PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the Bills could angle for Jaguars' 2nd

ghz in pittsburgh
07-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Listen to Donahoe's press conference:

-------

"We were told last weekend by Jacksonville that they were going to work Fred Taylor out on Monday (July 11), which they did. We talked to them Monday afternoon and they told us they weren't interested in Travis. They thought Fred Taylor was going to be fine when training camp started. So talks really heated up with Tennessee on Tuesday. Tuesday evening after we had verbally agreed to a deal with Tennessee, Jacksonville attempted to get back into it. I told Jacksonville Tuesday evening, we have a deal in principle with Tennessee. If something changes we'll get back to you.

"We didn't hear back from them 'til probably Friday evening. We had turned the deal into the league, and Friday evening around 5:30 is when the league approved the language of the trade. "Jacksonville was really up and down and couldn't seem to make up their mind what they wanted to do," Donahoe added.

-----

Well Mr. Donahoe, did it occur to you that Jacksonville were doing the common negotiation ploy, pretend to be uninterested and then come back in a stronger position? Maybe they went out their way to verify what you told them is true that the Titans actually offerred a 3rd round pick, which may explain they came back into the fold Tuesday evening?

If you have to pick on this trade, I'll start from here. If Donahoe waited one more day, maybe he can squeeze more out of this trade?

Mr. Miyagi
07-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Or maybe the Jags were changing their minds back and forth, and when they realized they lost out on it, they cried "well I was going to give you a 2nd!"

Boo hoo.

I'd rather take the Titans' high 3rd knowing they're no threat to us, then the Jags' mid 2nd risking shooting ourselves in the foot comes playoff time.

L.A. Playa
07-19-2005, 01:34 PM
I agree with Miyagi, there could be a scenario where the Bills and Jaguars face each other in the first round of the playoffs in Buffalo with Travis starting for the Jags, I wouldnt want a player with revenge on his mind in the first round of the playoffs

Drive 4 Five
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Listen to Donahoe's press conference:

-------

"We were told last weekend by Jacksonville that they were going to work Fred Taylor out on Monday (July 11), which they did. We talked to them Monday afternoon and they told us they weren't interested in Travis. They thought Fred Taylor was going to be fine when training camp started. So talks really heated up with Tennessee on Tuesday. Tuesday evening after we had verbally agreed to a deal with Tennessee, Jacksonville attempted to get back into it. I told Jacksonville Tuesday evening, we have a deal in principle with Tennessee. If something changes we'll get back to you.

"We didn't hear back from them 'til probably Friday evening. We had turned the deal into the league, and Friday evening around 5:30 is when the league approved the language of the trade. "Jacksonville was really up and down and couldn't seem to make up their mind what they wanted to do," Donahoe added.

-----

Well Mr. Donahoe, did it occur to you that Jacksonville were doing the common negotiation ploy, pretend to be uninterested and then come back in a stronger position? Maybe they went out their way to verify what you told them is true that the Titans actually offerred a 3rd round pick, which may explain they came back into the fold Tuesday evening?

If you have to pick on this trade, I'll start from here. If Donahoe waited one more day, maybe he can squeeze more out of this trade?

What's done is done. Get over it already. I'm happy that we got the 3rd round pick from the Titans, considering all the jerks in the media (and some fans) who proclaimed that Donahoe was a fool for not taking the 4th or 5th round pick the Titans offered on draft day.

Patrick76777
07-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Or maybe the Jags were changing their minds back and forth, and when they realized they lost out on it, they cried "well I was going to give you a 2nd!"

Boo hoo.

I'd rather take the Titans' high 3rd knowing they're no threat to us, then the Jags' mid 2nd risking shooting ourselves in the foot comes playoff time.

Agreed, Plus the Jags will probably pick mid to late 2nd round where as the Titans should be terrible this year and have an early third round pick.

We're really only talking 10 to 15 spots in the draft.

That plus TD hinted that he'll probably use the pick to move around in the draft. So we'll probably package the 32 pick in the first round with the Henry pick to move into the middle of the first round.

mysticsoto
07-19-2005, 01:38 PM

Boo hoo.

TH would end up making the Jags a much stronger team and they would probably make the playoffs and possibly bump us out. At the very least, they would most likely be giving us a late 2nd rounder then. The Titans will probably be one of the worst teams and end up with low record/hi pick. Which means the 3rd rd pick will be pretty high. Is the...15 or so spots higher that we might pick at IF the Jaguars did give us a 2nd (and for all we know maybe they were only offering a conditional which TD didn't want) worth risking for the playoffs. Hopefully we will have a late 2nd rounder ourselves if we go to the playoffs, so rather than risk competing against a team that could contend and be stronger with TH, it was better to take the high 3rd pick which won't be bad at all. TD did the right thing.

SabreEleven
07-19-2005, 03:03 PM
So we'll probably package the 32 pick in the first round with the Henry pick to move into the middle of the first round.
:pray:

Tatonka
07-19-2005, 05:03 PM
sounds like the jags trying to save face too.. they really needed henry and their fans are livid.. sorry.. this is on them.. they blew it.. we got what we asked for all along.. a high third round pick.