PDA

View Full Version : LT next year?

Akhippo
07-19-2005, 01:15 PM
With all the draft gurus praising the LT prospects for next year, and Buffalos lack of a LT, is would seem very likely they would be in the market to pick up one with our first pick.
Everybody seems to be proclaiming doom for the line since Buffalo has no quality at that position. So Im sure most would jump at the chance to select a blue chipper in the first.
So here is the curious question. When our pick comes in the first, and there is a LT with cant miss pro bowl potential and a DE with the same potential, and given our current roster, which would you pick.

Philisophical Troll
07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
With all the draft gurus praising the LT prospects for next year, and Buffalos lack of a LT, is would seem very likely they would be in the market to pick up one with our first pick.
Everybody seems to be proclaiming doom for the line since Buffalo has no quality at that position. So Im sure most would jump at the chance to select a blue chipper in the first.
So here is the curious question. When our pick comes in the first, and there is a LT with cant miss pro bowl potential and a DE with the same potential, and given our current roster, which would you pick.
I completely agree, but knowing this idiot Donahoe he will likely draft a WR or RB especially if you finish bad and have a top pick.

That is a tough proposition, but this line needs to be addressed so I would take the LT over a DE unless the DE is a complete superstar i.e. Bruce Smith waiting to happen.

mysticsoto
07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
I probably pick a DE b'cse the class of OTs is large for 2006 and we will still get a quality OT in the 2nd rd. This past year, 2 OTs were taken in the 1st rd, 4 OTs in the 2nd and 2 OTs in the 3rd. The currently ranked OTs will move up and down based on what they do this coming year, but there's probably a good 10-15 decent Tackles. We should be able to get a decent one in the 2nd rd. The list of good DEs is probably more like half that, that have potential. After that, there's a dropoff. Of course, if Gauss were to show alot of potential this year, the priority in getting another DE would probably drop and switch to a DT (again only a small class of good quality DT are available) for Sam's possible replacement of backup (in case Tim Anderson doesn't pan out - or even if he does...you still need quality backup).

TigerJ
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I'll wait and see how this year pans out first.

AndreReed83
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm with Troll on this one. A can't miss probowl LT is much more important to this team right now then a DE of equal skill. I couldn't really argue with either though.

BillsOwnAll
07-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Yah......trainging camps starts in what 9 days now?....and were tlaking about enxt years draft? how bout...THIS YEARS STARTING LT!!!

jamze132
07-20-2005, 05:39 AM
How about this years kicker?

Night Train
07-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Who cares ? No mater what TD does, half the wannabe GM's here will cry like babies. It garners the attention they crave.

I don't care what round certain players are drafted in, as long as they can play. I believe 3 of the 4 Day 1 draft picks will be an OT,CB and DT. A RB could also be a possibility. The UFA signing period in March could fill a couple of holes.

Jan Reimers
07-20-2005, 07:15 AM
I'll wait and see how this year pans out first.
My thought exactly, TigerJ. Let's see how Gandy - or whomever wins the LT position - performs this year before we assume the need for a new LT next season.

Sometimes, guys turn out to be pleasant surprises.

bigbub2352
07-20-2005, 07:33 AM
I LIKE CHRIS KELSAY, I THINK WE WILL BE FINE THERE, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM PICK UP A BIG MAN AT LT THEN TRADE OUR TWO THIRDS TO GET ANOTHER SECOND AND USE ONE OF THEM ON A TOP FLIGHT SAFTEY