PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live...

ublinkwescore
07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
I watched NFL Live earlier today, and Mark Schlereth said the Jets would be most likely to challenge the Pats for the division title while Sean Salisbury said we would.

Schlereth listed the loss of Pat Williams and an inexperienced qb being the reason the Jets will give the Pats a harder run for their money then the Bills.

Salisbury listed our D and our running game being the reason we'll be giving the Pats a run for their money where as he thinks Pennington's injury from last year will have somewhat an effect on the Jets.

Unfortunately Schlereth does seem to be the smarter of the two - but not by much.

Mr. Miyagi
07-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Both are wrong. The Pats will tank this year with the loss of OC and DC, Ty Law, Bruschi and the Seymour hold out.

ublinkwescore
07-21-2005, 07:34 PM
but who will take their place as the king of the AFC East - I'd say us.

Bill Brasky
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
I'd be surprised if we win the division... I think us and the Jets are battling it out for second place... and I don't even think we win 10 games this year. I am just not impressed w/ the Jets. I think the Pats win 11 games, Jets get 10, and we -- at most -- win 9. Miami gets 6.

BillsFanCupp38
07-21-2005, 08:35 PM
i believe buffalo is a better team than the jets and we sweep them this year for sure. I was never impressed with the jets. I think pennington plays like **** againts our D. Curtis Martin does alright but pennington is what makes that team go and if he cant do **** againt us then we will sweep them this year no doubt.

bledslow
07-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Both are wrong. The Pats will tank this year with the loss of OC and DC, Ty Law, Bruschi and the Seymour hold out.

law was barely on the team last year and won the sb WITHOUT him.they added a healthy starks to the team and poole will be back and ready to go. colvin will be much better and healthier then last year

seymour will be playing by week 1

bruschi is a loss but the pats prepared for life without him by getting beisel and brown,no there not as good as bruschi BUT there both better then phifer. phifer might be back though,plus they still got ted johnson. they got plenty of depth at that position(actually they got SOLID depth almost everywhere).

brady will call a lot of plays(like last year)

and romeo was replaced by a man VERY familiar with the defense(mangini).mangini has been there a while and was the db coach,he did a great job with the pats db's last year after they were big time injured. he also drew up the blitz packages for the pats. and they still got bb.bb is still the guy that puts together the gameplan.

the truth is,the pats have no serious competition in the afce. jets are easily going to come into second place in this division while the bills/phins will fight for 3rd place. bills got no qb and a very overrated rb and a defense that plays like a bunch of skirts when it counts the most. jp will be better next year(2006 season) but will take his lumps this year.

mysticsoto
07-22-2005, 09:04 AM
i believe buffalo is a better team than the jets and we sweep them this year for sure. I was never impressed with the jets. I think pennington plays like **** againts our D. Curtis Martin does alright but pennington is what makes that team go and if he cant do **** againt us then we will sweep them this year no doubt.
I too believe we are better than the Jets and I think some things need to be watched closely that could significantly affect the Jets this year.

1) Chad's arm. I've heard many analyst talk about how he didn't have a strong arm before. Now with the surgery, is it likely to get stronger? No. It's likely to get weaker depending on his recovery. He is decently accurate, but he may not be the same.

2) Curtis Martin is getting older. Yes, he did great last season - but he worked his a$$ off to be able to. Is he doing the same now? Can he maintain that level for another year? Sooner or later, the age thing is going to start getting to him and his numbers will begin to decline. Will that begin this year? With Lamont Jordan gone, the Jets don't have a serious threat backing him up.

3) On the offseason, the Jets did very little. Drafting a kicker may help them on occasion, but have they helped themselves in getting close to the red zone? Getting Coles is kind of a wash for who they lost (Moss) and could potentially be affected by 1) above. They got a CB who the Bills didn't think enough of and passed on.

All in all, I expect the Jets to be just about where they were last year - they may become slightly lower due to 1 and 2 above, but their new kicker should elevate them a bit...enough to offset the decline - but only slightly.

