PDA

View Full Version : SI has team preview up for each team...

Ickybaluky
07-18-2005, 01:46 PM
... here is the Bills' page:

link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2005/teams/afce/buffalo_bills.html)

Uncle Jesse
07-18-2005, 01:52 PM
They have Tim Anderson starting over Ron Edwards? Am I the only one thinking that, that might be a little off?

bigbub2352
07-18-2005, 02:10 PM
thanx i dont think the article was to bad

Jan Reimers
07-18-2005, 02:55 PM
They have Tim Anderson starting over Ron Edwards? Am I the only one thinking that, that might be a little off?
I didn't read it that way. And, not to tick you off, I don't think Lindell was solely responsible for the Steeler loss, which the article seems to indicate.

Crisis
07-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I didn't read it that way. And, not to tick you off, I don't think Lindell was solely responsible for the Steeler loss, which the article seems to indicate.
It does have Anderson starting, look at the projected starter line-up on the right.

Jan Reimers
07-18-2005, 03:08 PM
It does have Anderson starting, look at the projected starter line-up on the right.
Thanks. I must have had a senior moment and totally ignored the stuff on the right hand side of the page. I guess Anderson may be the run stuffer and Edwards the pass rusher.

ublinkwescore
07-18-2005, 03:08 PM
That was pretty fair.

I say Losman makes those extra couple of plays that get us into the playoffs (that Bledsoe couldn't).

eric8918
07-18-2005, 03:14 PM
the article is also projecting Teague to start at Lt and Tucker at center. Only time will tell.

Jan Reimers
07-18-2005, 03:22 PM
the article is also projecting Teague to start at Lt and Tucker at center. Only time will tell.
Then again, I don't think it mentions Everett's knee injury (although I might have missed that, too), so I'm not so sure about their analyses.

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Very positive article. :up:

These two stats speak volumes:

"Overall, the Bills went 2-6 against teams with winning records."

"...he (JP) can't do any worse than Bledsoe, who had 43 turnovers in his last 32 games as a Bill."

:doh:

Also I'm glad we have Holcomb as a backup. He may see some action here and there and I think he can hold the fort for a couple of games if need be.

Ed
07-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Another interesting stat that I didn't know of, Kelsay lead the team with 15 QB hits. I didn't know that was even a stat, but at least it showed he got some consistent pressure.

TigerJ
07-18-2005, 10:57 PM
A nice article. Some of it is pie in the sky. For instance, in no way have Coy Wire or Jabari Greer proven they can start.

ScottLawrence
07-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Also I'm glad we have Holcomb as a backup. He may see some action here and there and I think he can hold the fort for a couple of games if need be.

IMO, Holcomb would do more then hold the fort.

I think he would be a top quarterback in the league if he was to be the Bills starter this year.... I would bet all 80 of my zonebucks that we would easily make the playoffs if Holcomb was to start, and compete with the Patriots for the divison.

As for Losman, if your going to go into the season with him starting, go through the growing pains now....If it were up to me, it would be a battle for the job in training camp and preseason games and whoever performed better would get the starting nod.

Mr. Cynical
07-18-2005, 11:37 PM
IMO, Holcomb would do more then hold the fort.

I think he would be a top quarterback in the league if he was to be the Bills starter this year.... I would bet all 80 of my zonebucks that we would easily make the playoffs if Holcomb was to start, and compete with the Patriots for the divison.

As for Losman, if your going to go into the season with him starting, go through the growing pains now....If it were up to me, it would be a battle for the job in training camp and preseason games and whoever performed better would get the starting nod.IMO if he were that capable there would have been more teams in the mix to get him. I just don't think he can play 16 games and get it done, but I do think he can play 4-5 and come out ahead. But as a starter I just think teams can gameplan him into being average at best.

As for the competition idea, I'm done with that for now. TD bet the farm on him, so it's time to see if he pans out. JP needs to feel secure and not looking over his shoulder. He'll have enough to worry about playing against NFL defenses and I want him to get the maximum time with the starting unit...as well as the mental comfort...of knowing and being named the starter.

AndreReed83
07-19-2005, 03:01 AM
Another interesting stat that I didn't know of, Kelsay lead the team with 15 QB hits. I didn't know that was even a stat, but at least it showed he got some consistent pressure.

Oh yea! As a football video game player, I like to play it fair and realistically (sliders kept either the same or either User and CPU turned up the same, high difficulty, ball control, clock management, smart play-calling on both sides of the ball). Although a video game can't even get close to the real thing, I have noticed that the number one reason I get my picks is because of QB hits. They're pretty durn important. Wouldn't surprise me is Kelsay was a big part of some of TKO's Ints last season.

Tinboy
07-19-2005, 03:22 AM
"...he (JP) can't do any worse than Bledsoe, who had 43 turnovers in his last 32 games as a Bill."

Amen to that.