PDA

View Full Version : Titan's 3rd pick vs Jaguars' 2nd + playoff contenders?

mysticsoto
07-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Here's a good article about why the Bills FO apparently went with the Titans instead of the Jaguars even though the Jaguars were more desperate and might have possibly coughed up a 2nd rd pick for Travis:

http://www.jaguars.com/story/4471.asp

I'd like to get people's opinions' here - what would you have done? Would you have taken the 2nd instead - even if TH makes the Jaguars that much stronger and possibly be the team we end up battling for a wild card spot? Or do you agree that the 3rd from the Titans will probably be a high 3rd since the Titans aren't expected to make much noise this season and the high 3rd rd pick would be close to a late 2nd anyway...

At 1st, I much preferred the 2nd rd pick, but the more I think about it, the less of a difference I see. If the Jaguars make the playoffs like many are predicting they will, we would get a very late 2nd rd pick anyway. Is it really worth a few sequential picks difference to make their team that much stronger with TH, and possibly hurt our chances in the longer run?

What do you think?

Philagape
07-18-2005, 02:01 PM
The article makes good points. I think not helping a competitor is worth the difference in picks.

HHURRICANE
07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
First off, this article is defending why the Jags did not get Henry. They look pretty stupid negotiating a long term deal with Henry and waiting until Friday to get a trade done. Everyone who reads the news had a pretty good idea that the Titans were interested in Henry as well. Why are the Jags acting so surprised? With that said a second rounder is still better than a third. I'm not that convinced that the Jags are that good. This is a team who got swept by Houston and split with the Titans. TD must have been really nervous about it coming back to bite him:nervous: . Who can blame him?

That Guy
07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Now... I don't really know what the health status of Fred Taylor is. I haven't looked at how long he's gonna be out, or what is even injured.. I just know that he's hurt again. But if trading Travis to the Jaguars in any way kept a healthy Fred Taylor off of the field, I'd do it in a heartbeat, especially with the better pick.

Bulldog
07-18-2005, 03:12 PM
From the reports that I've read the past couple weeks, I'd be very surprised if Taylor is ready for the opener. If Taylor were healthy, there's no way Henry would keep him on the bench. If Taylor is 100%, he's one of the top RB's in the league. But if the injury is as bad as he said it was, I'll be real surprised if he's a factor this season.