PDA

View Full Version : Eddie George

Gunzlingr
07-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Does Eddie have anything left in the tank? If so think he would play for league minimum as a backup, say for Willis?

He has to be getting desperate, and probably would play for food.

Pride
07-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I'd take him as a #2 at vet min

Gunzlingr
07-21-2005, 09:41 AM
I'd take him as a #2 at vet min

that is what I was thinking. Maybe a 1 year deal so he can prove himself to the league.

OpIv37
07-21-2005, 09:46 AM
I agree- he can't carry the load as a starter but I think he'd be a better backup option than anything we currently have. Shaud Williams showed some promise but he's just too small and I doubt our O line can protect him, plus I doubt he can block for Losman on pass plays. Joe Burns is more of a fullback type.

Static
07-21-2005, 09:56 AM
I think he would be a good pick up for the bills......at least for the peace of mind it would give them........who is the backup RB right now?

Mr. Miyagi
07-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Eddie George won't win many games for you, but won't lose many either. I'll take his 3.3 ypc average for 600K a year.

McGahee420
07-21-2005, 02:53 PM
It would be nice, but we have enough I believe at this position. Dang, this Lee kid is explosive and strong, I think williams and him will fill in the role well. But it would be nice to see Eddie in a Bills Uniform, especially after Henry went to the Titans.

Bill Brasky
07-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Him and Marshall Faulk are probably the 2 best vet backups in the game.

Voltron
07-21-2005, 02:56 PM
I want Gates to be the back up so I can buy a Bills Jersey with my last name on it! :D

FlyingDutchman
07-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Him and Marshall Faulk are probably the 2 best vet backups in the game.
I think Faulk is way better...Did you see the playoff game last year against the Seahawks when Marshall pretty much single handedly won them the game....Ive never been impressed with George.

pleasesavedrew
07-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Its time he hangs up the cleats.

Nublar7
07-21-2005, 04:44 PM
If I were the Bills I would pass on him. He doesn't really have anything left and at this point it probably is a better idea not to even look in his direction.

HAMMER
07-21-2005, 04:57 PM
If I were the Bills I would pass on him. He doesn't really have anything left and at this point it probably is a better idea not to even look in his direction.
DolFan has it right, he is old and has slowed, why would we want that? We have all the backs we need right now. So many people on here want all these has beens to come in just because they are available and have a solid past. The idea is to get younger and develop players, not older and slower.

ParanoidAndroid
07-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Actually, I really think Gates is going to be a pleasant surprise. His junior year was great and he took somewhat of a back seat his senior year with a couple non-serious injuries.
He's probably the best receiver of all our RB's including Willis. He's a perfect third down back at the very least.

I think your wish will come true Voltron.

TigerJ
07-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't think he has anything left in the tank. I think Buffalo can find among their own candidates for the job somebody with more physical ability and far more upside than Eddie George has at this point in his career.

Jan Reimers
07-22-2005, 04:27 AM
As many of you know, I'm the leader of the Just Say No to Has Beens camp. We already have RaShard Lee, Lionel Gates and Shaud Williams, plus Joe Burns, a RB/FB and good special teamer. I would doubt that Eddie has much left as a runner, and would give us nothing on STs.