PDA

View Full Version : Should the Sabres buy out any of thier players?

Novacane
07-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I say Mckee. I can't stand him after his stupid comments during the lockout

buffalofan19
07-16-2005, 10:28 PM
See, I hate this reasoning. The guy is the Sabres' Union rep. Of course he is going to back Goodenow. I couldn't care less what the guy says, if he keeps playing the tough physical game he always does, I'm good with him being on the roster.

Novacane
07-16-2005, 10:32 PM
then I'll add a second reason. They could get a similar player for less than the 2 mill he is slated to make

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Yes! Satan the guy doesn't show up every night :down: plus he's the highest paid player on the SABRES

BuffaloRanger
07-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Satan is the only real goal scorer the Sabres have. Unfortunately he doesn't play hard every night. Fans remember how bitter he was when Darcy and crew were jerking him around at the trade deadline.

The Sabres are too cheap to buy any player out. Only teams that spend money and don't constantly complain about losing money will do somthing like that. They aren' going to spend 3 mil buying a player out, then have to spend another 2 mil in an attempt to replace his production. That would be more than Satan or another player would have cost in the first place.

Satan would be a great supporting player to a true "go to guy". If the Sabres could go out and get on of those...

pyrrhonist
07-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Briere was the team's leading scorer, and also one of their hardest workers. It was a great thing to see one of my favorite players here on the West Coast (Since he was a Coyote) travel to Buffalo and lead the team in heart, effort, and performance the past season-&-a-half.

However.....

I wouldn't ship Satan out just yet. He's still got the offensive capability. I don't see a need for the Sabres to buy anyone out. The only players that are 100% not returning are Zhitnik (Since he's a UFA).

BuffaloRanger
07-17-2005, 08:48 PM
If Z isn't returning the Sabres need to find someone to replace his 30 minutes a game.

Dozerdog
07-17-2005, 08:56 PM
I say Mckee. I can't stand him after his stupid comments during the lockoutUnless he can be replaced with equal talent in free agency- then I'll keep him for now.

Let's see how the FA pool looks when the chopping begins

Ebenezer
07-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Unless he can be replaced with equal talent in free agency- then I'll keep him for now.

Let's see how the FA pool looks when the chopping begins

Questions were raised about the relationship between Hasek and coach Nolan, as well as that between Nolan and Muckler. In May, Muckler was fired as GM amidst reports that his relationship with Nolan was so fractured that the two men could no longer work together. After receiving the coach of the year award in June, Nolan was offered a one-year contract by the team’s new management. After he refused to sign, desiring a long-term deal, he was released. Nolan has not worked in the NHL since.

http://www.mopsquad.com/hockey/teams/sabres/history.htm

with some estimates being as high as 400 players there could be an amazing wealth of talent out there...