X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Clements quote

"I'm still waiting for the Vikings game to go against Randy Moss to see what all the hooting and hollering is all about," he said.

I hope he hasn't overlooked Chambers. If he can cover Moss then Chambers shouldn't be aproblem.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-06-2002, 09:12 AM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • bduff54
    • Jul 2002

nobody can cover moss, but he can try

Comment

• BillsNYC
      Man of the People
      • Jul 2002

i'm really starting to like nate....he did take brady;s head off....
      Thank you.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

If Clements and Winfield can do great on one on one coverage all year (I think they can), we may have more def. players rushing the passer or covering the middle stuffing the run, etc. etc. etc.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

I agree with bduff, the only way that Moss won't single handedly destroy whatever defense he's playing is if he decides to take the game off. Fortunately for us, odds are that he's gonna take the game off cuz he seems to only show up to about 40-50% of them anyway.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

The problem is Moss is now Minnesota's only legitimate threat with Carter and Smith gone. Teams will stack up 2-3 guys on him. Now I realize Moss is good enough to still beat double and triple coverage but I am questioning if he will be as good with both Smith and Carter gone. Derrick Alexander is injury prone and looked bad last year. Bennett showed nothing last year. Obviously, offenses are much more effective with many weapons but he is there only weapon.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

Moss is a threat when he feels like playing... Hopefully he will still think he's on "summer vacation".
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Quizlet2002
                Veteran Zoner
                • Aug 2002

uh

I cant stand it--- do any of except log, dozer and CNT watch the NFL--- last year Moss sucked... didnt even make the pro bowl. Ran half the routes... clements (if like last year) will smoke him.. in 2000 Irvin covered moss and clements is way better

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

Quizlet, I'm curious if you watched Moss at all last year or just read news reports about how he stunk. Did you see him against the Giants (10 rec-171 yds- 3 td's and offensive player of the week), the Steelers (8-144-1), the Titans (7-158-1), or the Lions (7-144-2). As pretty much everyone has admitted, he didn't play consistently, but as we all said and as he showed last year, when he wants to be, he is still unstoppable. He also had good games against the Bucs and Eagles who along with the Steelers were all top-5 teams in pass defense last year.
                  And about the pro bowl, Isaac Bruce got there mostly due to past performances and his team, he really wasn't that great last year; Joe Horn was more consistent than Moss, but put up similar #'s; and same with Torry Holt. If it wasn't for the bad reputation that Moss has developed, he would have made the pro bowl I bet. He still managed to put up over 1200 yards and 10 td's - 2 things that Jerry Rice didn't even do in each of his first 4 years in the league.
                  Also, if memory serves, Moss scored a TD and had 100 yards against the Bills when they played last. I think it'd be generous to say that Irvin contained him, let alone covered him.
                  Last edited by HenryRules; 08-06-2002, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Butch
                    • Jul 2002

Re: uh

Originally posted by Quizlet2002
                    I cant stand it--- do any of except log, dozer and CNT watch the NFL--- last year Moss sucked... didnt even make the pro bowl. Ran half the routes... clements (if like last year) will smoke him.. in 2000 Irvin covered moss and clements is way better
                    Moss sucked? Ok, I'll do my best to attack the post not the poster...Do me a favor and list every game that Moss had at least 1 touchdown or 80 yards receiving, then tell me if he sucked last year.
                    It's nice to have a real quarterback again.

Comment

• Muck
                      • Jul 2002

In case you missed it, the Vikings signed DERRICK ALEXANDER and D'WAYNE BATES to play opposite Moss. Last year, Alexander was injured. But th year before, he had 78 rec....1391 yds...10 TDs. He's a big guy at 6'2", 206 lbs. And he runs in the 4.4 range. For his career, Alexander has averaged 17 ypc.

Of the Vikings top six WRs, not one is under 6' or 200 lbs. They will be a handful. Also, do not forget about TE Byron Chamberlain. He's one of the best. And Michael Bennett is a RB in the Robert Smith mold. Very fast.

Comment

• Quizlet2002
                        Veteran Zoner
                        • Aug 2002

hmm

Wow you all named 3 games! Out of ohhhh 16!~... BTW: 1 more thing- I am living in Minn -= I know

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

alexander cant even crack the starting line up atm muck.. hatchett and bates are the ones who are beating him out.. what does that say? if he was so good, they would have kept him in kc.. alexander had one great year.. done.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsNYC
                            Man of the People
                            • Jul 2002

i wish moss would quit and join the nba
                            Thank you.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Put a fork in Alexander...I think everyone would agree that Moss doesn't suck but his attitude does. If he wanted to he could put up at least 100 yards and 1 td a game if he was into the game mentally. I wached many games of Minnesota last year because Moss was on my fantasy team and many time he did not come close to his potential. His best games bar none are when the Vikings are on Monday night. If he played with that intensity every week he would be the best of all time.

Comment

Working...
                              X