X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Nate or Willis?

Important decisions will have to be made in the next year. How much can we offer Nate and how much do we try to resign Willis for if he has another great year?
    My assessment at this point is that Nate is a proven player, but a top notch CB is easier to replace or come close to replacing than a top notch RB. If I were to predict the unfolding of next year, I say that we get the deal done with Willis after the year, but Nate tries the open market of course with the ole franchise tag tattoed to his ass. We resign Terrence also.

One other thought, will we have cap room to keep Nate if we tag him and no suitors take him?

Let's hear it Zoners...what are your thoughts?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Captain Obvious
    I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
    • Jul 2005

Re: Nate or Willis?

If I had to choose between Willis mcGahee or Nate Clements, I would put a higher priority
    on signing Willis McGahee. Franchise RB with superstar ability is more valuable than a probowl corner as good as Nate is.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

I think you know my answer...I agree with Willis21, a dominant back can control games and ultimtely decide outcomes....

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Simple, Willis
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
          • Feb 2005

i hope TD realives the importance of having nate and reaiving hes vital to our defence
          Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I'm sure he does.

I just hope the priority goes to Willis. I'd like to watch some offense for a change.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

No question Willis.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12
                Important decisions will have to be made in the next year. How much can we offer Nate and how much do we try to resign Willis for if he has another great year?
                My assessment at this point is that Nate is a proven player, but a top notch CB is easier to replace or come close to replacing than a top notch RB. If I were to predict the unfolding of next year, I say that we get the deal done with Willis after the year, but Nate tries the open market of course with the ole franchise tag tattoed to his ass. We resign Terrence also.

One other thought, will we have cap room to keep Nate if we tag him and no suitors take him?

Let's hear it Zoners...what are your thoughts?
                Well what would be the hole big deal about getting Henry out of here, of course the BILLS have put there priorities on WILLIS and they should!!!
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                  Well what would be the hole big deal about getting Henry out of here, of course the BILLS have put there priorities on WILLIS and they should!!!
                  But you know what kind of jack Rosenhaus is going to want if Willis puts up 1500 yards this season. It's not a no brainer because of the ramifications of a contract that Rosenhaus will want. Will TD have the wallet to step up to the plate. I think Willis is the higher priority but there are more factors to think about than just getting Henry out of here to show that Willis is our man. If we think that Nate will command high pay, wait until we see what Willis will be worth.
                  It's gonna be interesting!
                  Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Between the 2 I think its fairly obvious who we should keep. With that said I think we need to sign Nate long term before the season starts. We took a big chance on Willis. We got rid of our pro bowl back for him. Willis better live up to his contract for at least 2 more years and then if he plays as well as we think he will then we can talk about Portis type contract.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

I think it all depends on how Willis plays this season. But if he plays as well as we hope he does, I think priority goes to Willis.

Dont get me wrong... Nate's a good CB, maybe one of the top 5 in the league. But Willis is just special. I know we all talked about his 'potential' during the draft and his earlier years with us, but more and more, -it's looking like this 'potential' is turning into a reality.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

I would think the Buffalo would want to keep both of them.

I dont' think the Bills cap situation is such that they couldn't keep both of them if they wanted. Obviously, there is negotiating involved in finding terms agreeable to the player but structured in such a way to let the team balance the rest of their needs.

However, you probably would want to keep your best young players long-term. The cap issues can be managed and other players are repaceable, but if you have a top-notch CB (and return man) and a franchise RB it is in the team's best interest to sign them both.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

I love Willis and all but I actually think it is easier to find a quality running back then it is to find a quality corner.

Comment

• McGahee420
                            • Jun 2005

This is the scenerio I hope to see pan out. I hope that we have a great year so that Willis realizes this. Then he understands that we should try to sign Nate back. Willis still has two more years on his contract, and TD will sign him before the beginning of next season. We should start talking to Nate now and see what he is interested in doing. I mean it will be a long shot for this too happen. If not, I say we go after Willis, like everyone is saying, a dominate back changes the game. Terrence McGee will be a star and we have some real quality back ups that could start on a lot of teams in greer and thomas. Anyways, I hope we can get both, but its going to be tough. TD is the man at working things out, so lets hope he can use some magic in this situation.

GO BILLS!!!

The Patriots reign is over

Tom Brady and Bill B------>

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                              I love Willis and all but I actually think it is easier to find a quality running back then it is to find a quality corner.
                              I disagree. I think Willis is in a class/level above and he proved it by taken the job away from Travis. And I also believe that our depth at CB is MUCH higher than our depth at RB. Jabari Greer may be ready to step up, he played decent last year. Eric King (the newly drafted kid) also seems to be one of those type A personalities that just doesn't give up until he's the best at something. He may emerge as a prospect to be in the starting lineup...next year - perhaps at nickel...

Comment

Working...
                              X