PDA

View Full Version : BLAH BLAH BLAH...Screw you Henry!

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 09:14 AM
When asked about how he felt about the situation at the Titans where he'd have to compete with Chris Brown for the starting job, look at what he said:

"I haven’t gotten a chance to meet Chris Brown, but as far us co-existing, I think it’ll be great. Everybody’s just got to know their role,” he said in the TV phone interview. “Whatever role the coaches give me or give him, it’s a team sport first. I’ve been in a situation a couple of different times where there’s more than one back on the team, and competition makes you better overall. I feel like if both we both understand that and the coaches let us know what both our roles are, then things should go good."

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=7&screen=news&news_id=42928

What-TF-ever. He wasn't so damn graceful here in Buffalo, instead becoming a huge distraction. What a hypocrite. I hope he breaks his damn leg again and sits on the bench getting passed by Jarrett Payton. Screw you Henry. :mad::mad::mad:

footballhottie
07-18-2005, 09:20 AM
:mad: what a jerk 4 thumbs way down:down::down::down::down:

The King
07-18-2005, 09:21 AM
I saw this happening. As soon as I heard the two teams involved in trade talks it was either going to be Brown or Taylor.

Night Train
07-18-2005, 09:22 AM
That's his dwindling bank account talking, not him.

oldno711
07-18-2005, 09:22 AM
what a joke. tennessee or jacksonville....he's still a back-up. oh well, we can all thank him in 06 when we have 4 day one selections.

FinNasty23
07-18-2005, 09:24 AM
hahaha... really... what hypocrite?? He is gunna be in the same situation he was in when in Buffalo... Competeing with a talented RB wit injury concerns... He forced himself out of Buffalo because he didnt want to compete with another RB and now he is happy about doin the same thing in Tenn?? Obviously he is tryin to save face a lil bit... what a fool...

Nasty

OpIv37
07-18-2005, 09:28 AM
yeah I just lost a lot of respect for him- what a jackass thing to say. Of course, there are two reasons why he probably doesn't care now:

1. He might be able to outplay Chris Brown
2. There is a good chance he will get to start eventually because of how fragile Chris Brown is.

In Buffalo, he will never be able to outplay McGahee, and so far McGahee has proved to be tough (although I still have some doubts, especially with our O-line).

THATHURMANATOR
07-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Please the man wants a chance to play. How can you fault him. The guy was a fricken warrior for us.

Jan Reimers
07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
I never expect to hear anything even resembling the truth out of guys who are let go, traded, or leave via free agency. It's either the kind of scathing criticism spewing from the big mouth of Fat Pat (Sour Grapes) Williams, or this disingenuous, smarmy hypocrisy being spooned out by TH.

Why can't these guys be even a little like Darryl Talley was when he left the Bills? Does anyone remember his open letter to the fans in the Buffalo News after he was released? It was one of the classiest things I have ever read.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
I never expect to hear anything even resembling the truth out of guys who are let go, traded, or leave via free agency. It's either the kind of scathing criticism spewing from the big mouth of Fat Pat (Sour Grapes) Williams, or this disingenuous, smarmy hypocrisy being spooned out by TH.

Why can't these guys be even a little like Darryl Talley was when he left the Bills? Does anyone remember his open letter to the fans in the Buffalo News after he was released? It was one of the classiest things I have ever read.
Bledsoe did the same thing in New England after he was traded. :up:

feelthepain
07-18-2005, 10:23 AM
What a bunch of turncoats!!!

HHURRICANE
07-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Please the man wants a chance to play. How can you fault him. The guy was a fricken warrior for us.
I agree. And yes, he was not going to beat out McGahee. But he has a very good chance of starting in TN or Jax. Let's cut the guy some slack. He was a good starting RB and we went and drafted another one. It was a good decision but someone has to pay the price and it was Henry. Let's wish him luck and move on.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Bledsoe did the same thing in New England after he was traded. :up:
Too bad he did feel the same way for the Buffalo fans. :down:

Screw Bledsoe too. :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Fine, then tell us the truth. Tell us that he just wants to beat out Chris Brown to be the starter, which is why he was unhappy in Buffalo in the first place. Don't give us that "coexist" and "team first" BS, knowing it's a pack of blatant lies. We'd have that much more respect for him.

