X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

1600 yards?

It's difficult to compare Evans to other young receivers early in their careers, simply because it generally takes three years for receivers to get adjusted to the NFL. Most don't have success as early as Evans did.

But two other former first-round picks had similar stats to Evans (48-843-9) in their rookie seasons. The first caught 64 passes in his rookie campaign for 836 yards and 8 TD's, and followed it up with a slight improvement in his second season with 73 catches for 866 yards and 6 TD's.

The second receiver hauled in 52 catches in his rookie season for 788 yards and 6 scores, and exploded in his second year with 82 catches for 1,635 yards and 6 TD's.

And the names of those players? Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt. Guess those wouldn't be bad footsteps to follow.

can you imagine?

realistically, i think he and moulds both have about 1200.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Re: 1600 yards?

I'd be happy with multiple 1000 yd WR with an inexperienced QB, and a dominant run game with Illis at around 1400 rushing yds.

JPL could throw for 3500 yds if he gets his TE's involved and Parrish becomes a factor or J. Reed finally plays up to his potential.

3000 yds passing is more realistic with the QB position developing, but if WM can become another solid option on screen passes I could see JP passing for 3500.

The TE position, The slot reciever becoming a factor and Willis becoming a recieving option out of the backfield will be the keys to JP's season.. as well as his protection holding up on the unproven Left side of the line.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i agree.. 3000-3500 yards for JP depending on how many yards the TEs get.. if we are talking about a combined 300 yards for TEs, then he definately wont have 3500. parrish/reed/aiken will also play a large role. i am not so sure that they will see the field that much, but consensus is that we are going ot spread the field more now that we have a mobile qb.

i am actually really excited to see how the reed, parrish, aiken battle works.

i think mcgahee will net about 400 yards receiving.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

I didn't like the pick on draft day because I was hoping for Tommie Harris to replace Pat Williams. I wanted a 2nd round WR instead. Worked out though.

I'm thrilled now with the way he came on the 2nd half of last season. I'm not sure if he's big enough to be a #1 WR though. We'll have to wait and see.

He went for 29-469-7 the last 6 games of the season.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

evans is very compairable to harrison in size.. i dont see any problem with him being a number one. not all number ones are 6'3" - 215lbs.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
            evans is very compairable to harrison in size.. i dont see any problem with him being a number one. not all number ones are 6'3" - 215lbs.
            Harrison is 2 inches taller but Evans weighs 20 more pounds.

Comment

• colin
              Drew's my hero!
              • Jul 2002

if we have 3500+ yards passing this season we will be one of the top 3 teams in the NFL.

3000+ puts us in the top 5 or 10 i'd say.

this assumes our running gets overall better and our D and ST stays the same.

i figure with willis in for all training camp, and the line getting physically stronger coupled with JPs ability to run (with our deep threat WRs clearing everyone out i could see jp running 2-5 times a game, that could get us 300-600 yards on the year).

i expect 11+ wins

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Id say you may see Evans outpreform Moulds this season which wouldnt surprise me and it may begin to signify the end of Moulds career here.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Id say you may see Evans outpreform Moulds this season which wouldnt surprise me and it may begin to signify the end of Moulds career here.
                  If Moulds does happen to stay under his current deal, I think he counts like 10mm towards the cap next year. I think he will stay and restructure for 2 more years. You can tell in the way he talks that he does not want to play anywhere else. I think many of us are writing him off way to early. He had strong numbers last year and will have similar or better numbers this year. We finally have a 2nd receiver that will attract double coverage and open things up for him.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

We had that already in PP. The problem or worry I have with Moulds is that he is great one season and then regresses the next. This season of all we can not afford that. Im still though willing to bet on the trend and say Evans becomes Losman's goto guy by season's end. I also see Roscoe becoming a big part of the offense to help pitch in for Moulds possible regression. Its a shame Everett is hurt this season bc I thought he was gonna be a great weapon for Losman also. Euhus will be a decent filler for this season.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by colin
                      if we have 3500+ yards passing this season we will be one of the top 3 teams in the NFL.3000+ puts us in the top 5 or 10 i'd say.this assumes our running gets overall better and our D and ST stays the same.i figure with willis in for all training camp, and the line getting physically stronger coupled with JPs ability to run (with our deep threat WRs clearing everyone out i could see jp running 2-5 times a game, that could get us 300-600 yards on the year).i expect 11+ wins
                      3500+ passing yards could also be a result of Illis getting injured at some point and the offense having to rely on the arm of JPL.. this offense may be more successful if JP doesn't throw for much more than 3000 yds as that would keep the focus on the run game being productive

I doubt that Evans will have a more productive season than Moulds this year unless EM has a severe case of the dropsies or gets injured.. EM is more of a possession type reciever who fights off defenders and goes across the middle for medium range routes, Evans is a skinny post type reciever or a deep threat that will stretch the field for the underneith patterns.

This Offense will go to Moulds early in games to set up the deep strike to Evans to put up points, once you put up the points and have a lead you can control the Ball and clock with the shorter patterns to Moulds and Parrish while running the ball down the defenses throat with Illis.

Parrish may be key to the Offense in that he has the quickness to create separation on the intermediate routes and the world class speed to get deep and take the ball to the house.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
                        • May 2003

We had that already in PP. The problem or worry I have with Moulds is that he is great one season and then regresses the next. This season of all we can not afford that. Im still though willing to bet on the trend and say Evans becomes Losman's goto guy by season's end. I also see Roscoe becoming a big part of the offense to help pitch in for Moulds possible regression. Its a shame Everett is hurt this season bc I thought he was gonna be a great weapon for Losman also. Euhus will be a decent filler for this season.
                        That may be but what all of you seem to be forgetting is that Moulds is the reason Evans had such a great season. No knock on Evans but it is Moulds who drew the double coverage last year. I agree that Parrish is going to play a huge role in any success we hope to have this year, but I think Moulds is being written off far to early. I see him as the Bill's version of Rod Smith for at least a few more seasons.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                          Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                          • Mar 2004

Don't forget Shelton. I don't know how many yards he had, but he did make 17 catches with a QB in Bledsoe whom scouts say only complete 30% of short passes. A player like Shelton could be very important to Losman.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                          "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
                            Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            It's difficult to compare Evans to other young receivers early in their careers, simply because it generally takes three years for receivers to get adjusted to the NFL. Most don't have success as early as Evans did.

But two other former first-round picks had similar stats to Evans (48-843-9) in their rookie seasons. The first caught 64 passes in his rookie campaign for 836 yards and 8 TD's, and followed it up with a slight improvement in his second season with 73 catches for 866 yards and 6 TD's.

The second receiver hauled in 52 catches in his rookie season for 788 yards and 6 scores, and exploded in his second year with 82 catches for 1,635 yards and 6 TD's.

And the names of those players? Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt. Guess those wouldn't be bad footsteps to follow.

can you imagine?

realistically, i think he and moulds both have about 1200.
                            I can imagine, but I'm a realist and not a delusional bills fan. You pointed out some key numbers in your fallicious argument. But here is a key fact why Evans won't come close to 1600 yards: You have JP Lossman as your QB, he didn't throw to Evans last year, BLEDSOE did. And now with Drew gone his development will be hindered significantly. This guy came on late in the season and showed promise when Drew was hitting him deep, but now his career may go the way of Josh Reed.

The thing with Harrison and Holt is they had guys by the names of Manning and Warner throwing the football to them. Evans has JP Lossman? Hopefully that will clear things up for you so you stop fantasing about nonsense says a philisophical troll.

With the combination of Lossman/Holcomb/whoever.....expect to see Moulds have @ 1000 yards as this should be his last productive season before the twilight of his career sets in. If Evans has a sophmore slump expect @500 yards.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                              • Mar 2004

Hey Troll, the same Bledsoe who was throwing 2-4 picks per game, even in blowout victories late in the season? The only thing Bledsoe's departure will hinder is the opposing teams take-a-ways.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

Working...
                              X