• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Prisco: Camp battles: AFC East

Buffalo Bills
    Ron Edwards vs. Tim Anderson, defensive tackle

The Bills lost Pat Williams to the Vikings in free agency, creating a huge (360-pound) void in the middle of their line. Replacing him will be tough. But Anderson is a second-year player from Ohio State they are high on. He's not big at 300 pounds, but he plays hard and he had a good offseason. Edwards started 16 games in 2003, so he has the ability to be a starter, but he doesn't have as much upside as Anderson.

Edge: It seems as if Anderson has it heading into camp because he did so well in the offseason work. Edwards is the bigger man (320 pounds) and the more experienced of the two, so that could help his case.

Opening-day starter: Anderson. The Bills were praising him too much the past five months for him to be on the bench. Plus, he has a chance to be a darn good player.

Shutup again Ublink
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Prisco: Camp battles: AFC East

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    Buffalo Bills

The Bills lost Pat Williams to the Vikings in free agency, creating a huge (360-pound) void in the middle of their line. Replacing him will be tough. But Anderson is a second-year player from Ohio State they are high on. He's not big at 300 pounds, but he plays hard and he had a good offseason. Edwards started 16 games in 2003, so he has the ability to be a starter, but he doesn't have as much upside as Anderson.

Edge: It seems as if Anderson has it heading into camp because he did so well in the offseason work. Edwards is the bigger man (320 pounds) and the more experienced of the two, so that could help his case.

Opening-day starter: Anderson. The Bills were praising him too much the past five months for him to be on the bench. Plus, he has a chance to be a darn good player.

Shutup again Ublink
    Pat Williams was not 360 lbs...Mike Williams is. Sounds like he's got the stats confused and really doesn't know what he's talking about...like most analysts that address the Bills...they just look at the stats and try and guess at something to say so they can keep their jobs.

Pat is currently listed in Minnesota at 317 lbs.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

I really haven't heard much of anything about Tim Anderson, or his progress, this offseason.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I don't think it matters too much whether Anderson or Edwards is the nominal starter. They will both be in the rotation with Big Sam, and probably either Bannan or Sape. Anderson may be better against the run, while Edwards is a proven pass rusher.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Captain Obvious
          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Buffalo Bills

Shutup again Ublink
          didn't Ron Edwards make 16 starts in 2002 as opposed to 2003?

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Schobel94
            The Sack Master
            • Jan 2003

If Pat Williams is 317 then he doesn't carry it very well at all. He looks really fat, 350 plus at least. Compared to Mike Williams who came in at 375 and actually looks very svelte, no real gut or double chin. I'd be surprised if Pat can even see his feet.
            Beware the sack master!

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WILLIS21
              didn't Ron Edwards make 16 starts in 2002 as opposed to 2003?
              Yeah he did...looks like Prisco doesn't check his facts very well...we had Sam Adams in 2003...starting with that interception for a TD Opening Day against the Pats
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Stoneludlow
                aka: STONEHENGE
                • May 2005

Philster does it again, show his knowledge of Bills facts.
                This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
                  If Pat Williams is 317 then he doesn't carry it very well at all. He looks really fat, 350 plus at least. Compared to Mike Williams who came in at 375 and actually looks very svelte, no real gut or double chin. I'd be surprised if Pat can even see his feet.
                  pat williams is definately not 317.. i would say 330 or so at a MINIMUM.. but he is also alot shorter than mike williams... MWs is like 6'8" and i think PW is like 6'2".
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• AndreReed83
                    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                    • Mar 2004

I think we are going to be surprised by Ron Edwards this coming season. He'll do real well.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      Sab and TD are insignificant
                      • Sep 2002

Why do you keep telling me to shut up, turd?
                      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        Why do you keep telling me to shut up, turd?
                        Your avatar sucks

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        it's already been posted pal.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          • Sep 2002

good.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            • Sep 2002

At least I'm not so ugly that I make freight trains take dirt roads.

Comment

Working...
                            X