• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

NFL Live...

I watched NFL Live earlier today, and Mark Schlereth said the Jets would be most likely to challenge the Pats for the division title while Sean Salisbury said we would.

Schlereth listed the loss of Pat Williams and an inexperienced qb being the reason the Jets will give the Pats a harder run for their money then the Bills.

Salisbury listed our D and our running game being the reason we'll be giving the Pats a run for their money where as he thinks Pennington's injury from last year will have somewhat an effect on the Jets.

Unfortunately Schlereth does seem to be the smarter of the two - but not by much.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: NFL Live...

Both are wrong. The Pats will tank this year with the loss of OC and DC, Ty Law, Bruschi and the Seymour hold out.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

but who will take their place as the king of the AFC East - I'd say us.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

I'd be surprised if we win the division... I think us and the Jets are battling it out for second place... and I don't even think we win 10 games this year. I am just not impressed w/ the Jets. I think the Pats win 11 games, Jets get 10, and we -- at most -- win 9. Miami gets 6.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
          • Mar 2004

i believe buffalo is a better team than the jets and we sweep them this year for sure. I was never impressed with the jets. I think pennington plays like **** againts our D. Curtis Martin does alright but pennington is what makes that team go and if he cant do **** againt us then we will sweep them this year no doubt.
          Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• bledslow
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            Both are wrong. The Pats will tank this year with the loss of OC and DC, Ty Law, Bruschi and the Seymour hold out.

law was barely on the team last year and won the sb WITHOUT him.they added a healthy starks to the team and poole will be back and ready to go. colvin will be much better and healthier then last year

seymour will be playing by week 1

bruschi is a loss but the pats prepared for life without him by getting beisel and brown,no there not as good as bruschi BUT there both better then phifer. phifer might be back though,plus they still got ted johnson. they got plenty of depth at that position(actually they got SOLID depth almost everywhere).

brady will call a lot of plays(like last year)

and romeo was replaced by a man VERY familiar with the defense(mangini).mangini has been there a while and was the db coach,he did a great job with the pats db's last year after they were big time injured. he also drew up the blitz packages for the pats. and they still got bb.bb is still the guy that puts together the gameplan.

the truth is,the pats have no serious competition in the afce. jets are easily going to come into second place in this division while the bills/phins will fight for 3rd place. bills got no qb and a very overrated rb and a defense that plays like a bunch of skirts when it counts the most. jp will be better next year(2006 season) but will take his lumps this year.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38
              i believe buffalo is a better team than the jets and we sweep them this year for sure. I was never impressed with the jets. I think pennington plays like **** againts our D. Curtis Martin does alright but pennington is what makes that team go and if he cant do **** againt us then we will sweep them this year no doubt.
              I too believe we are better than the Jets and I think some things need to be watched closely that could significantly affect the Jets this year.

1) Chad's arm. I've heard many analyst talk about how he didn't have a strong arm before. Now with the surgery, is it likely to get stronger? No. It's likely to get weaker depending on his recovery. He is decently accurate, but he may not be the same.

2) Curtis Martin is getting older. Yes, he did great last season - but he worked his a$$ off to be able to. Is he doing the same now? Can he maintain that level for another year? Sooner or later, the age thing is going to start getting to him and his numbers will begin to decline. Will that begin this year? With Lamont Jordan gone, the Jets don't have a serious threat backing him up.

3) On the offseason, the Jets did very little. Drafting a kicker may help them on occasion, but have they helped themselves in getting close to the red zone? Getting Coles is kind of a wash for who they lost (Moss) and could potentially be affected by 1) above. They got a CB who the Bills didn't think enough of and passed on.

All in all, I expect the Jets to be just about where they were last year - they may become slightly lower due to 1 and 2 above, but their new kicker should elevate them a bit...enough to offset the decline - but only slightly.

I expect us to duke it out with them again like we did last year, but maybe come up on top both times this year.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
                I'd be surprised if we win the division... I think us and the Jets are battling it out for second place... and I don't even think we win 10 games this year. I am just not impressed w/ the Jets. I think the Pats win 11 games, Jets get 10, and we -- at most -- win 9. Miami gets 6.
                So we only improved two games over last year?? Just last year at this time we rated a strong playoff team, not the bills. In one season the Bills are fighting for the division title and the fins can't do the same?? I can't wait for the season to start.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Trust me neither can us Bills fans. Whats the over/under on that druggie leaving your team again? LOL

Comment

• Bling
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    I too believe we are better than the Jets and I think some things need to be watched closely that could significantly affect the Jets this year.
                    I'm sorry, I'll take winners over chokers anyday. Jets are still better than the Bills.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Chokers? At least things are looking up for them are they for your team...NOT!

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
                        So we only improved two games over last year?? Just last year at this time we rated a strong playoff team, not the bills. In one season the Bills are fighting for the division title and the fins can't do the same?? I can't wait for the season to start.
                        From a Fish fan to a Fish fan, you are totally wrong. 6-10 is good for a rebuilding team. We'll be back after this year.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Hey Bling why not put a pic of Rickey with a handful of drugs in your Florida picture? Oh thats right he will prob leave your team again in a few months lol

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                            Trust me neither can us Bills fans. Whats the over/under on that druggie leaving your team again? LOL
                            Who cares? He's 3rd string right now. Master Bills football before you attempt to talk smack about the Dolphins, please.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Go to your stinkin drug infested wife beating law breaking Miami boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X