PDA

View Full Version : Less than two weeks left until Training Camp begins...

Michael82
07-18-2005, 01:04 PM
I'll be there as the BillsZone reporter again, getting the latest scoop for all you guys and keeping you updated.

So, I figured I would start this out by asking people what kind of things that people wanted me to keep an eye out for.

What players did you want to know about and what position battles are you most interested in?

Are there any players that you would like me to try to get photos of?

Let me know in this thread and I will do my hardest to get what you guys want. You guys can help me figure out who to keep an eye on, and what to look for each day. :up:

Gunzlingr
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I want pics of FBH naked. Get to it.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Who needs Mikey for that? Just go to one of her family reunions.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm on it. :naughty:

Now please keep this on topic. :mad: I want to get a bunch of people to reply so maybe I can watch a different player each day or something and I'll put the info in my training camp report for that day too. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Mikey, seriously I'd like to know more about how Jim Leonhard is doing in camp and whether he looks to be making the team or not. I really like this guy's heart and style, and want to see him make it.

Plus, he's a Wisconsin Badger. :up:

Thanks.

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2005, 01:23 PM
A general recap is always good. Who looks good. Who looks bad. Fights. Coaches yelling. Etc.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Mikey, seriously I'd like to know more about how Jim Leonhard is doing in camp and whether he looks to be making the team or not. I really like this guy's heart and style, and want to see him make it.

Thanks.
I will definitely be keeping an eye on him. Hopefully he shines like Rashad Baker did last year. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Also the Parrish-Reed battle for slot receiver will be very interesting. Thanks.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Also the Parrish-Reed battle for slot receiver will be very interesting. Thanks.
You mean Parrish/Reed/Aiken. :snicker:

Italian Stallion
07-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Mikey, i go to camp alot as well, maybe we can meet up and talk Bills on a few occasions..... My uncle gets alumni tix to the closed practice where there is catered food and one on ones with the players, let me know if your interested.

I'm personally gonna be keeping an eye on the backup RB situation and the play of Mike Gandy.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Mikey, i go to camp alot as well, maybe we can meet up and talk Bills on a few occasions..... My uncle gets alumni tix to the closed practice where there is catered food and one on ones with the players, let me know if your interested.

I'm personally gonna be keeping an eye on the backup RB situation and the play of Mike Gandy.
I am DEFINITELY interested. That would be awesome. Maybe I could even get a one-on-one interview for the site too. :up:

Look for the guy hanging near the fence and running around with a camera around his neck and a notebook in his hand. I'm the only one who writes notes while standing at the fence, so I should be easy to spot. Just ask John Guy where the spy is. :snicker:

:scared:

Italian Stallion
07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
I am DEFINITELY interested. That would be awesome. Maybe I could even get a one-on-one interview for the site too. :up:

Look for the guy hanging near the fence and running around with a camera around his neck and a notebook in his hand. I'm the only one who writes notes while standing at the fence, so I should be easy to spot. Just ask John Guy where the spy is. :snicker:

:scared:

Sounds good to me man...Breakfast sandwiches on me! (ate alot of those during the AM practices last year)

Michael82
07-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Sounds good to me man...Breakfast sandwiches on me! (ate alot of those during the AM practices last year)
Sounds good. :up:

What I usually did was grab a bagel at Wegmans, before I left. i ate that, went home and changed and then headed to camp. I'd around for autographs after camp and then head to McDonalds on the way home for a Fruit & Yogurt Parfait or M&M McFlurry. :hungry:

I just pray that this disgusting heat wave is done in time for training camp, or else those afternoon sessions are going to be hell. :ill:

ZacGriffi~82
07-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Umm..

Oline
Oline
Oline
Jp Losman
Oline
Oline
Oline

The King
07-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Id be curious to hear about the chemistry between Losman and McGahee. How they inter-act and get along. I see McGahee as being a real *****.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Umm..

Oline
Oline
Oline
Jp Losman
Oline
Oline
Oline

Two of my priorities. I especially want to see how Mike Williams looks and if he fell into the same trap as last year.

Id be curious to hear about the chemistry between Losman and McGahee. How they inter-act and get along. I see McGahee as being a real *****.

McGahee is not a real *****. He's actually a cool guy. I see them getting along nicely, especially with how relaxed Losman is and McGahee was always joking around with the other players last year and having a good time.

That Guy
07-18-2005, 02:35 PM
I'll assume everyone wants to know about how the team's question marks are doing:

Jon Paul
Josh Reed/Roscoe Parrish
Mike Gandy
Ron Edwards
Rian Lindell

Or at least that's what I think.

BillsPride12
07-18-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm curious about how Big Ron looks, how quick he looks, how much gas he has in the tank for the practices, how strong he looks, etc. I'm also curious about how McGee is looking at corner. I also wonder if JP will develop a comfort look with either Eric or Lee and which one of them it is or if he will just be distributing the ball evenly.

mysticsoto
07-18-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm interested in seeing how Eric King looks and even Jabari Greer. I have a sinking suspicion that we may lose NC next year, and that means these guys are going to have to step it up. As of now, with some injuries reported, the class of 2006 might not be rich in CBs...further driving up NC's price. I know we will be better economically next year without Drew's dead cap, but even franchising Nate will be a high number to pay.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 02:46 PM
This is great guys, keep em coming! :up:

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I want to know punt/kick returners, and will Parrish take some returns. Hopefully they'll phase Clements out of there and put Lee and Parrish in for some.

