PDA

View Full Version : Worst team ever

Dozerdog
12-27-2002, 05:50 PM
The Bills are playing the 2-13 Bengals this week. One of the worst in NFL History.

What's the wost team you ever saw?

Tampa Bay, 1976 is my choice

BillyT92679
12-27-2002, 05:53 PM
Either the 1990 Pats, or the 1991 Colts.

Mad Bomber
12-27-2002, 06:12 PM
The 1971 Buffalo Bills....
We even had Ed Rutkowski at QB...

We just plain SUCKED.

Typ0
12-27-2002, 10:21 PM
When asked "how do you feel about your teams execution" the '76 Bucs coach replied "I'm in favor of it".

That's a classic from the worst team ever. I would have to say the current bengals are far from that bad.

northernbillfan
12-28-2002, 02:54 AM
The Saints of the mid-late 70's were pretty bad. Their fans were one of the first fans to wear the paper bags on their heads.

The first couple of seasons I watched the Bills were trying time too, 1976 and 1977.

JefftheBillsfan
12-28-2002, 11:30 AM
That 1 Jets team was pretty bad...early 90s I think. The BT gereration (before Tuna)

Earthquake Enyart
12-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Man, this is tough. My favorite bad team was the 68 Bills.
1-12-1 for the No. 1 pick in the draft, OJ.

The one win? Over the eventual Super Bowl Champs, Joe Willie and the Jets. :) My first game as a youngster in the Rockpile.

Dozerdog
12-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Man, this is tough. My favorite bad team was the 68 Bills.
1-12-1 for the No. 1 pick in the draft, OJ.

The one win? Over the eventual Super Bowl Champs, Joe Willie and the Jets. :) My first game as a youngster in the Rockpile.

Yeah. The list of QB's that got killed on that team was impressive. Kemp got hurt, Flores got hurt, Dan Darraugh got hurt, Kay Stephenson went down, and they finished the string with good old Ed Rutkowski.

I beleive this was one of the first seasons of the merger, (or pre- merger). They didn't compete anymore for draft picks and held a single, unified draft. On the second to last game of the season, they played the mighty Oakland Raiders. They played very respectable game battling the 12-2 Raiders. Down by 3 points late, they drove to the Oakland 1 yad line. Rutkowski fumbled ensuring the Bills would be receiving the #1 pick, sealing the fate of OJ Simpson. Otherwise, he would have been an Atlanta Falcon.

Marcos20
12-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Yeah. The list of QB's that got killed on that team was impressive. Kemp got hurt, Flores got hurt, Dan Darraugh got hurt, Kay Stephenson went down, and they finished the string with good old Ed Rutkowski.

I beleive this was one of the first seasons of the merger, (or pre- merger). They didn't compete anymore for draft picks and held a single, unified draft. On the second to last game of the season, they played the mighty Oakland Raiders. They played very respectable game battling the 12-2 Raiders. Down by 3 points late, they drove to the Oakland 1 yad line. Rutkowski fumbled ensuring the Bills would be receiving the #1 pick, sealing the fate of OJ Simpson. Otherwise, he would have been an Atlanta Falcon.

thats true? .. lol ..
well i dont know much about football since i havent see a lot of it so no comments about the worst ...

2001 NE Patriots... :rofl: