PDA

View Full Version : Why are we so worried?

carybillsfan
07-19-2005, 08:53 AM
I only pose this question to get answers. Sure Clements is in the last year of his contract and sure Willis will bust out this and want a huge payday. But from what I've seen, the salary cap should increase over $10mil next season, due to the new huge TV contracts. So why are we worried? Franchise nate at the end of the year and resign them both to contract extensions. Don't worry about next offseason. And one more kicker if a new CBA is not signed there will be no cap for the 2007 season. (but unlike those idiots on the ice they'll get the deal done.)

OpIv37
07-19-2005, 09:52 AM
2 things- $10 million isn't enough to sign Willis and Clements. And if the teams have $10 million more to play with, it will just make Drew Rosenass demand more money because he'll know it's available.

As problematic as the salary cap is, I'll be seriously pissed if there's an uncapped year because it will allow the Redskins and Titans to get themselves out of self-imposed salary cap jail. Snyder makes me nervous- I wouldn't be surprised if he blocks any CBA until AFTER 2007 just so he can do two things:
1. Clear up the cap hell they're in now
2. Sign an all-star team with all the Skins' money buy paying players $2 million a season with $35 million signing bonuses in the uncapped year.

Static
07-19-2005, 10:08 AM
2 things- $10 million isn't enough to sign Willis and Clements. And if the teams have $10 million more to play with, it will just make Drew Rosenass demand more money because he'll know it's available.

As problematic as the salary cap is, I'll be seriously pissed if there's an uncapped year because it will allow the Redskins and Titans to get themselves out of self-imposed salary cap jail. Snyder makes me nervous- I wouldn't be surprised if he blocks any CBA until AFTER 2007 just so he can do two things:
1. Clear up the cap hell they're in now
2. Sign an all-star team with all the Skins' money buy paying players $2 million a season with $35 million signing bonuses in the uncapped year.

Don't forget about Jerry Jones he would love to buy a super bowl too.

Night Train
07-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Some people enjoy inducing ulcers.