I expect us to duke it out with them again like we did last year, but maybe come up on top both times this year.

feelthepain
07-22-2005, 01:07 PM
I'd be surprised if we win the division... I think us and the Jets are battling it out for second place... and I don't even think we win 10 games this year. I am just not impressed w/ the Jets. I think the Pats win 11 games, Jets get 10, and we -- at most -- win 9. Miami gets 6.
So we only improved two games over last year?? Just last year at this time we rated a strong playoff team, not the bills. In one season the Bills are fighting for the division title and the fins can't do the same?? I can't wait for the season to start.

SquishDaFish
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Trust me neither can us Bills fans. Whats the over/under on that druggie leaving your team again? LOL

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:12 PM
I too believe we are better than the Jets and I think some things need to be watched closely that could significantly affect the Jets this year.
I'm sorry, I'll take winners over chokers anyday. Jets are still better than the Bills.

SquishDaFish
07-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Chokers? At least things are looking up for them are they for your team...NOT!

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:14 PM
So we only improved two games over last year?? Just last year at this time we rated a strong playoff team, not the bills. In one season the Bills are fighting for the division title and the fins can't do the same?? I can't wait for the season to start.
From a Fish fan to a Fish fan, you are totally wrong. 6-10 is good for a rebuilding team. We'll be back after this year.

SquishDaFish
07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Hey Bling why not put a pic of Rickey with a handful of drugs in your Florida picture? Oh thats right he will prob leave your team again in a few months lol

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Trust me neither can us Bills fans. Whats the over/under on that druggie leaving your team again? LOL
Who cares? He's 3rd string right now. Master Bills football before you attempt to talk smack about the Dolphins, please.

SquishDaFish
07-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Go to your stinkin drug infested wife beating law breaking Miami boards.

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Hey Bling why not put a pic of Rickey with a handful of drugs in your Florida picture? Oh thats right he will prob leave your team again in a few months lol

Ricky doesn't matter much to this team. He's behind Lamar Gordon and Ronnie Brown (once signed) on the Depth Chart. Who cares? Jealous that we have a 1800 yard backup.... while you couldn't even name your backup?

feelthepain
07-22-2005, 01:19 PM
From a Fish fan to a Fish fan, you are totally wrong. 6-10 is good for a rebuilding team. We'll be back after this year.

We are not rebuilding, we are upgrading.How are we any different from last year other then HC and coachin staff?? We have all of our stars and we have brought back RW,DB and added K.Carter, S.McDougle, V.Holiday and quite few more upgrades over last years squad. The Jills went froma sub 500. ball club to 9-7 in one season with a rookie HC and the fins have far more talent the the jills.

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:23 PM
We are not rebuilding, we are upgrading.
5, maybe 6 new starters on Offense. In our 4-3 Defense, we have 4-6 new starters. That's at least 9 new starters. Plus a new HC, OC, DC, OL coach? That's definitely rebuilding.

justasportsfan
07-22-2005, 01:25 PM
We are not rebuilding, we are upgrading. :lmao:

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Ricky doesn't matter much to this team. He's behind Lamar Gordon and Ronnie Brown (once signed) on the Depth Chart. Who cares? Jealous that we have a 1800 yard backup.... while you couldn't even name your backup?

I'm real jealous that Miami has a quitter who is suspended for the first four games of the year and is one bong hit away from being suspended for the entire season. The Dolphins are so lucky to have Ricky. I wish all teams in the NFL could have such outstanding character guys like Ricky on their roster.

feelthepain
07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
:lmao:
I see you never grow up. And for some reason you always have to commnent on my posts, deep inside your my biggest fan!!

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:34 PM
The Dolphins are so lucky to have Ricky. I wish all teams in the NFL could have such outstanding character guys like Ricky on their roster.
Take away his off the field problems, would you take a later 20's 1800 yard rusher back for the vet min? Let's assume he bongs himself again, do we not still have Ronnie Brown and Lamar Gordon? Funny, I bet if your son was caught smoking pot, you'd make sure to remind all his future employers.

feelthepain
07-22-2005, 01:36 PM
5, maybe 6 new starters on Offense. In our 4-3 Defense, we have 4-6 new starters. That's at least 9 new starters. Plus a new HC, OC, DC, OL coach? That's definitely rebuilding.
Name all the new starters?? McDougle,R.Bown on O and On D Spragan and Daniels thats four not 9!! Everyone else are depth signings as for FS and SS we don't know right now. With FA in the NFL most teams have a high turnover rate every year it's not rebuilding anymore. Look ow many changes the Chiefs and Vikes made during the off season are they rebuilding?? Or how bout the Raiders? The depth we have replaced is whats so good about this off season.

