anyhow. Lowlife.

It's funny ... Fin fans' ideas of trade value are really skewed because their team has made such dumb trades.
-- A #3 (66th overall) for Lamar Gordon.
-- A #2 (35th overall) for Feeley.
-- O-Gun for Booker (and they got a third-rounder back! Yay! Even though it's lower)
I tell you, the level of trolling on this board is really disappointing lately.

Iehoshua
07-16-2005, 08:31 PM
-- O-Gun for Booker (and they got a third-rounder back! Yay! Even though it's lower)

Those are some of the worst trades ever. A #2 for Feeley? Talk about getting raped. Lamar Gordon for a 3rd rounder?

I guess desperation causes some mentally impaired moments.

Feeley for a #2? Good gawd!

Bill Brasky
07-16-2005, 08:37 PM
It's funny ... Fin fans' ideas of trade value are really skewed because their team has made such dumb trades.
I tell you, the level of trolling on this board is really disappointing lately. Don't you find it hilarious that the Bills got a 3rd for Henry, a proven starter, and the Eagles got a #2 out of Miami for Feeley, a guy who has had 3 or 4 good games his whole life? That Miami front office is genious! They really know how to scout talent.

Don't forget it's the same front office that traded 2 picks for sticky Ricky, who quit on them to smoke pot. Your team must really suck if getting high is more fun that being a dominant running back.

They also traded for David Boston, who turned out to be a massive difference maker... All three of those blockbuster deals happened in recent years, and they call us idiots. No wonder they're the basement team of the division.

Nublar7
07-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Don't you find it hilarious that the Bills got a 3rd for Henry, a proven starter, and the Eagles got a #2 out of Miami for Feeley, a guy who has had 3 or 4 good games his whole life? That Miami front office is genious! They really know how to scout talent.

Don't forget it's the same front office that traded 2 picks for sticky Ricky, who quit on them to smoke pot. You're team must really suck if getting high is more fun that being a dominant running back.

They also traded for David Boston... All three of those blockbuster deals happened in recent years, and they call us idiots. No wonder they're the basement team of the division.Where have you been this offseason? That front office is NOT the same anymore. All those boneheads are out looking for new jobs.

Bill Brasky
07-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Where have you been this offseason? That front office is NOT the same anymore. All those boneheads are out looking for new jobs.
Oh, so there are new idiots that decided to trade away Patrick Surtain further depleting the only good unit you have on your team... sign Keith Traylor who's 700 years old, and re-sign David Boston.

Wow, they're really seperating themselves from the "boneheads" of the past.

Good luck winning with one of the worst QB's in the league, a rookie running back playing behind a horrible OLine, even worse than ours, a wife-beating TE, and an aging receiver who can barely make the squad.

I feel bad for Chris Chambers, they should trade him to a team that wants to win.

dannyek71
07-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Donahoe is a genius he waited and waited until he got what he was looking for he's so patient. We want him to make trades or sign some FA's but the guy knows what he's doing way to go TD :bf1: :dance2:

Lets see him at least get us to the playoffs. Until then, hes dont zilch

The Spaz
07-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Bills: Henry's sister says he's been dealt to Tennessee
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Sunday, July 17, 2005

News
While there has been no official announcement from either the Bills or Titans, several reports indicate that running back Travis Henry has been traded to Tennessee for a third-round pick in the 2006 draft. "Yeah, it's happened," Henry's sister told The Tennessean. "His agent gave him a phone call and said as of now, he's a Titan." Henry's agent said he had heard the deal was happening, though not from an official with either team. ESPN's Len Pasquarelli said the paperwork for the trade has been forwarded to the NFL offices, and the deal should be announced within the next couple of days.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-billshenryssistersay&prov=fanball&type=lgns

Philagape
07-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh, so there are new idiots that decided to trade away Patrick Surtain further depleting the only good unit you have on your team... sign Keith Traylor who's 700 years old, and re-sign David Boston.

Wow, they're really seperating themselves from the "boneheads" of the past.

Not to mention even considering taking back Ricky, who quit on his team. That gutless turd has no business anywhere near an NFL team

BuffaloRanger
07-16-2005, 11:15 PM
I am not a big TD fan. I don't think he is a genius. What does a 3rd round pick in 2006 and a 2nd round pick in 2006 have in common? Right. Both won't help the Bills this year.

I was hoping TD could have pulled this trade off sooner then selected Wright in the Supp Draft. Then at least he would have got some value this year. But it's OK. If the Bills fail to make the playoffs for a 5th season in a row, heads should roll and the next GM will appreciate the extra 3rd.

TH had some great games for the Bills. I wish him luck in Tenn.

WM will holdout after this season.

Iehoshua
07-16-2005, 11:29 PM
WM will holdout after this season.
Considering his slimeball agent, I can't argue with that.

Hemlepp53
07-16-2005, 11:53 PM

:bf1: Well Said. :bf1: Hello Everyone!!! Seasons Starting Soon. I Can Smell It.

John from Hemet
07-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Is it really that funny? Take off your glasses, and look.

the top 10 RB's rushed for 1200 yards, which is one of the best RB classes in years. Henry's best year was over 1400 yards. Who says he can't put up some good numbers? He's still young, and definitely can give them 1000 yards. Who says he can't be a top 10 RB? He's at least top 15.

I dont post here much....but I would like to answer that one. A couple of points:

- Running backs dont just run the ball to do their job....they also blitz pick up and catch passes.....Travis Henry is not a very good outlet receiver....he doesn't set up his blockers well....he doesn't have natural hands....since he is so short he doesn't work well with screens unless the ball is right to him. One of the big reasons why he got benched for Willis is because Magehee can actually pick up a blitzer and is athletic enough to be a natural receiver....Magehee knows how to be patient and set up his blocks when he catches a short pass.......

- Travis Henry's style of running is going to give him a short shelf life in the NFL.....he is a straight ahead break the tackle little to no elusiveness runner who runs with heart......but his vision isn't great....once again the reason why Willis is here and Henry is gone is because WM has GREAT vision....knows how to use his blockers and gets what he can

- Travis Henry does not have breakaway speed.....for a starting RB he simply is more quick then fast.....Willis is a freight train with afterburners.....

- One last thing....Travis Henry just does not seem to thrive on competition....if he is not THE guy...he gets lazy...simple as that.....

A 3rd was excellent compensation......hopefully the titans will have a horrible year......

Bert102176
07-17-2005, 12:27 AM
yep he goes from Willis's back up to Brown's back up, lol till Brown gets hurt

Bert102176
07-17-2005, 12:32 AM
but I do wish him luck cause I liked him as our RB and justt wished that him and Willis could have co-existed but his me attitude got in the way, which stinks