I'm just wondering something about Henry....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

I'm just wondering something about Henry....

Why are we trading him to be a backup in Tennessee or Jacksonville when he could do the same thing here. Willis McGahee has the same chance to go down for an extended period of time that Chris Brown does IMO. This really proves that there was bad blood between Henry and McGahee or Henry and other players. That's the only thing that makes sense. Why would he want to be a backup somewhere else when he can do that here?

Are we just trading Henry for the sake of trading him? To get rid of him and get something for him instead of just losing him at the end of the season?

What do you guys think?
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: I'm just wondering something about Henry....

Originally posted by Mikey82
    Are we just trading Henry for the sake of trading him? To get rid of him and get something for him instead of just losing him at the end of the season?
    For that reason plus he's disgruntled and they don't him becoming a distraction.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
      For that reason plus he's disgruntled and they don't him becoming a distraction.
      But why would he have no problem being a backup somewhere else? I don't understand that.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Because TD attacked his pride by drafting McGahee and he knows he won't start over a healthy mcgahee - but in all likelihood, he'll win the starting job from Chris Brown.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

a contract extension
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
            • Jul 2002

All of the above. Travis, like anyone would, felt slighted when the Bills took Willis. When Travis played poorly, and Willis emerged, he knew that Willis was the golden boy here. I guarantee that Travis thinks he's better than Willis, and he should (only because all the players think they're great and the best and need that to excel). He probably thinks he can beat out Chris Brown and become TN's feature back, and that is a possibility. He probably thinks he can beat out Fred Taylor (due to injury) and become the Jags feature back. He probably doesn't think he can beat out Willis, because he thinks the Bills wouldn't allow that to happen. It isn't true, but I would bet anything that is what he is thinking. He just wants to go to a place where he can play. He thinks the Bills screwed him.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
              Because TD attacked his pride by drafting McGahee and he knows he won't start over a healthy mcgahee - but in all likelihood, he'll win the starting job from Chris Brown.
              I disagree. Chris Brown is the undisputed starter, unless he goes down with an injury.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                • Sep 2002

I say worst case scenario - running back by committee - best case scenario - Travis Henry will have the job in no time because Brown will be hurt.

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                  • Jul 2002

Chris Brown is very good player but he's not great in short yardage. Fisher took him out for Antawain Smith on numerous goal line and short yardage plays last year even when Brown was healthy (I know because I watched them and had Brown on my fantasy team and it pissed me off). I wouldn't doubt if Travis gets those plays this year, too. And I think he has a chance to replace Brown.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    • Sep 2002

Travis is a 1300+ yard back - why would you trade away a 3rd for a cheap back that's proven that kind of performance in more then one season and sit him on the bench - Travis is smaller and lower to the ground and therefore his momentum is concentrated better - much more ideal for moving the pile then an upright runner like Chris Brown - Travis Henry is the better back for more situations - while Chris Brown would make a nice contingency plan spelling Henry should Henry get hurt.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      • Sep 2002

either way - here's hoping to the Titans being this year's S.F. or Miami.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Since when was Travis any good in a short yardage situation?
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Turf
                          Since when was Travis any good in a short yardage situation?
                          Many times last year.....most memerable (did i spell that right?..anyways) was against the raiders when i think we had a first and goal inside the 5, and the combination of Bledsoe and Henry got us about 3 yards......as you know....we ended up losing that game...as we did the first 4 games when he struggled to get the ball in the end zone from close. Not that Henry is a bad back....he just isnt a short yardage back. Mcgahee has a nose for the endzone as he proved in college senior year setting the record.....and last year scoring 13 TDs in 11 games.....I dont think Henry is capable of being such a force that we will soon see Mcgahee to be....

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Henry depends on a good line to succeed. (As opposed to say, McGahee, who can improvise on the outside)
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Titan OC Norm Chow will try to run a spread offense, much like Gilbride did in Buffalo. That means many draws and delayed handoffs for Henry, which he did well in.

He wasn't going to prosper in this Bills offense. RB's must block, catch short passes, turn the corner on sweeps etc. Not Henrys' game at all. The contract situation is a moot point, from a coaching perspective.

He didn't fit the playbook.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X