PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Sports Moment? Come on!

Michael82
07-18-2005, 09:04 AM
I saw the TV Guide this week and was interested in their cover story the "25 Awesome Sports Moments. I was curious what they were. Bad idea. #23...Music City Miracle. :ill:

That's ridiculous. How did the Music City Ripoff get named as the #23rd awesome sports moment? :mad:

Everyone knows it was a ****ing forward pass, not a lateral. why do you gotta rub our noses into it? :shakeno: :curse:

Pride
07-18-2005, 09:07 AM
regardless of the outcome.. the moment itself is incredible.

We went from being behind.... to being on top... to being behind again... in about 8 seconds!

The feeling of euphoria and disbelief so close together made it surreal. Sort of like the 2nd half of the bills/oilers wild card game.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 09:26 AM
regardless of the outcome.. the moment itself is incredible.

We went from being behind.... to being on top... to being behind again... in about 8 seconds!

The feeling of euphoria and disbelief so close together made it surreal. Sort of like the 2nd half of the bills/oilers wild card game.
yeah, but it still makes me pissed. :mad:

OpIv37
07-18-2005, 09:30 AM
here's the important thing- was the Wild Card game ranked above or below that? If the game- winning FG in OT doesn't rank above that, we got ripped off.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 09:33 AM
here's the important thing- was the Wild Card game ranked above or below that? If the game- winning FG in OT doesn't rank above that, we got ripped off.
The Houston Oilers comeback game wasn't even on the list. :mad:

Oh and the Field goal by Vinatieri in the Snow Bowl made the game too.

Jan Reimers
07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm surprised Wide Right and No Goal didn't make it, too.

AndreReed83
07-18-2005, 12:27 PM
The Music City Debacle is rarely talked about anymore. It got way too much attention the year after it happened... and then it just died. Which is good.

Heh, I think it's funny that the Kevin Dyson play at the end of the Super Bowl gets shown more then the MCD. Jeff Fisher, "In my opinion, we didn't lose that game... we just didn't WIN it." Whatever helps you sleep at night Jeff.... whatever helps you sleep...

Meathead
07-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Everyone knows it was a ****ing forward pass, not a lateral. why do you gotta rub our noses into it? :shakeno: :curse:
Even thought I honestly think it was a forward pass (by about an inch) I think most people believe it was legal.

As horrible as that moment was, I can definitely see why it made this list. It's one of the all-time lightning strike last ditch lucky plays to win a game in any sport. Bastards.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 12:46 PM
The Music City Debacle is rarely talked about anymore. It got way too much attention the year after it happened... and then it just died. Which is good.

Heh, I think it's funny that the Kevin Dyson play at the end of the Super Bowl gets shown more then the MCD. Jeff Fisher, "In my opinion, we didn't lose that game... we just didn't WIN it." Whatever helps you sleep at night Jeff.... whatever helps you sleep...
Exactly. In a way I'm glad they pulled that on us to advance themselves to the eventual humility of Dyson getting tackled at the goalline to LOSE that SB. :snicker:

Michael82
07-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Exactly. In a way I'm glad they pulled that on us to advance themselves to the eventual humility of Dyson getting tackled at the goalline to LOSE that SB. :snicker:
:cynic:

I'm not. IMO, the 1999 Bills were the team that would have beaten the Rams and won their first Super Bowl trophy. :(

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 01:18 PM

I'm not. IMO, the 1999 Bills were the team that would have beaten the Rams and won their first Super Bowl trophy. :(
I really would rather not have Rob Johnson win anything for us.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I really would rather not have Rob Johnson win anything for us.
And you call yourself a Bills fan? If RJ took the Bills to the Super Bowl and won it...I wouldn't mind him one bit. He would still make me :ill: But he'd be a Bill in my mind.

Gunzlingr
07-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I would take the championship if it was Todd Collins who won it for us.

imbondz
07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd take the championship if Gunz won it for us

Michael82
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I'd take the championship if Gunz won it for us
I'd take the Championship if Billy Joe Hobert won it for us. :ill:

AndreReed83
07-18-2005, 09:21 PM

I agree with you 100% about the Bills winning the Super Bowl that year. They were a darn good team and because of the freakin' Music City Debacle, NO ONE acknowledges that. Now, they're known as another one of Buffalo's "mishaps."

Michael82
07-19-2005, 11:49 AM
I agree with you 100% about the Bills winning the Super Bowl that year. They were a darn good team and because of the freakin' Music City Debacle, NO ONE acknowledges that. Now, they're known as another one of Buffalo's "mishaps."
Yeah, it really pisses me off. :mad:

bledslow
07-19-2005, 01:28 PM

ohhhh for heavens sake.this has got to be a joke.rams woulds have lit up that bills team- who was gonna stop bruce,holt,and faulk on that bills defense? just because they(bills) played the titans close and the titans played the rams close,does not mean the bills would have played the rams close. that bills defense does not match up to that INCREDIBLE rams offense. even if buf beat tenn,they still would not have made it to the superbowl(imho).

and it was not a forward pass. the ball was in a straight line(wich is legal). tenn beat buf fair and square.

MikeInRoch
07-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I believe that it was not a forward pass, even though it literally made me sick to my stomach.

Meathead
07-19-2005, 01:39 PM
I would take the SuperBowl win if George Bush was quarterback.

Philagape
07-19-2005, 02:32 PM
I believe that it was not a forward pass, even though it literally made me sick to my stomach.

Same here.