That Guy
07-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Oooh.. I forgot.. how about the health status of our tight ends?

Michael82
07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Oooh.. I forgot.. how about the health status of our tight ends?
That's a big one. I will definitely be watching to see if Campbell and Euhus are running full force or not.

madness
07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
D-Line is my big question mark. A solid and consistant pass rush is my wish this year.

Michael82
07-18-2005, 03:14 PM
D-Line is my big question mark. A solid and consistant pass rush is my wish this year.
That's where it's hard to tell. They don't let the DL rush the passer too much, they do allow them to get by the QB and I think it's purposely done to rush the QB, but you don't know if its the DL getting thru or the OL just letting him in purposely. Plus, no sacks are allowed either.

Mr. Miyagi
07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
I want to know punt/kick returners, and will Parrish take some returns. Hopefully they'll phase Clements out of there and put Lee and Parrish in for some.
Did you get this Mikey?

Michael82
07-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Did you get this Mikey?
Yup. I'm reading this all and will probably write it in my notebook sometime next week, after I get more people to chip in. :up:

Bulldog
07-18-2005, 03:40 PM
I'd like to know how the back up RB's look. Who's getting the carries with the second team? I hope Lee steps up and takes this position. I'm not real confident that Williams could handle the pounding if he were needed to step in for any significant amout of time.

The_Philster
07-18-2005, 05:15 PM
some of this has already been mentioned but
LT..see how well Gandy is holding up...check Jason Peters' progress as well
TE...Campbell, Euhus, and Neufeld are a decent trio...hope they're all ready for the season...is Losman using them as his outlets?
LS..who's doing the best job with the timing? Is there a position player doing well enough that we don't need to use a roster spot on someone just to long snap?
Josh Reed...is he gonna bounce back or will he miss the cut?
Losman and the WRs..how's the timing?
DT...is Ron Edwards going to step up and play with some consistency? Is Tim Anderson good enough to play in a rotation?

STAMPY
07-18-2005, 05:28 PM
I'd like to Know how Lindell is doing? Is he improving?

Also if they are bringing in competition for that position. As i believe we will be in a lot of close games because of our defense will hold teams and a rookie QB may need time to develop. So those FG's will be important

Bring in Steve Christie :pray:

im4bflo
07-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Our first string, every play, O-LINE is a big Question!
I'm interested in how they look, WITH the pads on!

jamze132
07-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Keep an eye on the undrafted dudes they bring in. Maybe a "diamond in the rough"?

Bufftp
07-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Mikey, seriously I'd like to know more about how Jim Leonhard is doing in camp

first reason he should be cut.

CAbills
07-18-2005, 08:04 PM
How our offensive line looks. Especially Gandy.
Parrish with pads on.
How Willis looks and if he got that burst of speed back he had in college.
Losman Losman Losman, of course.
How Ron and Anderson are doing on the D-line.
How Eric King looks
How McGee has improved, if any?
How Vincent looks at FS and if its easy transition.
Andddd since I go to Purdue how my boy Jon Goldsberry is doing and if you think he will make the team.

*GASP*

Michael82
07-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Keep an eye on the undrafted dudes they bring in. Maybe a "diamond in the rough"?
I will definitely be doing that. Last year, Rashad Baker and Jason Peters were the two main ones who impressed me. I'm curious which ones it will be this year. I'll keep an eye on it and maybe put a Diamond in the Rough (player of the day) in my report. :up:

Michael82
07-19-2005, 07:53 AM
I'd like to Know how Lindell is doing? Is he improving?

Also if they are bringing in competition for that position. As i believe we will be in a lot of close games because of our defense will hold teams and a rookie QB may need time to develop. So those FG's will be important

Bring in Steve Christie :pray:
At camp, it's tough to figure out how the kickers do, because they don't practice kicks too much, plus its hard to tell from the view. Your best bet is to watch him in the preseason games. :up:

That Guy
07-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Now it kinda sounds like 'watch everything'. Good luck Mikey :up:

mybills
07-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Tell me how Greg Jermain does, so I can tell his grandma. :up:

and, count from when JP touches the ball to when he releases the pass. I better not hear anything like Bledsoes numbers. :snicker:

Michael82
07-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Tell me how Greg Jermain does, so I can tell his grandma. :up:

and, count from when JP touches the ball to when he releases the pass. I better not hear anything like Bledsoes numbers. :snicker:
So, if he goes pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat, pat...throw....that would be a red flag? :scratch:

mybills
07-19-2005, 07:20 PM
:rofl:

jamze132
07-20-2005, 05:37 AM
I will definitely be doing that. Last year, Rashad Baker and Jason Peters were the two main ones who impressed me. I'm curious which ones it will be this year. I'll keep an eye on it and maybe put a Diamond in the Rough (player of the day) in my report. :up:
Word!

Michael82
07-23-2005, 12:50 PM
BUMP! :up: