PDA

View Full Version : Chronology of events

Kelly The Dog
07-17-2005, 10:19 AM
1. Bills need a OL. Everyone yells for Kenyatta Walker. TD disappoints everyone, trades down in the first for Nate Clements and a second. Deals again and turns that second into Travis Henry. Read: Travis is free. Walker becomes a bust and Clements becomes a star.

2. Year one: Travis plays well, beats out Antawain Smith, Shawn Bryson, and Sammy Morris due to talent and/or injury.

3. Year two: Travis starts and plays very well. Rushes for 1400 yards. Bills look to have an emerging star at RB but he has limitations.

4. TD surprises everyone and drafts Willis McGahee #1 even though he has a RB and WM is injured. Says we didn't have anyone on the board worth #1 money and McGahee is a special talent.

5. Year three: McGahee is still recovering and cannot play. Travis gains 1300 yards and double digit TDs for the second year in a row and is named the teams offensive MVP.

Meanwhile, sometime in year three, on TH's request, TD renegotiates Travis's deal and signs him for an extra year on the (very) cheap.

6. Year four: McGahee is just about back. Travis starts and flops. McGahee steps in, finally healthy, and a star is born. Travis is relegated to the bench and his worth to the Bills is basically used up as he pouts.

7. TD wants to trade Travis and get the most for him, what the Bills feel he is worth. No one makes an offer. TD waits until one is made. TD takes the #3 pick just before training camp starts.

Snapshot of the chronology: TD gets Travis for free, gets three years of good production out of him. Has his successor (a clearly better player) emerging as a star. Trades Travis for #3 pick.

I'd say that is pretty good poker playing.

Bert102176
07-18-2005, 02:35 AM
I agree

BigZ
07-18-2005, 05:04 AM
Good summary. Like the comment in another thread - let TD run our garage sale!

Turf
07-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Until TD produces a playoff appearance I say he's a flop.
He's not addressed the O-line again which will be our undoing.
He was headstrong and wrong with Williams.
Blew the Josh Reed pick.
Waited too long to pull Bledsoe.
Still has no place kicker.
And while I like Mularkey, I don't like his silly trick plays he tries in crucial situations for no reason.
And I am not crazy about Grey staying on as Def Co.
Now if you think I'm critical, I'm not. I just don't like to settle for mediocrity.
Once again, on paper, we have a good football team, minus the O-line and kicker.
Can the coaching staff put it together is the question.
Another failed year with no playoff appearance and TD and his poker face can fold.

ryjam282
07-18-2005, 07:14 AM
I think he played this particular situation out pretty much the best he possibly could have. He got what he wanted and didn't have to compromise one bit.

As far as Turf's comments, I agree to a point. He hasn't really addressed the line, and by adding a rookie QB gives himself at least 2 more years before Ralph starts calling for his head IMO.

Kelly The Dog
07-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Until TD produces a playoff appearance I say he's a flop.
He's not addressed the O-line again which will be our undoing.
He was headstrong and wrong with Williams.
Blew the Josh Reed pick.
Waited too long to pull Bledsoe.
Still has no place kicker.
And while I like Mularkey, I don't like his silly trick plays he tries in crucial situations for no reason.
And I am not crazy about Grey staying on as Def Co.
Now if you think I'm critical, I'm not. I just don't like to settle for mediocrity.
Once again, on paper, we have a good football team, minus the O-line and kicker.
Can the coaching staff put it together is the question.
Another failed year with no playoff appearance and TD and his poker face can fold.
TD has definitely made some mistakes. One, GW, was his first big decision and it turned out to be a bad one in retrospect. But this thread was only about the Travis situation. I will address the job he is doing in another thread.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 09:18 AM
3.5 Franchised Peerless Price, who just came off a 1000 yard season, and traded him away for a 1st rounder who just turned out to be McGahee. Price went to Atlanta, developed an "eye problem", and flopped. :snicker:

Philagape
07-18-2005, 09:31 AM
If this team becomes a playoff team, I'll give TD a pass for Dredsoe and Man-Boobs

Meathead
07-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I'd say that is pretty good poker playing.
:up: