PDA

View Full Version : Clements quote

justasportsfan
08-06-2002, 08:51 AM
"I'm still waiting for the Vikings game to go against Randy Moss to see what all the hooting and hollering is all about," he said.

I hope he hasn't overlooked Chambers. If he can cover Moss then Chambers shouldn't be aproblem. :fishfry:

bduff54
08-06-2002, 09:04 AM
nobody can cover moss, but he can try

BillsNYC
08-06-2002, 09:10 AM
i'm really starting to like nate....he did take brady;s head off....

justasportsfan
08-06-2002, 09:26 AM
If Clements and Winfield can do great on one on one coverage all year (I think they can), we may have more def. players rushing the passer or covering the middle stuffing the run, etc. etc. etc.

HenryRules
08-06-2002, 11:15 AM
I agree with bduff, the only way that Moss won't single handedly destroy whatever defense he's playing is if he decides to take the game off. Fortunately for us, odds are that he's gonna take the game off cuz he seems to only show up to about 40-50% of them anyway.

don137
08-06-2002, 11:51 AM
The problem is Moss is now Minnesota's only legitimate threat with Carter and Smith gone. Teams will stack up 2-3 guys on him. Now I realize Moss is good enough to still beat double and triple coverage but I am questioning if he will be as good with both Smith and Carter gone. Derrick Alexander is injury prone and looked bad last year. Bennett showed nothing last year. Obviously, offenses are much more effective with many weapons but he is there only weapon.

Cntrygal
08-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Moss is a threat when he feels like playing... Hopefully he will still think he's on "summer vacation".

Quizlet2002
08-06-2002, 02:42 PM
I cant stand it--- do any of except log, dozer and CNT watch the NFL--- last year Moss sucked... didnt even make the pro bowl. Ran half the routes... clements (if like last year) will smoke him.. in 2000 Irvin covered moss and clements is way better

HenryRules
08-06-2002, 03:20 PM
Quizlet, I'm curious if you watched Moss at all last year or just read news reports about how he stunk. Did you see him against the Giants (10 rec-171 yds- 3 td's and offensive player of the week), the Steelers (8-144-1), the Titans (7-158-1), or the Lions (7-144-2). As pretty much everyone has admitted, he didn't play consistently, but as we all said and as he showed last year, when he wants to be, he is still unstoppable. He also had good games against the Bucs and Eagles who along with the Steelers were all top-5 teams in pass defense last year.
And about the pro bowl, Isaac Bruce got there mostly due to past performances and his team, he really wasn't that great last year; Joe Horn was more consistent than Moss, but put up similar #'s; and same with Torry Holt. If it wasn't for the bad reputation that Moss has developed, he would have made the pro bowl I bet. He still managed to put up over 1200 yards and 10 td's - 2 things that Jerry Rice didn't even do in each of his first 4 years in the league.
Also, if memory serves, Moss scored a TD and had 100 yards against the Bills when they played last. I think it'd be generous to say that Irvin contained him, let alone covered him.

Butch
08-06-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Quizlet2002
I cant stand it--- do any of except log, dozer and CNT watch the NFL--- last year Moss sucked... didnt even make the pro bowl. Ran half the routes... clements (if like last year) will smoke him.. in 2000 Irvin covered moss and clements is way better

Moss sucked? Ok, I'll do my best to attack the post not the poster...Do me a favor and list every game that Moss had at least 1 touchdown or 80 yards receiving, then tell me if he sucked last year.

Muck
08-06-2002, 04:29 PM
In case you missed it, the Vikings signed DERRICK ALEXANDER and D'WAYNE BATES to play opposite Moss. Last year, Alexander was injured. But th year before, he had 78 rec....1391 yds...10 TDs. He's a big guy at 6'2", 206 lbs. And he runs in the 4.4 range. For his career, Alexander has averaged 17 ypc.

Of the Vikings top six WRs, not one is under 6' or 200 lbs. They will be a handful. Also, do not forget about TE Byron Chamberlain. He's one of the best. And Michael Bennett is a RB in the Robert Smith mold. Very fast.

Quizlet2002
08-06-2002, 04:35 PM
Wow you all named 3 games! Out of ohhhh 16!~... BTW: 1 more thing- I am living in Minn -= I know

Tatonka
08-06-2002, 04:35 PM
alexander cant even crack the starting line up atm muck.. hatchett and bates are the ones who are beating him out.. what does that say? if he was so good, they would have kept him in kc.. alexander had one great year.. done.

BillsNYC
08-06-2002, 04:40 PM
i wish moss would quit and join the nba

don137
08-06-2002, 04:52 PM
Put a fork in Alexander...I think everyone would agree that Moss doesn't suck but his attitude does. If he wanted to he could put up at least 100 yards and 1 td a game if he was into the game mentally. I wached many games of Minnesota last year because Moss was on my fantasy team and many time he did not come close to his potential. His best games bar none are when the Vikings are on Monday night. If he played with that intensity every week he would be the best of all time.

THATHURMANATOR
08-06-2002, 04:57 PM
I love the confidence!!!

HenryRules
08-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Wow you all named 3 games! Out of ohhhh 16!~... BTW: 1 more thing- I am living in Minn -= I know

I named 6 actually (Giants, Steelers, Titans, Lions, Bucs, Eagles), out of 16 last season. And as I said in my first post, which was one of the ones you accused of not watching football, he shows up about "40-50% of the time." Let's see, 6 out of 16 is 38%. Hmmm, sounds pretty close to what I said doesn't it.
And if you had cared to answer the question posed by Butch (# of games with at least 80 yards or 1 TD), the answer is 9. For reference, Isaac Bruce had 6, Joe Horn had 9, Torry Holt had 11, Keyshawn Johnson had 8, Terrell Owens had 11, David Boston had 14. Aside from Boston, Moss fits right in there with those guys, the pro bowl receivers from the NFC.

Can you please give us some of the insight that you learned while living in Minnesota to come to this conclusion?

Butch
08-06-2002, 10:19 PM

Too bad you live in Rochester.

Muck
08-07-2002, 12:56 PM
You guys are right. They're already talking about cutting Alexander because he's being a turd again. I figured that maybe he'd do better in Minny being with Tice.

He was a big reason why Vermeil took the job in KC. And Vermeil was the reason he got cut loose. It's not that he wasn't good. Just that he quit working hard.

Hatchette plays for Oakland.

Captain gameboy
08-07-2002, 01:10 PM
As much as dislike both of them, Randy Moss is to receivers as Barry Bonds is to hitters. Ex Jerry Rice, he's the best when he plays. I can provide numerous quotes from people knowlegeable to the extreme, Bobby Bowden comes to mind, that say he's the best ever.
Regardless I still can't stand him, and there's an old axiom in football: "A wide receiver receiver is the easiest thing to take out of an offense." Randy needs a running mate to be truly superb.

Earthquake Enyart
08-07-2002, 01:23 PM
Don't know that the QB will have enough time to get the ball to Moss down the field. Their line blows.

Shiny Chicken
08-07-2002, 02:59 PM
...you wish... Me and my brother in law are living here alot--- mostly from June to November. I live in St. Paul (city outside Minnesota) actualy it has grown so big it is together seperated by a bride thus the name "Minnesota/St-Pual" . BTW my zip is 55125 . Boy you ****en stand corrected

Umm... that would be Minneapolis, not Minnesota... Minneapolis and St. Paul are in Minnesota... the state... if you want people to believe you, get your facts straight. It makes me doubt you really live in St. Paul and if you do, it's really really sad that you think Minneapolis is Minnesota...

Butch
08-07-2002, 04:00 PM
...you wish... Me and my brother in law are living here alot--- mostly from June to November. I live in St. Paul (city outside Minnesota) actualy it has grown so big it is together seperated by a bride thus the name "Minnesota/St-Pual" . BTW my zip is 55125 . Boy you ****en stand corrected

LOL. First of all, St. Paul (not Pual) is in Minnesota, not outside of it. Learn to spell and learn some geography, and then I might believe you. Probably not though...

Quizlet2002
08-07-2002, 04:44 PM
buddy--- i was typing fast. BTW:I am sorry- I meant next to Minneapolis not outside of it... We live about..uhm 45 min from e cleaire. Theres a small german restaurant outside the H dome. I went to the twins game (which is also the stadium for the Vikings) and you could see the football field over the outfield grass... a couple of days ago there was a mini tornado outside of us (about 20 miles)...need anymore proof?

Butch
08-07-2002, 10:01 PM
buddy--- i was typing fast. BTW:I am sorry- I meant next to Minneapolis not outside of it... We live about..uhm 45 min from e cleaire. Theres a small german restaurant outside the H dome. I went to the twins game (which is also the stadium for the Vikings) and you could see the football field over the outfield grass... a couple of days ago there was a mini tornado outside of us (about 20 miles)...need anymore proof?

I went to a Red Sox game earlier this year, there is a nice bar outside the stadium, but its too bad they have construction going on around the stadium. Just because I know this doesn't mean I live there. Honestly, I don't care if you live there or not. Given your tendencies to lie compulsively in the past, I'll just laugh at your posts from now on instead of using reason with you. Have a nice day.

By the way, Moss didn't suck last year. Normally I don't mention the obvious, but in your case, I will.

Dozerdog
08-08-2002, 07:03 AM
I cant stand it--- do any of except log, dozer and CNT watch the NFL--- last year Moss sucked... didnt even make the pro bowl. Ran half the routes... clements (if like last year) will smoke him.. in 2000 Irvin covered moss and clements is way better Randy Moss' problems are more about attitude than his abilities. He does dog it when it comes to executing a convincing route on running plays and other fakes. But to say he sucked last year is ridiculous. Moss IS the best reciever in the NFL, and if he had just half of Jerry Rice's work ethic, he would be the greatest possibly of all time.

