PDA

View Full Version : Avs might not have enough $ to keep Forsburg or Sakic

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-16-2005, 11:37 PM
I have a friend that lives in Colorado and he says that the AVS might not have enough :$: under the cap to keep Forsburg or Sakic. He also says that the SABRES need one big superstar a 50 goal scorer we haven't had a 50 goal scorer since Pat LaFontaine and Forsburg or Sakic are the ones the SABRES need to put us over the top. You can put them anywhere on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd line imagine this line Forsburg Drury and Brierre or Dumont Sakic and Vanek that is if he's on the team this yr. and he will be. Our payroll was what like $31 million before the lockout and the salary cap is $38 million so we could go out and get a 50 goal scorer and still be under the cap :const:

BuffaloRanger
07-17-2005, 02:12 AM
They won't let Sakic go. He is their club Icon.

They may let Forsberg go.

With the Sabres stating they want their team salary at around 29 mil (10 mil under the cap) don't expect to see any big scorers in sabres uniform. Management is happy fighting for the last playoff spot.

But I'm sure their "young players" with "lots of potential" that are just now coming into their "prime" will help the Sabres get to where they haven't been since Hasek left. The playoffs.

lordofgun
07-17-2005, 05:47 AM
We haven't had a 50-goal scorer because of one person: Lindy Ruff

Canadian'eh!
07-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Not happening.

Sakic will never leave that franchise now. He's far to valuable anyway.

Forsberg said recently that he is willing to play for whatever the Avs can afford to pay him. even if it's only a mill or something, he's gonna play for them.

But there will be PLENTY of great players available.

Markus Naslund (staying in europe maybe)
Iginla
Hossa
Kovalev
Havlat

these are just 5 guys i know are UFA right nowfrom a couple canadian teams.... not to mention cuts are going to be massive.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Not happening.

Sakic will never leave that franchise now. He's far to valuable anyway.

Forsberg said recently that he is willing to play for whatever the Avs can afford to pay him. even if it's only a mill or something, he's gonna play for them.

But there will be PLENTY of great players available.

Markus Naslund (staying in europe maybe)
Iginla
Hossa
Kovalev
Havlat

these are just 5 guys i know are UFA right nowfrom a couple canadian teams.... not to mention cuts are going to be massive.

Could Amonte be on that list I think he started with the SABRES and then we traded him for Hasek I think? why not try to get him back? Also defenceman I was thinking about that would be Scott Neidermayer from NJ or Pronger from the Blues or Keith Tkachuk but there's no way the Blues would give one or the other up right? Neidermayer and Pronger are guys that could help us on D if Patrick or Z doesn't return and they could help with our young defenceman. Satan probably won't be back so why not bring in Keith Tkachuck or Amonte to replace Satan Another guy I like is Marchant home town Buffalo boy played High School hockey at Williamsville South H.S. I think :goodpost: :feedback:

SkateZilla
07-17-2005, 03:40 PM
They won't let Sakic go. He is their club Icon.

They may let Forsberg go.

With the Sabres stating they want their team salary at around 29 mil (10 mil under the cap) don't expect to see any big scorers in sabres uniform. Management is happy fighting for the last playoff spot.

But I'm sure their "young players" with "lots of potential" that are just now coming into their "prime" will help the Sabres get to where they haven't been since Hasek left. The playoffs.

its about ratings,

what would you rather see.. a 4th place conference team piddly farting the last 5 games away or a #8 and 9 Place Team Battling Out ....

as per the avs.. they are already gonna lose Kariya and Seleane

pyrrhonist
07-17-2005, 04:20 PM
I can really see the Avs letting Gratton, Kariya, and Selanne go. The idea of them not retaining Forsberg seems to be making for good journalism, but I can't realistically see it happening. As far as Sakic goes, Hell no will they let him go. He's been one of their few ties (Along with Floppa, and Foote) to the history and soul of their franchise.

Someone had mentioned the Philthy Cryers. I believe they'll buy both Amonte & LeClair out. They can't afford to keep paying huge salaries to both of those guys, especially for the low output they both put up these days.

I think the teams we're going to be seeing doing the most buying out are:

Toronto
Philly
Dallas
Detroit

RetroRaiders81
07-17-2005, 06:32 PM
We should try to get Forsberg.

Canadian'eh!
07-17-2005, 06:53 PM
We should try to get Forsberg.
ya think?

BuffaloRanger
07-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Amonte was never a Sabre. Pronger and Neidemeyer are AllStar Dmen. Z and Patrick can't compare to them.

BuffaloRanger
07-17-2005, 08:44 PM
its about ratings,

what would you rather see.. a 4th place conference team piddly farting the last 5 games away or a #8 and 9 Place Team Battling Out ....

as per the avs.. they are already gonna lose Kariya and Seleane

Your kidding right? Sabres games might not even be on local TV. I'd take the 4th place team 10 times out of 10.

chubluv
07-17-2005, 09:08 PM

Why do you say that LOG?

Typ0
07-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Why do you say that LOG?

because he won't open up the offense. I am saddened by Ruff's still being here...not that I don't think he is a good coach but i don't think he's a good fit for this team. He just doesn't do well with the younger players in their developmental stages and he is too defensive minded to allow those same developmental players to become heavy goal scorers.

pyrrhonist
07-17-2005, 11:26 PM

The NHL has hardly had any 50-goal scorers because of 2 things: Clutching & grabbing. :down:

SkateZilla
07-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Lindy Ruff and Trent Yawny Have the Same Problem!

Watch, Chicago and Buffalo will have teh same issues, Good Young Goalies being Whooped On because their defnese falls apart and the Power Play ends up playing defense,,,

Bill Brasky
07-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Iginla would be a perfet fit here and I'm sure he'll be available, but he would cost too much. We won't get Sakic or Forsberg. Pipe dreams.

Plus I doubt the Front Office will spend the max salary cap of 38/39... they said they want payroll around 29 or 30, which means we won't get a high profile FA, eventhough I think it'd be great to put a high profile FA on the roster to help some of these young guys develop a bit faster.

SkateZilla
07-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Vanek, Crosby and Briere :)