PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Losman Article

Schobel94
07-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Good article, I didn't know any of that stuff about him, he is a very complex fella. I just hope is he a good baller as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2005-07-20-losman-cover_x.htm

ghz in pittsburgh
07-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I don't know how many good articles have been written about Losman this off season. Is it just a collective wish or a good goodwill marketing by the Bills? But I can not erase the image I saw in last year's NE game in which he played. We'll see if that was indeed a wake up call to Losman ...

In any event, the following quote really impressed me:
Here is just how confident: "People come up to me all the time from my hometown or from college and say, 'Oh, I'm so happy to see that you made it.' And I'm like, 'I didn't make nothin' yet.' This is not my goal. My goal is to be one of the best who ever played."

The_Philster
07-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Nice find, Schobel :up:

Philagape
07-20-2005, 09:03 PM
I found it first (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=75964) :D

Tatonka
07-20-2005, 09:27 PM
good ****ing article..

how can you dislike this guy? how can you NOT root for him?

i cant wait for the preseason to start so we can see him.

as bad as he looked in that NE game.. i also remember thinking how great he looked in the preseason prior to his injury.. i really have not been this excited about any single player in over a decade.

Mr. Cynical
07-21-2005, 12:01 AM
One of my favorite parts:

"Losman frequents Buffalo's hot spots — the bars on Chippewa Street, the restaurants on Elmwood Avenue. He spends time with a University of Buffalo student he met at one, although they don't call it dating."

And he lives downtown to boot. This guy is definitely no RJ surfer dude. I'm really glad I read this. He may not pan out, but at least it won't be for lack of trying or some BS attitude.

ublinkwescore
07-21-2005, 12:22 AM
I'd still kill for RJ's life right now - fat house by the beach - millions of dollars saved up from ripping the Bills off, what more could you ask for (except I'd rather have ripped off the Dolphins for my beachhouse).

ryjam282
07-21-2005, 05:45 AM
Great article. Lots of very interesting stuff about him. I can't wait to see him in action.

mysticsoto
07-21-2005, 06:22 AM
One of my favorite parts:

"Losman frequents Buffalo's hot spots — the bars on Chippewa Street, the restaurants on Elmwood Avenue. He spends time with a University of Buffalo student he met at one, although they don't call it dating."

And he lives downtown to boot. This guy is definitely no RJ surfer dude. I'm really glad I read this. He may not pan out, but at least it won't be for lack of trying or some BS attitude.

This was my favorite part! I love competitor type people. I think they make the best athletes...just look at Michael Jordan!!!

Competitive nature: Stayed up until 3 in the morning to beat his 13-year-old cousin's score on a computer game, then woke her up to brag. "That is not cool. I don't want to be that person. But I am. For whatever reason, it's just in me."

Earthquake Enyart
07-21-2005, 07:27 AM
He's just like me. An adventurer-traveler-historian-philosopher.

Wish I had a UB co-ed with benefits. :naughty:

I like everything I read. I just hope like hell it works out.

jason700
07-21-2005, 07:51 AM
The guy is a complete bust waiting to happen IMO. He has very low intelligence. He is going to make Heath Shuler and Ryan Leaf looks like NFL gems.

There is a reason everyone said he was a reach in the 1st round last year. He surely will not pan out like Roethlisberger already has and Eli Manning who is going to have a big year this year.

Jan Reimers
07-21-2005, 08:00 AM
I love JP's attitude, but I think the real hero in this story is his mom. JP wouldn't be here if she hadn't held things together.

mysticsoto
07-21-2005, 08:08 AM
The guy is a complete bust waiting to happen IMO. He has very low intelligence. He is going to make Heath Shuler and Ryan Leaf looks like NFL gems.

There is a reason everyone said he was a reach in the 1st round last year. He surely will not pan out like Roethlisberger already has and Eli Manning who is going to have a big year this year.

Low intelligence? And what do you base that on? He had a 3.1 GPA in school? He now knows the playbook and terminology so well, he's correcting coaches. If you are going to make blanket statements, make sure you are able to back it up with something...

Philagape
07-21-2005, 08:34 AM

The invasion from Bizarro World continues. There are two outright lies in here: 1. "very low intelligence"; 2. "everyone said he was a reach."

Out. Right. Lies. Not just wrong opinions, but wrong facts.

Voltron
07-21-2005, 08:37 AM
I'd still kill for RJ's life right now - fat house by the beach - millions of dollars saved up from ripping the Bills off, what more could you ask for (except I'd rather have ripped off the Dolphins for my beachhouse).
don't forget that nice Super bowl ring he got for holding a clip board :rolleyes:

Meathead
07-21-2005, 08:56 AM
i really have not been this excited about any single player in over a decade.
I'd go with McGahee. He looks like a budding superstar.

Meathead
07-21-2005, 08:59 AM
He spends time with a University of Buffalo student he met at one, although they don't call it dating.

I call it having some chick milk the willie for me.

Voltron
07-21-2005, 09:02 AM
I call it having some chick milk the willie for me.
sperm dumpster :D

imbondz
07-21-2005, 09:10 AM
75% of the voter said we're not making the playoffs :mad:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/front.htm

Shasta McNasty
07-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Jason700 you are an imbecile, piss off. Did you read the article? Ublink, yea RJ blah blah blah, I would not take any pride in what he did. Your a sap to admire that.

I have bumped into JP 3 times this summer,two of the times he was with Stamer. Crock, Soho and LeftBank. Guy is a cool cat and based on our convos he def realizes the opportunity in front of him and from what I read is doing everything in his power to flourish. Good vibes, I hope he works out, one thing for sure its not for a lack of determination and commitment.

Good article.

Stewie
07-21-2005, 10:27 AM
By the way, this article is also the lead on the front of today's USATODAY sports page. You know, the one printed on recycled paper. There's a huge picture of JP flipping a football in downtown buffalo on the top half cover, and another picture of him standing by the waterfront on the inside. Made good crapper reading this morning, since I'm on the road and get a free copy at my hotel.

Bill Brasky
07-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Exactly. All you can ask of him is to try, and he certainly has shown everybody that's what he's doing.

The only thing we as fans need to understand is that it's not going to happen overnight (him being an amazing QB). I think he is a little stressed, as evident in this article when he said by week 3 or 4 he should know whether or not he'll make it in the NFL... I think he needs more time to figure that out, and we as fans shouldn't be quick to jump all over him for "rookie" mistakes that is he obviously going to make. Guys like Favre and Brady didn't figure it out until they were given time and the right opportunities, and I think we should expect the same thing out of him. Even Peyton Manning had a horrible season as a starter when he came into the league and Joe Montana didn't even start til halfway through his second season.

I know most of us want to win right now, but it might take us a couple more seasons before we are a legit powerhouse w/ this guy, and I think it can happen.

HAMMER
07-21-2005, 11:57 AM

Not everyone thought he was such a reach, both St. Louis and Green Bay wanted him but we jumped up and grabbed him. That tells me there are three teams at minimum that coveted him. One of them being a team that has one of the better QB's of all time on their roster. Ziiiiiiiip it loser!

Gunzlingr
07-21-2005, 01:58 PM
How can you help but love that guy.

Voltron
07-21-2005, 02:05 PM
By the way, this article is also the lead on the front of today's USATODAY sports page. You know, the one printed on recycled paper. There's a huge picture of JP flipping a football in downtown buffalo on the top half cover, and another picture of him standing by the waterfront on the inside. Made good crapper reading this morning, since I'm on the road and get a free copy at my hotel.
I cut out the front page picture and hung it up outside my cube :up:

Tatonka
07-21-2005, 03:54 PM
i am excited about mcgahee.. but i already don't like the fact that he is with drew rosendick as his agent, and he comes across as a player that i am not going to like in a year when he pulls a TO.. plus, while i was excited about him, it was not like we didnt have agood RB w/ henry at the time.. so it wasnt a huge need...

JP is more exciting to me because we have been in such desperate need for a good qb, a franchise qb for so long, that his potential just has me giddy.. i just pray it is realized.

HAMMER
07-21-2005, 06:53 PM
i am excited about mcgahee.. but i already don't like the fact that he is with drew rosendick as his agent, and he comes across as a player that i am not going to like in a year when he pulls a TO.. plus, while i was excited about him, it was not like we didnt have agood RB w/ henry at the time.. so it wasnt a huge need...

JP is more exciting to me because we have been in such desperate need for a good qb, a franchise qb for so long, that his potential just has me giddy.. i just pray it is realized.

I fear the same thing, in fact I think Rosenpenis already told Willis, "be ready to light it up and we'll cash in in the spring". That being said, if he comes out and leads the league then I think you spend the big bucks and lock him down.