PDA

View Full Version : THIS season

oldno711
07-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Why are some people on here so fn negative about the team this year (and by some people I mean some Bills fans, not the phili troll)? I read one post that praises TD for his trade with the Titans and another that looks into a crystal ball and bashes him for picks he will make in 2006??? When he drafted McGahee everyone was up in arms....now that he's a superstar in the making everyone has embraced the decision with open arms. Many are still questioning the Roscoe pick, which I think is completely unwarranted -- I am a HUGE uva fan and absolutely dreaded playing against that guy. In the 2nd and 3rd TD took who he felt were the best players available...two players thought to give extra options for a young and unproven QB. Two playmakers.
I am not by any means a hopeless optimist. I definitely have my concerns about this season, but regardless of what happened in the past or what will happen in the future we need to concentrate on THIS season. If Losman can limit his mistakes (which I think he will) and our OL can pull it together and prove everyone on this message board wrong (which I think they might), we have a real shot of having a great season. Has anyone considered giving Gandy and Anderson a shot until they prove us otherwise? McNally has.
Here's to taking control of the AFC East THIS year and showing all these numnut fball analysts they don't know shi......

mysticsoto
07-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Why are some people on here so fn negative about the team this year (and by some people I mean some Bills fans, not the phili troll)? I read one post that praises TD for his trade with the Titans and another that looks into a crystal ball and bashes him for picks he will make in 2006??? When he drafted McGahee everyone was up in arms....now that he's a superstar in the making everyone has embraced the decision with open arms. Many are still questioning the Roscoe pick, which I think is completely unwarranted -- I am a HUGE uva fan and absolutely dreaded playing against that guy. In the 2nd and 3rd TD took who he felt were the best players available...two players thought to give extra options for a young and unproven QB. Two playmakers.
I am not by any means a hopeless optimist. I definitely have my concerns about this season, but regardless of what happened in the past or what will happen in the future we need to concentrate on THIS season. If Losman can limit his mistakes (which I think he will) and our OL can pull it together and prove everyone on this message board wrong (which I think they might), we have a real shot of having a great season. Has anyone considered giving Gandy and Anderson a shot until they prove us otherwise? McNally has.
Here's to taking control of the AFC East THIS year and showing all these numnut fball analysts they don't know shi......
Well, everybody thinks they know more and could do better for the team as a pseudo-GM than TD who works with these people and does this for a living. And I guess they have a need to criticize any little thing that goes against what they believe should happen. Some people will criticize no matter what. There were a bunch of people here after the draft saying that TD should have took the 4th rd pick offered for TH when he had the chance. TD sticks to his ask and lo and behold he gets his 3rd - now there is silence on that topic here. All those criticizing remain extra quiet for a little while. I think one person admitted that he was wrong...I'll admit that I haven't always liked TD's decisions (McGahee being one of them), but I've come to trust his decision making, as he usually comes through in his decisions. Does he hit 100% ? No, of course not - but no GM does. I think TD and the whole FO are doing a great job in turning Buffalo around and making them a strong team that other teams are going to dread to face!!!

Pride
07-20-2005, 08:00 AM
First things first... this is a message board.

Most of what is said here are things that are on peoples minds... not necessarily their true feelings.

It is a looong offseason, and part of the fun is doubting how the team is managed, how it will do, and how individual players will perform.

If we all came in here with rose colored glasses, this would be a VERY boring website.

The problem is, you read 20 threads, started by 20 different people, each of whom have 1 thing they are concerned about. It makes you believe everyone has a negative concern. Not true. Take each post for what it is... an opinion or comment... and try to wade through it to see that we all love the Bills, but also enjoy being skeptics!

mysticsoto
07-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Well, everybody thinks they know more and could do better for the team as a pseudo-GM than TD who works with these people and does this for a living. And I guess they have a need to criticize any little thing that goes against what they believe should happen. Some people will criticize no matter what. There were a bunch of people here after the draft saying that TD should have took the 4th rd pick offered for TH when he had the chance. TD sticks to his ask and lo and behold he gets his 3rd - now there is silence on that topic here. All those criticizing remain extra quiet for a little while. I think one person admitted that he was wrong...I'll admit that I haven't always liked TD's decisions (McGahee being one of them), but I've come to trust his decision making, as he usually comes through in his decisions. Does he hit 100% ? No, of course not - but no GM does. I think TD and the whole FO are doing a great job in turning Buffalo around and making them a strong team that other teams are going to dread to face!!!
To whoever negged me for my post above, atleast have the decency to say who you are and why you are negging me. Apparently it's okay to criticize TD but it is not okay to criticize a pseudo-GM here who may have been proven wrong??? Don't be a coward and sign your name when you neg someone!!!

oldno711
07-20-2005, 10:26 AM
First things first... this is a message board.

Most of what is said here are things that are on peoples minds... not necessarily their true feelings.

It is a looong offseason, and part of the fun is doubting how the team is managed, how it will do, and how individual players will perform.

If we all came in here with rose colored glasses, this would be a VERY boring website.

The problem is, you read 20 threads, started by 20 different people, each of whom have 1 thing they are concerned about. It makes you believe everyone has a negative concern. Not true. Take each post for what it is... an opinion or comment... and try to wade through it to see that we all love the Bills, but also enjoy being skeptics!My glasses are definitely not rose colored, but I see what you're saying. I'm just not a fan of those who completely bash a move when it's questionable (or won't happen for another year) and then embrace it when it pans out. I saw it happen with McGahee, Evans, and the Henry trade and I can see it happening with Roscoe, Nate, and our O-Line. We're in for a very respectable season at worst and I think our Bills are going to surprise a lot of folks this year.