PDA

View Full Version : Quick, name all the teams you would trade our entire roster for

Kelly The Dog
07-18-2005, 09:26 AM
I like TD. He is not a God, he has and will make mistakes, we haven't won since he has been here. Those are all true. His detractors, however, will always say "Scoreboard". What is his record since he took over? His job is to win, period. Bottom line.

Well, not only is that not true, but you can't really even use the buck stops here nonsense, because the buck actually stops with the owner. So if you want to blame someone for the Bills not winning while TD is here, blame it on Ralph.

But that would be dumb, too, because the buck doesn't stop at any one place. The teams that win have several buck stopping stations, that mostly center around the owner, the GM, the Head Coach, and the players. If any one doesn't do their jobs the team doesn't win.

The GM's job, however, is not to win games. That is the Coach and players job. The GM's job is to hire coaches, acquire players (the best players possible), manage the salary cap, put people in the seats, make money for the owner, and prepare the franchise for the present, near future (and if possible, the distant future, which in the NFL's case is about three years. Amongst others.

So please try to name all of the teams you would trade our entire franchise for right now. Considering everything. Considering the roster, the coaches, the stars, the contracts, the salary, the present and near future prospects, and the nucleus for the future. That is the team that TD has put together. How many are there? You have to be willing to say I'll give you all of ours for all of yours.

IMO, there ain't many. Perhaps three. Maybe Pittsburgh. Maybe Philadelphia. Maybe the Patriots (but maybe not and mostly because of Bellichick). There are a few arguables (Indy, The Jets, and others) but they all have issues and I personally would not make that trade. We're poised to win. We have several emerging stars. We have a good cap situation. We have a good staff. We have O, D and ST. We have young and old studs. We have a possible top notch trioka in Losman, McGahee and Evans.

Please post all the teams you would trade the whole shebang for.

That is the indication of the job the GM is doing.

OpIv37
07-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't touch Indy- their cap situation sucks, they overpay a few stars and they neglect the D to bolster the O. The Jets are a joke- Curtis Martin is good but age will catch up with him soon. Pennington is limited and overrated. The only thing I like about that team is Jonathan Vilma.

I wouldn't go near Atlanta either- Vick is a great athlete but I'm willing to bet that JP is a better QB. Their D is good but their offense is too inconsistent. Minnesota and Oakland will probably have good seasons, but I get the feeling they have a house of cards and could fall apart at any second. Cincy, JAX and maybe Houston are up and coming, but aren't there yet. Baltimore has Kyle Boller- no thanks. And I think Derrick Mason will help their offense, but I also think he'll suffer from Peerless Price syndrome a little as well.

No one else is really worthy of consideration.

Basically, the only rosters I'd rather have than ours are Philly, Pit and NE.

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2005, 10:26 AM
NE, Philly, Pit, Indy

Uncle Jesse
07-18-2005, 10:35 AM
New England, Philly, Carolina.

Night Train
07-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Southern Cal. :-)

pleasesavedrew
07-18-2005, 12:38 PM
i'd take the pats

That Guy
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
New England. I think that's it.

Crisis
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
I'd only take NE if we had their staff. I wouldn't want Philly because of TO.

Stewie
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
All the teams that beat us this year