• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obi wan
    • Jul 2005

Email Tom Donahoe

asktomdonahoe@wkbw.com

Here was mine:

As the season approaches quickly. I beg you. Find a replacement for Lindel. He WILL COST US GAMES. If the Pats had had Lindel the past 4 years do you beleive they would have won any of the 3 Superbowls? I dont care what anyone says about his "numbers" looking good. If you dont have the confidence to let someone try a 40 yarder than yes your numbers may look good compared to those kickers who do try 40 and 50 yarders consistantly. Thats like saying your kid is a straight A student in a community college and saying he is as good a hire as a straight A student in an Ivy League school.

I beg you TD. Replace him. Bring in somebody at least to compete. Someone with some experience and potential. Even an older Steve Christie. Then let Mooreman kick off. There has to be a solution. In my opinion this is our biggest weakness. I have all the confidance in the rest of this team but god help us this year if we go into this season with Rian "Kickoff to the 20" Lindell.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Email Tom Donahoe

I've been somewhat disappointed in Lindell, too, particularly in his lack of leg strength on kickoffs. I'm just not sure that he's the complete disaster that many people think he is, and I don't think there are many kickers out there who are better.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• McGahee420
      • Jun 2005

Rian Lindell is terrible, This kid cost us the playoffs on his legs. I mean, he missed a kick in the home opener, which cost us the game against the Jags. If I recall correctly, it was only a 30+ yard attempt. Then he missed that chip shot agaisnt the steelers, which pretty much ruined any chance we had in that game. He is the worst kicker ever. Even though his number were ok, look at how they go threw, they are never down the middle, but always hooking and barely making it through. I hope he gets cut. I can't stand having him on the Bills, he is for sure our worst player. Damn my buddies that played soccer could kick 40+ yarders with consistency, I know, Ive seen them do it. LINDELL SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Here are mine:

Some questions from Mystic in Rochester:

1. How worried are you about our LT position? Gandy has been injured often, and Jason Peters has little experience in that position. Would you consider Trey Teague at LT if Gandy struggles or is injured?

2. Which of the undrafted agents do you think might be able to make an impact to the team? Are there any front runners yet that have impressed you and Mularkey?

3. Did Jacksonville ever offer a 2nd round 2006 pick or a 2nd round conditional pick for Travis Henry…if they had, would you have considered trading Henry to them?

4. Is there any news on Everett's recovery? Are you comfortable with our TE situation? Why was Gomez let go so early? Might he not have been a good option to play TE and the long snapper's duties?

5. If Ross Verba lowered his asking amount, would he be considered to be brought in?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by obi wan
          http://www.wkbw.com/sports.aspx?prev...&NStoryID=4846

asktomdonahoe@wkbw.com

Here was mine:

As the season approaches quickly. I beg you. Find a replacement for Lindel. He WILL COST US GAMES. If the Pats had had Lindel the past 4 years do you beleive they would have won any of the 3 Superbowls? I dont care what anyone says about his "numbers" looking good. If you dont have the confidence to let someone try a 40 yarder than yes your numbers may look good compared to those kickers who do try 40 and 50 yarders consistantly. Thats like saying your kid is a straight A student in a community college and saying he is as good a hire as a straight A student in an Ivy League school.

I beg you TD. Replace him. Bring in somebody at least to compete. Someone with some experience and potential. Even an older Steve Christie. Then let Mooreman kick off. There has to be a solution. In my opinion this is our biggest weakness. I have all the confidance in the rest of this team but god help us this year if we go into this season with Rian "Kickoff to the 20" Lindell.
          I already asked Tom Donahoe about replacing Lindell on bb.com- here's his response:

Ask Him Yourself: Tom Donahoe
          Bryan Ault (Alexandria, VA): As fans, we do not have a lot of confidence in Rian Lindell's distance and we think he puts additional pressure on the offense to get closer late in close games. How do you intend to address the kicking situation in the off-season?
          TD: Our philosophy as an organization is to always try to improve the team in all areas. Sometimes, however, you should watch what you wish for. Rian Lindell improved as much as any player on our team last year compared to the 2003 season. He ended the year near the top of most statistical categories in the NFL. For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points. He also lost two long field goals last year when we called timeout prior to the kicks which he made. Rian is improving and has done a very good job under the direction of Bobby April. We expect him to take another step this season as our kicker

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archi...ws_2005_03.php (scroll about halfway down to where it says "Ask Him Yourself"
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I'd like to know if he expects bills fans to be forgiving if we don't make playoffs this year. JP is not an excuse.

We're the only AFCE team that hasn't made playoffs in this decade. If we couldn't forgive Wade for making 2 playoffs, why should we be patient w/ Donahoe? So far his so called-player moves hasn't gotten this team anywhere. I will be on the the Fire TD bandwagon if we don't make playoffs this year.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I'd like to know if he expects bills fans to be forgiving if we don't make playoffs this year. JP is not an excuse.

We're the only AFCE team that hasn't made playoffs in this decade. If we couldn't forgive Wade for making 2 playoffs, why should we be patient w/ Donahoe? So far his so called-player moves hasn't gotten this team anywhere. I will be on the the Fire TD bandwagon if we don't make playoffs this year.
              I agree, justa. We can debate TD's good moves versus his bad moves all day, but the proof is in the playoff pudding. We need to get to the playoffs THIS YEAR.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

There were several times last year when we didn't even ATTEMPT a longer FG because the coaches had no confidence in Lindell.

Donohoe is a suspect talent evaluator IMO if he can't figure this out.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                X