PDA

View Full Version : Connolly must go

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 07:28 AM
The opposition must lick their chops every time they see this clown on the ice. -2 last nite, both goals by his man who he failed to check.

Even if he has to pass waivers first, I'd still try to send him down.

I'd rather see a line of Hamel, Milley, and Chris Taylor than the crap they are putting out there now.

I can't beleive Ruff keeps putting Connolley out there. :angry:

Dozerdog
12-27-2002, 07:38 AM
I don't know if it was the zoom lense on the camera angle that made him appear closer to the play or not, but on Magnus Arvedson's goal, Connoly is shown on the replay, drifting toward the net, standing straight up, staring straight ahead. Almost like he's drifting into the faceoff circle before they drop a puck. His stick was horizontal to his shoulders and he never took either hand off of it.

No attempt to go after Arvedson who put in an easy rebound. Even lazy defensemen will wave a stick in the general direction of a guy to make it look good on TV. Had you put an awful christmas sweater on him, he could have looked like a dad at the public rink skating with his kids.

On the dish they gave us the Ottawa broadcast team. They were all over Connolly last night.

The Graphics they put up

Connolly -16 .. worst on the team

Connolly 14 goals in 115 games as a Sabre

Connolly- 2 points in his last 17 games (make that 18 now)

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 07:41 AM
Don't Lindy and Darcy see what we see??? :huh:

I saw the Ottawa feed too. Then Roby lit him up again on HH. It's kind of fun to see how disgusted Roby and Brian Blessing are at this point (in a sick kind of way).

Buffarama
12-27-2002, 08:34 AM
His nickname is flat liner among the players. No surprise there. The guy shows no desire or heart when he plays.
They might as well of traded Peca for a coin collection.

Novacane
12-27-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama

They might as well of traded Peca for a coin collection.

:lolcry:

It is really getting stupid. Why won't they sit the guy? Darcy does not want to admit he made a horrible trade?

Novacane
12-27-2002, 09:59 AM
Ruff to Reiger when talking about the Peca trade.......................................

We got hosed Darcy........we got hosed!

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 10:10 AM
Does Ruff keep putting him out there to rub Darcy's nose in it??

Dozerdog
12-27-2002, 10:13 AM
These guys are like farmers now. They have been smelling **** for so long, they don't know any other smell.

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 10:15 AM
I guess. What the hell is Ruff gonna do, double shift Barnes?

Don Cherry
12-27-2002, 10:41 AM
I think Rochester is using the Sabres as the farm club to season their players.

Fitzpatrick, Kalinin, Botterill, Milley, Miller, Hamel...

Earthquake Enyart
12-27-2002, 10:48 AM
Like Lou Sabin says, you can lose with anybody. Let's at least see a little effort.

clumping platelets
12-27-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Ruff to Reiger when talking about the Peca trade.......................................

We got hosed Darcy........we got hosed!

I can picture this :chuckle:

clumping platelets
12-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Ship him out. I was watching the game from the bowling alley.........he doesn't want to be here. Trade him and get what you can :mad:

THATHURMANATOR
12-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Connelly is a big softie out there!!! what a bum...

sabresfan18
12-27-2002, 07:47 PM
you people are crazy..tim is a good player..people want him to be more than he will ever be...trading connolly will only hurt the sabres..id take connolly and pyatt anyday over peca's attitude...connolly needs to stay in buffalo...lindy and darcy need to go...how about hiring the avs old coach? you people are crazy....i like connolly...GO SABRES!

SABURZFAN
12-28-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I don't know if it was the zoom lense on the camera angle that made him appear closer to the play or not, but on Magnus Arvedson's goal, Connoly is shown on the replay, drifting toward the net, standing straight up, staring straight ahead. Almost like he's drifting into the faceoff circle before they drop a puck. His stick was horizontal to his shoulders and he never took either hand off of it.

No attempt to go after Arvedson who put in an easy rebound. Even lazy defensemen will wave a stick in the general direction of a guy to make it look good on TV. Had you put an awful christmas sweater on him, he could have looked like a dad at the public rink skating with his kids.

On the dish they gave us the Ottawa broadcast team. They were all over Connolly last night.

The Graphics they put up

Connolly -16 .. worst on the team

Connolly 14 goals in 115 games as a Sabre

Connolly- 2 points in his last 17 games (make that 18 now)

now i see why they call him flatliner.

Originally posted by sabresfan18
you people are crazy..tim is a good player..people want him to be more than he will ever be...trading connolly will only hurt the sabres..id take connolly and pyatt anyday over peca's attitude...connolly needs to stay in buffalo...lindy and darcy need to go...how about hiring the avs old coach? you people are crazy....i like connolly...GO SABRES!

crazy???i've been called worse.good player???not on this team.how will it hurt the SABRES to trade this guy???the only thing i agree with is ruff needs to go.hiring ANY coaching is out of the question.we're stuck with this joker.the team has no money and our future for buffalo hockey looks grim.

i thought it was a little early to call for this kids head but the more i watch the SABRES on the hockey package,the more i'm starting to believe everybody else.this schmoe couldn't check his way out of a $h!thouse.

sabresfan18
01-04-2003, 01:41 PM
god you people have nothing else to do besides bashing the sabres..if you wanna bash the sabres..you're not what I call a true fan..the sabres WILL stay in Buffalo and if they won't it's all you people who bash the sabres' fault! GO SABRES!

MissBuffalo
01-04-2003, 03:43 PM
They're not bashing the Sabres, but a player on the team. Connelly will NEVER fit into the system that this team installs. He has no defensive skills at all, which is fine, I'm sure he'll flurish in another teams system, but never in ours. As long as we keep the same players, the same system will be used. We need to trade him for a tough, scoring veteran.

Don Cherry
01-04-2003, 03:55 PM
These guys are all dying to come up with something to hang their hats on!

If this bunch lost games but with a bit of fire under their rears...like Nolan's crew did ...when was it...7-8 years ago... these people would be lot less harsh. Right now this is the worst team in the league, and he's one of the poorest players on it.

I'm all for sending him down for a few years to see what develops. But can you give up 2 goals a night with him out there?