:down:

Captain Obvious
07-18-2005, 10:45 AM
What a bunch of turncoats!!!
Did you still love Ricky Williams after he quit on you last year?

HHURRICANE
07-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Fine, then tell us the truth. Tell us that he just wants to beat out Chris Brown to be the starter, which is why he was unhappy in Buffalo in the first place. Don't give us that "coexist" and "team first" BS, knowing it's a pack of blatant lies. We'd have that much more respect for him.

:down:
Hmmm. He's on a new team, trying to sign a long term deal. Yeah, let's p.. off your new teammates and declare yourself the starter. Didn't everybody blame Henry for shooting his mouth off here. Know he's using his head and he's an idiot. Let's cut him some slack.:poop: :poop:

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Sure, let's show your new team that he takes them and the fans for a bunch of flaming morons, as if they don't have a freaking clue why he left Buffalo in the first place. Great plan. :bf1:

mysticsoto
07-18-2005, 10:59 AM
You know, people need to remember that when WM was drafted, TH was upset and TD and the Bills FO talked to him and probably told him that the job was his and that he had no need to worry. Lo and behold, WM steals/outperforms him to win the job, and TH is probably upset...perhaps on what TD and the FO told him about him remaining the starter. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, I'm just speculating. But if it were true, I still can't blame TD and company for going with WM. This is a business and you have to go with the best that you have - regardless of what they may have told TH before. So if TH is mad at them and acting it out - forcing us to deal him, then fine. But although it'd be nice to have him as a good security blanket backing up WM, if we are able to obtain a 2nd for him, I will be more than ecstatic. I would have rathered Anthony Thomas as the backup then, but who we have will apparently suffice.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 11:05 AM
You know, people need to remember that when WM was drafted, TH was upset and TD and the Bills FO talked to him and probably told him that the job was his and that he had no need to worry. Lo and behold, WM steals/outperforms him to win the job, and TH is probably upset...perhaps on what TD and the FO told him about him remaining the starter. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, I'm just speculating. But if it were true, I still can't blame TD and company for going with WM. This is a business and you have to go with the best that you have - regardless of what they may have told TH before. So if TH is mad at them and acting it out - forcing us to deal him, then fine. But although it'd be nice to have him as a good security blanket backing up WM, if we are able to obtain a 2nd for him, I will be more than ecstatic. I would have rathered Anthony Thomas as the backup then, but who we have will apparently suffice.
The FO didn't lie to him. It was his job to lose, and he was the starter for the first 4 games. He sucked and lost his job, and that's his own fault.

feelthepain
07-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Did you still love Ricky Williams after he quit on you last year?
Big difference in the two situations, You fans can be bitter about Henry, but he can't be bitter about the way the team treated him.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Big difference in the two situations, You fans can be bitter about Henry, but he can't be bitter about the way the team treated him.
Don't get me wrong. He is entitled to be bitter about losing his job to a better player. It's a business and that's how it works, but he should still be upset, nothing wrong with that.

But don't speak on both sides of your mouth, saying "this sucks I got replaced" on one side, and "this is a team first sport, competition makes me better" on the other. No one likes a double-talker.

:monkeyp:Henry

ublinkwescore
07-18-2005, 12:22 PM
this thread's boring - we should all just be happy that we got another 1.5 mil in cap room.

pleasesavedrew
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
How come he couldnt be like this for us/ usually i defned players but this is bull****

Meathead
07-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Henry was great for us while he was here. I wish him well and expect that he'll be the featured starter there by Game 4 at the latest.

feelthepain
07-18-2005, 12:47 PM
How come he couldnt be like this for us/ usually i defned players but this is bull****
He was till you drafted Willis, Henry is a probowl caliber back or close to it. You would be angry too if this happend to you. Henry isn't bitter because he hates the bills, he's bitter because he wanted to be a bill and they didn't want him. Think about it.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
he's bitter because he wanted to be a bill and they didn't want him. Think about it.
Awwwwww.....how sensitive of you. Does it remind you of you wanting Ricky but he broke your heart by not returning your love and left you for some pot? Did you use to sing "Right Here Waiting" to his big manly poster on your wall every night?

Philisophical Troll
07-18-2005, 12:57 PM
When asked about how he felt about the situation at the Titans where he'd have to compete with Chris Brown for the starting job, look at what he said:

"I haven’t gotten a chance to meet Chris Brown, but as far us co-existing, I think it’ll be great. Everybody’s just got to know their role,” he said in the TV phone interview. “Whatever role the coaches give me or give him, it’s a team sport first. I’ve been in a situation a couple of different times where there’s more than one back on the team, and competition makes you better overall. I feel like if both we both understand that and the coaches let us know what both our roles are, then things should go good."

What-TF-ever. He wasn't so damn graceful here in Buffalo, instead becoming a huge distraction. What a hypocrite. I hope he breaks his damn leg again and sits on the bench getting passed by Jarrett Payton. Screw you Henry. :mad::mad::mad:
What else do you expect a guy to say after how Donahoe and the Bills Organitzation treated him? I'd be pretty pee'd off too if I went to the probowl and proved myself as a top RB in this league and them my team drafts an injured loser like Mcgimpknee to replace me. Seriously what don't you people get? Travis is a superstar and that will be reinforced in Tennessee. Mcgimpknee will never be the same back he was before his injury, and even then he was overrated...period!

ublinkwescore
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeah he was so overrated.

And last year's performance was a fluke that will never be reached by him again.

Philagape
07-18-2005, 01:07 PM
We don't get why your posts are so stupid and ignorant. :huh:

Regardless of whatever he was before the injury, McGahee will be better than he was last year (when he way outperformed the "superstar"), which should make him one of the top 3 backs in the league. I'll take that. :D

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah he was so overrated.

And last year's performance was a fluke that will never be reached by him again.
Are you being sarcastic or ridiculous, blinky?

Bert102176
07-18-2005, 02:26 PM
that hipacritical bastard :blowup:

Tatonka
07-18-2005, 04:21 PM
yeah I just lost a lot of respect for him- what a jackass thing to say. Of course, there are two reasons why he probably doesn't care now:

1. He might be able to outplay Chris Brown
2. There is a good chance he will get to start eventually because of how fragile Chris Brown is.

In Buffalo, he will never be able to outplay McGahee, and so far McGahee has proved to be tough (although I still have some doubts, especially with our O-line).

i agree with this mostly

he MIGHT be able to outplay brown.. but actually, i dont think so.. brown has been great when on the field.. but he does get hurt more..

i think henry knew that he got beat out and wasnt ever going to be as good as willis, so he just wanted out.. it was a pride thing..

but F him and all the teamwork crap.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 08:50 PM
but F him and all the teamwork crap.
:hi5:

Meathead
07-18-2005, 08:54 PM
I actually think this is smart of him. Apparently he's learned from being a blockhead.

If I'm planning on going there and taking that brother's job away from him this is exactly what I would say. Henry has reason to be confident. He's done it before, Brown hasn't. Why announce to your enemy on the field (even if he's your best friend off it) that you plan to kick his ass?

If I'm the coach, frankly I'm giving Henry every opportunity now to win that job. And personally I think he will, by game 5.

MDFINFAN
07-18-2005, 09:25 PM

Big difference...he was the starting back in Buf...because of a broken leg, no t his play, he's demoted to 2nd string..that's a slap in the face. I think if McGee had just beat him straight in camp, he may have accepted it better. But he just came off the pro bowl, you draft mcgee, he gets hurt, you don't offer him his starting job back...I'd be a little pissed too.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-18-2005, 09:34 PM
The FO didn't lie to him. It was his job to lose, and he was the starter for the first 4 games. He sucked and lost his job, and that's his own fault.

If Travis would've scored that TD in the Oakland game last yr. which the NFL says it was a TD he probably would still be the starter that's were it started going downhill for him. I'm not trying to take anything away from McGahee I think he is a better RB than Travis. McGahee can see the holes better than Travis can because he's taller than Henry.
:goodpost: