PDA

View Full Version : Henry asked for a million

ghz in pittsburgh
07-17-2005, 06:24 PM
This whole Henry thing came about when Henry had to beg the Bills to give him an extension in summer 2003. I don't know what is his pro-rated signing bonus for 2005, but it is safe to say most of his 2005 cap would be going to Titans. In Football terms, the Bills got a windfall with nothing: promised Henry $1.25 million in 2005, wind up with a 2006 day one draft pick and have Titans pay that $1.25 million.

Seems like Donahoe is a good talent evaluator for running backs dating back to his Pittsburgh days (sharp trades, contract management). On the other hand his performance with QB leaves a lot to be desired so far. Will it change with Losman or will the old beat continue on? We'll see.

Night Train
07-17-2005, 06:38 PM
This whole Henry thing came about when Henry had to beg the Bills to give him an extension in summer 2003. I don't know what is his pro-rated signing bonus for 2005, but it is safe to say most of his 2005 cap would be going to Titans. In Football terms, the Bills got a windfall with nothing: promised Henry $1.25 million in 2005, wind up with a 2006 day one draft pick and have Titans pay that $1.25 million.

Seems like Donahoe is a good talent evaluator for running backs dating back to his Pittsburgh days (sharp trades, contract management). On the other hand his performance with QB leaves a lot to be desired so far. Will it change with Losman or will the old beat continue on? We'll see.
I was never a fan of Bledsoe, even when he came here. Still, it was either him or Alex Van Pelt ( Ack ! ) . So at the time, I could understand the move. Few other options were available at QB.

Henry had a well known off field incident plus begged for an extension with a bonus, after blowing all his $$. Add on his shortcomings as a player ( can't block, suspect hands) and a reason to draft McGahee was very strong.

Gregg Williams and his staff of mostly high school asst. coaches was still Donahoes biggest blunder. I like our current staff and the look of this team for the first time in years.

Can't erase the past mistakes and some criticism of Donahoe is justified. Still, sunny days are ahead.

Dozerdog
07-17-2005, 06:53 PM
I was never a fan of Bledsoe, even when he came here. Still, it was either him or Alex Van Pelt ( Ack ! ) . So at the time, I could understand the move. Few other options were available at QB.

Henry had a well known off field incident plus begged for an extension with a bonus, after blowing all his $$. Add on his shortcomings as a player ( can't block, suspect hands) and a reason to draft McGahee was very strong.

Gregg Williams and his staff of mostly high school asst. coaches was still Donahoes biggest blunder. I like our current staff and the look of this team for the first time in years.

Can't erase the past mistakes and some criticism of Donahoe is justified. Still, sunny days are ahead.Agree completely with both posts

wchutalkinboutwillis
07-17-2005, 07:33 PM
No one ever really talks about what a steal Henry was for the Bills. The guy runs for 1400 yds and then renegotiates for 1.25mm? TD took full advantage of him because he and his agent where desperate for $$$ and too stupid to get more than what was offered. Pure robbery.