PDA

View Full Version : Any shot of NHL fixing the draft Lottery?

camelcowboy
07-21-2005, 09:04 AM
A few days ago WGR was having this converstation.
Crosby the next big thing in the NHL. NHL hurting because of Lock out, wouldn't you want to put a player like that in a big market to generate a buzz! Thats why i think the Rangers are going to get him. :down:

Ebenezer
07-21-2005, 09:07 AM
unless it is held on live TV with witness from teams and the media...and they get to inspect the balls...I would not doubt it was fixed...even if the Sabres were to get the #1 choice.

Patrick76777
07-21-2005, 09:13 AM
A few days ago WGR was having this converstation.
Crosby the next big thing in the NHL. NHL hurting because of Lock out, wouldn't you want to put a player like that in a big market to generate a buzz! Thats why i think the Rangers are going to get him. :down:

Not a chance!

camelcowboy
07-21-2005, 09:16 AM
I don't know unless they show the whole thing on TV then who knows. Even then in the back of my mind i would wonder if every ping pong ball was for the same team.

David Deboudt
07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Just stupid radio talks... business as usual for them.

don137
07-21-2005, 12:04 PM
the Knicks won the first NBA lottery when Patrick Ewing came out. Coincidence? The NHL needs to market its product and the no better player than Crosby so a big city will in all likelihood get him.

Bill Brasky
07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
The Rangers will get him. If they don't I'll be very surprised. Somehow the NHL and the players think that by putting Crosby in NYC it will help the league, all it would do is piss off the other franchises and their fans... esp if it was fixed.

He would do more good going to a legit hockey town as oppossed to the biggest city population wise.