PDA

View Full Version : Random FFL question

Mr.Reality
07-18-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm in a keeper league. I have the first pick. That pick is pretty much a given. Tomlinson will be out there, and he will be mine.

I have these guys from last year in which to possibly keep.

FaRVe
Westbrook.
Chad Johnson
Reggie Wayne

I will will probably keep FaRVe, with an outside chance (slim) of keeping Chad Johnson.

Who would you keep? Who is the least likely to be sitting there when I get my second pick (24th)?

Crisis
07-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I'd keep Johnson.

Philagape
07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Chad

Tatonka
07-18-2005, 04:14 PM
how the hell is LT available in a keeper league???

i would keep chad, but it is close between who would most likely be gone, chad and westbrooke could both be gone, depending on what keepers are kept..

personally, i wouldnt even think about keeping farve.. i would keep chad and westbrook out of those guys.. you can get about 10 different qbs that will be as good as farve.. he is not his all pro self from years ago.

Bill Brasky
07-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I would def keep Johnson bro.

I might even keep Wayne, he had monster #'s last year.

Favre might be a keeper as well, if the rest of the league members are keeping good QB's... if there are better ones available go after them.

Shasta McNasty
07-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Johnson slightly over Westbrook.

Tatonka
07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
there is no way that farve is a keeper anymore.. i love the guy, but he is nothing more than an average qb FFwise right now.

there are 10 other guys that are as good as, if not better than him at the qb spot.. why not keep the extra quality RB... they are hard to come by.

Philagape
07-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Favre won me a championship last year :D

Mr.Reality
07-18-2005, 05:01 PM
how the hell is LT available in a keeper league???
You can only keep a guy one year in a row. He kept him last year. He has to let him go this year.

Mr.Reality
07-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I had FaRVe last year. He did me OK. 30 TDs or somewhere thereabouts. Johnson I know will not make it back, probably. FaRVe? He might or might not. If he's gone there'll be a decent QB still sitting there, probably. Somebody comparable. It's pretty much down to FaRVe and Johnson. Westbrook is good, but Buckhalter is back and will probably steal a few TDs from him.

Our starting lineups are like this:

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
K
D
Extra guy: Typically another QB or a RB.

If I keep Johnson, I'll be kind of forced to take a QB with my 2nd or 3rd pick (people in this league will snag up QBs for their extra guys). I could either take a QB and another RB, or a QB and another pretty good receiver and have the all star receiver duo. It's a deep RB year, but I don't want to have only the one RB, even if he's LT.

One thing FaRVe has going for him is a division full of powderpuff defenses. At the same time, the Bengals are on the verge of being fairly explosive on offense--but they have the Steelers and the Ravens to deal with.

jpdex12
07-18-2005, 09:50 PM
That wasn't a fluke year for Wayne. HE benefits from double teams that Harrison gets, plus he is outstanding. Chad has no #2 to benefit from. Chad had an awesome year last year, but Wayne will be a great WR because of who is throwing him the rock.

tampabay25690
07-18-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm in a keeper league. I have the first pick. That pick is pretty much a given. Tomlinson will be out there, and he will be mine.

I have these guys from last year in which to possibly keep.

FaRVe
Westbrook.
Chad Johnson
Reggie Wayne

I will will probably keep FaRVe, with an outside chance (slim) of keeping Chad Johnson.

Who would you keep? Who is the least likely to be sitting there when I get my second pick (24th)?

Thats an easy one CHAD!!!!!

Mr.Reality
07-21-2005, 09:02 AM
In another league, a new league with no keepers, I have the third pick. :snicker:

There was some debate last night over who was the third best player.

Mr.Reality
07-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Any opinions on who the third best guy is?

PhiNomina
07-21-2005, 11:16 AM
QB's are fairly easy to pick up later. I bet you could get Losman pretty easily if you think he is going to have a big year - which he should with the WR's you guys have now. I think it is a toss up between Johnson and Wayne.

Wayne has big weeks but they aren't consistent because of all the other threats.

Johnson may not have as many big days but will rack you points on a consistent basis because he is their only big WR threat.

Just my 2 cents

tampabay25690
07-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Any opinions on who the third best guy is?

Wel possible Priest Holmes, Cullpepper, Manning, Tomlinson would be my choice.......

tampabay25690
07-21-2005, 11:18 AM
QB's are fairly easy to pick up later. I bet you could get Losman pretty easily if you think he is going to have a big year - which he should with the WR's you guys have now. I think it is a toss up between Johnson and Wayne.

Wayne has big weeks but they aren't consistent because of all the other threats.

Johnson may not have as many big days but will rack you points on a consistent basis because he is their only big WR threat.

Just my 2 cents

In a real league Losman will be around near the 10th round I bet, unless its a BUFFALo league and he will probably go quicker

PhiNomina
07-21-2005, 11:23 AM
In a real league Losman will be around near the 10th round I bet, unless its a BUFFALo league and he will probably go quicker
He will go late but probably be a steal. Your offense should be pretty potent this year with Moulds, Evans, and Parrish. There are always a QB or two available late that will get servicable numbers.

I guess in my experience unless its Peyton or Daunte the QB doesn't win you many games, it is most of a constant that you hope to get solid but unspectacular numbers. I think Losman would easily fill that. Collins in OAK might fall quite a bit but he has a much better offense this year with Moss. Boller finally has some WR so he could be a late round steal also. I think your best bet is Losman in the late rounds.

McGahee420
07-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Favre won me a championship last year :D
Me Too!!!! But remember this, Javon walker is threatning to hold out if he doesnt get a deal done, that would be a major blow to having Favre as your QB.

McGahee420
07-21-2005, 02:57 PM
In another league, a new league with no keepers, I have the third pick. :snicker:

There was some debate last night over who was the third best player.

take WILLIS MCGAHEE

Mr.Reality
07-21-2005, 04:51 PM
I'll take Manning or Tomlinson if one of the top two guys slips up.

After that (it's kind of a QB-friendly league as far as the scoring goes) I'm looking at Culpepper, Alexander, maybe Holmes, maybe McAllister, maybe McGahee, maybe McNabb if Owens shows up.

I can play two QBs, or two RBs. Typically there are about three QBs that are among the league leaders in scoring, so I'm not necessarily locked into a RB. There's a good chance I'll take a RB, I'm just sayin'. I'm guessing Manning and Tomlinson will be the first two guys to go.

Crisis
07-21-2005, 04:54 PM
That wasn't a fluke year for Wayne. HE benefits from double teams that Harrison gets, plus he is outstanding. Chad has no #2 to benefit from. Chad had an awesome year last year, but Wayne will be a great WR because of who is throwing him the rock.
Chad has TJ Houshmandzadeh, who emerged last year. Remember TJ, you'll be hearing his name alot this year.

Mr.Reality
07-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Chad has TJ Houshmandzadeh, who emerged last year. Remember TJ, you'll be hearing his name alot this year.
I picked him two years ago in the last round, for the hell of it, trying to be sneaky, and he got hurt right off the bat. :lol: But I agree.