X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Report from Clayton...Verba??

A small blurb on Buffalo by Clayton recently in the website suggests that Buffalo could possibly be thinking Verba now that Henry is gone and there is a little more cap room left...I think we need him,I really dont trust Gandy as the starting LT.. ..watcha think....
  • CAbills
    • Jul 2004

Re: Report from Clayton...Verba??

TD said in his press conference that we were not looking to bringing Verba in. So take that as you like.
    Lets Go Buffalo!
    Boiler Up!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by CAbills
      TD said in his press conference that we were not looking to bringing Verba in. So take that as you like.
      recently?

Comment

• djjimkelly
        • Apr 2003

no i heard TD on sirius he said they are in contact with his agent on a weekly basis not for serious interest but to feel for what situation and what market is dictating so u take that for what its worth

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Donahoe is waiting for Verba to lower his demands to a one year deal or something and then he'll pounce on him, IMO.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by CAbills
            I take it that we are probably in serious negotiation with the guy. After all, TD is the master of deception, misdirection and disinformation.

And even though I'm a Gandy supporter, I wouldn't mind bringing in Verba at the right price.
            Last edited by Jan Reimers; 07-21-2005, 06:05 AM.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

I still think we should go into camp with what we have. If someone struggles, then bring in help. I'd like to see the remaining cap used for extensions.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                I still think we should go into camp with what we have. If someone struggles, then bring in help. I'd like to see the remaining cap used for extensions.
                But if you wait too long, you may miss out on a good thing. It's obvious that our O-line couldhave been better for a few years now. If there is an opportunity to make it better, than it might be wise to do so.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                  But if you wait too long, you may miss out on a good thing. It's obvious that our O-line couldhave been better for a few years now. If there is an opportunity to make it better, than it might be wise to do so.
                  Well as it stands, we don't have $5 million to pay Verba, so up and until he lowers that amt, we just cannot bring him in even if we wanted to. Verba needs a little realism in his life. No one is going to give him $5 million - and if he prefers to retire than to lower the asking amount, then I don't want him. I want people with heart on our team - and I'm starting to wonder if he has it. By now I would've expected him to start lowering that amt and there's been no news or signs showing that he has.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                    • Mar 2004

i think hes a decent player, but i think he wants too much money. I would love him on the team but he just wants too much money and who knows maybe he wont be worth it.
                    Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                      I really dont trust Gandy as the starting LT.. ..watcha think....
                      But you'd trust Verba?

PS - John Clayton doesn't know anything. He's about as worthless as Peter Gammons.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
                        But you'd trust Verba?

PS - John Clayton doesn't know anything. He's about as worthless as Peter Gammons.
                        Id trust him more than Gandy...Gandy has little experience, and the time he did play he was pretty bad...We are thin at tackle, and I dont trust Gandy covering our rookies blind side. Clayton could be just speaking out of his a$$, but I'm hoping theres some truth to it.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                          Too sober for this...
                          • Apr 2004

What trust? There's no trust involved. Once they are in camp it's 'best man wins'. Nobody gets the position on name or reputation. Whoever earns it based on McNally's judging gets the position. The battle is then that much more fierce. I still believe people shouldn't count Peters out, but we'll see...

Comment

• McGahee420
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            What trust? There's no trust involved. Once they are in camp it's 'best man wins'. Nobody gets the position on name or reputation. Whoever earns it based on McNally's judging gets the position. The battle is then that much more fierce. I still believe people shouldn't count Peters out, but we'll see...
                            Yeah, where is peters in all of this? I mean they were saying how well this kid was playing and McNally even said he could be a stud on the line if coached right. I think Verba would be a nice addition to the line, but personally I would like to see what McNally does and see what happens from there. I would rather use the cap money to sign our draft picks and to get some contact extensions done, especially Clements and McGee

JP relieving stress------->

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                              But you'd trust Verba?

I hope that your kidding about Clayton and Gammons.

Comment

Working...
                              X