Now that they have more of a Drill sargent at head coach (Tice) it will be interesting how well he does. Tice is an O/L coach so I see a renewed commitment to the run in Minnesota. Will Moss step up or sulk?

I think Clement's quote shows some of the new swagger the Bills have. Confidence is half the battle in the NFL.

Quizlet2002
08-08-2002, 11:37 AM
...If you have been around Minn. lately you will see how many want Moss gone. They believe his whole outlook is hurting the team. When he knows the ball is not coming to him, he doesnt run. The whole defense knows it is not going to him then... :moon:

Butch
08-08-2002, 06:48 PM
lol--- thats one thing your wrong about--- they where not doing construction on the stadium last year. that was this year and btw there is no bar within 3 blocks of h stadium... anytime, anywhere buddy...I would like to kick your ass

What the hell are you talking about? Go to Fenway Park (which is in Boston) and walk around the park and tell me what you see. Then go stand in the corner for 15 mintues and don't talk unless you are spoken to.

HenryRules
08-08-2002, 09:05 PM
I can't believe a discussion on whether or not Moss is a talented receiver has managed to drag on so long. I thought it was a given.

BillsZone Moderator
08-08-2002, 09:48 PM

lol--- thats one thing your wrong about--- they where not doing construction on the stadium last year. that was this year and btw there is no bar within 3 blocks of h stadium... anytime, anywhere buddy...I would like to kick your ass
Quiz-

This is your only warning- knock off the threats and personal attacks.

Quizlet2002
08-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Sorry BZM- Some people just piss me off... I will put on pics of me and minn. tomorrow morning.

justasportsfan
08-08-2002, 10:26 PM
How did my thread lead to threats of violence? No!No!No!

It's all Rob's fault.

www.finheaven.com <---- that is where you're supposed to do that. lol jk

Butch
08-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Is a 15 year old threatening me? Oh no. Quiz, until you grow some hair underneath your arms, you aren't worth my time. Have a nice day in St. Pual outside of Minnesota.

justasportsfan
08-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Can't we all just get along ? :stick: :sukrpnch: :chair:

Butch
08-09-2002, 07:32 PM
noone knows my age and that is the truth. I change it on every chat and mb. I will tell you I am between 15-25 though. BTW: This "younger" person could kick your ASS anyday. meet me at Golds at 3:00pm on Wendsays and Saturdays and well talk

You are a truly disturbed little boy, I think your mom needs to change your diaper. I'll meet you at the hot dog stand at then Metrodome.

Quizlet2002
08-11-2002, 11:33 PM
There is a about 30 hot-dog stands at the M_dome

WG
08-12-2002, 12:36 AM
This is entertaining...

:D

WG
08-12-2002, 12:39 AM
Easy fellas...

Football! Remember...

Ya gotta have fun during football season. It embraces all that special about living in the U.S.

It's in the fall season
Incredible competition
Suspense builds and heightens on certain plays unlike any other sport
Every team comes in anew each year
The Bills blue starts to come out

It's just nice. Tailgating begins...

TigerJ
08-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Cntrygal, "Hopefully he will still think he's on "summer vacation".

Actually, I hope Moss is "on" when Buffalo plays Minnesota. I want to see my team's top CB go against the best. CBs have to be cocky. It's the nature of the position. If they don't believe they can cover anybody then they are gonna always have doubts, will not take enough risks and will ultimately fail. I think Clements has enough of an ego that even if Moss takes him to the cleaners Clements won't be destroyed. He just come back to practice and work harder until he believes he can take on Moss next time. Chambers will be a snap by comparison.

Tatonka
08-13-2002, 09:37 PM
i dont find it amusing.. what the **** are the mods doing? boot this kid.

Typ0
08-13-2002, 10:07 PM
Quiz:

We really have a problem here. We can't afford to have anyone who can do some dime internet research coming on here and claiming things as fact. That you know where there is a restaurant, the football field shows through the baseball field and the stadium was being worked on is no proof you actually live in Minnesota. You really have to start thinking through these things a bit more people might actually listen to what you are saying a little more instead of just reading it as a cheap substitute for bad situation comedies.

If you really want to prove you are in Minnesota go outside and look up in the sky directly north. Find the North Star. Then scan over to the right and down a bit and you will see a grouping of stars that look just like beautiful human breasts (the greeks named the constellation shebang but the Pope stricken it from the records in the 1500s because it just didn't belong with the other animals.) Anyway, find the constellation and then quickly spin around 360 degrees six times. Then come back and tell me what happened and if what should happen happens you will be in Minnesota.

Quizlet2002
08-13-2002, 10:51 PM
ahh- dizzy?

colin
08-14-2002, 06:55 PM
I think the best way to deal with Moss is to bait Minn to throw a quick out to him and go head hunting. Clements can do that just fine. Once he gets some teeth knocked loose, he will be easier to deal with.