PDA

View Full Version : No Bills on the NFL's long list of bad actors

The_Philster
07-17-2005, 08:17 AM
This is the kind of column written while knocking on wood, while crossing fingers, after peeking in the closet one more time to see if there are skeletons clanking around. Because here we are, a mere two weeks before the start of training camp, and the Buffalo Bills are cleaner than Mike Williams' dinner plate. All clear. Pristine.

What's fair is fair. If athletes are fed through the media wringer for wrongdoing, if illegal behaviors are regarded as typical of NFL players, then it's worth noting that the Bills have been the choir boys in another ignominious offseason. To this point, no Bill's essay on summer vacation will begin: First I was handcuffed, then I was fingerprinted . . .http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050717/2003159.asp

Jayhawk
07-17-2005, 08:20 AM
I get the feeling that TD looks at character more than most teams do. There's a point in scouting, that no matter how good the player is, that if he's a complete ***** you have to pass on him. And some teams don't do that. I'm not offended to be a Bills fan, there are so many good guys on this team.

The_Philster
07-17-2005, 08:26 AM
It's something that's been going on since Marv and Polian at least..Butler wasn't as much of a stickler for it...he was actually trying to bring in Lawrence Phillips when the 49ers got him instead

Jayhawk
07-17-2005, 08:29 AM
whoever stopped Butler from getting Phillips should be put in the hall of fame.

pleasesavedrew
07-17-2005, 04:09 PM
its nice that we've got good guys on our team,its also good that the one guy on our team that had a public problem with the law(travis henry) is gone, but alot of things players do is kept under the radar. i have heard from multiple resources bad things about current and former bills players, im not sure if any of them are true so i wnt say what i've heard. i live in op, and things spread here quick, especially when its not uncommon to see a bill in the mall or to have one live in your neiborhood(ive got 2 in my devolpment) all im sayin is that i dnt doubt that there are a few guys on our team who arent angels. its good that we look good for the rest of the league though.

ublinkwescore
07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
We had Dean Cain - he's a bad actor.

Fat Tony
07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
We had Dean Cain - he's a bad actor.
OJ simpson was the worst actor ever- and I'm not just counting football players.

Bert102176
07-18-2005, 02:43 AM
I don't know I liked O.J. in the naked gun movies :D: the things that happened to him in the movies were funny