feelthepain
07-22-2005, 01:39 PM
The Dolphins are so lucky to have Ricky. I wish all teams in the NFL could have such outstanding character guys like Ricky on their roster.
But you'd take TO in a second, and who has worse character issues then him?? Give me talent anyday.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Take away his off the field problems, would you take a later 20's 1800 yard rusher back for the vet min? Let's assume he bongs himself again, do we not still have Ronnie Brown and Lamar Gordon? Funny, I bet if your son was caught smoking pot, you'd make sure to remind all his future employers.

Thats just it, with a player like Ricky, you can't ignore his off the field problems. And you're right, the Dolphins do have Ronnie Brown. He's unproven and who really knows how he's going to turn out. And Lamar Gordon hasn't proved to be anything special. And my whole problem with Ricky isn't that he got caught smoking weed a few times. My issue with him is that he quit on his team right before the season started. That sucks and it will be interesting to see if his teamates are willing to forgive and forget. And whats this talk about vet. min? What's Miami paying Ricky this year?

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
But you'd take TO in a second, and who has worse character issues then him?? Give me talent anyday.

I used to say that I would take TO, even with all his baggage. But after this whole thing with the Eagles, I wouldn't touch that guy. He's a problem waiting to happen.

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Name all the new starters??
McDougle, Morris, R. Brown, Carey. That's 4. Now who's RG? Who's QB? It can be 6.

Carter, Moore, Daniels or Howard, SS and FS. Is Roth going to play DE for Bowens? Crowder might get a job. Spragan, where does he play? It's a lot of questions, and a lot of mix and match to do for Saban.

Bling
07-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Thats just it, with a player like Ricky, you can't ignore his off the field problems. And you're right, the Dolphins do have Ronnie Brown. He's unproven and who really knows how he's going to turn out. And Lamar Gordon hasn't proved to be anything special. And my whole problem with Ricky isn't that he got caught smoking weed a few times. My issue with him is that he quit on his team right before the season started. That sucks and it will be interesting to see if his teamates are willing to forgive and forget. And whats this talk about vet. min? What's Miami paying Ricky this year?
So we have 3 question marks. I rather have that than 2. If Ricky gets caught with smokes again, cut him. That's how I look at it. Oh and he didn't quit before the season started. He quit before Training Camp.

There's a clause if his deal that if he retires, that the Dolphins can lower his contract to vet minimum. I don't know the exact details, but he's not getting 3 million a year.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 01:53 PM
So we have 3 question marks. I rather have that than 2. If Ricky gets caught with smokes again, cut him. That's how I look at it. Oh and he didn't quit before the season started. He quit before Training Camp.

Last time I checked training camp takes place before the season starts. Williams gave the Dolphins no chance of finding a suitable replacement by quiting when he did. Why didn't he just quit at the end of the prior season so that Miami would have had the chance to sign a FA or take a RB in the draft? What he did was BS and you know it.

Bling
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Last time I checked training camp takes place before the season starts. Williams gave the Dolphins no chance of finding a suitable replacement by quiting when he did. Why didn't he just quit at the end of the prior season so that Miami would have had the chance to sign a FA or take a RB in the draft? What he did was BS and you know it.
He had just gotten caught, and like any nut, the only option he saw was getting out away from people. I think he thought about it long and debated it, and just came up with that answer before he had to committ to anything. I hated the timing too, but I kind of understand why he did it. I don't agree with it, but I understand.

mysticsoto
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
He had just gotten caught, and like any nut, the only option he saw was getting out away from people. I think he thought about it long and debated it, and just came up with that answer before he had to committ to anything. I hated the timing too, but I kind of understand why he did it. I don't agree with it, but I understand.
It wouldn't have made a difference if he had just sat tight and sat through a year suspension - which he was going to get. Instead, he told the Miami FO, teammates and all you fans, "Hey, f*** all of you!" I'd be upset if I were a fin fan. But fin fans apparently forget easy - perhaps b'cse they don't want to remember this horrible season and therefore repress it. Nevertheless, that doesn't change what he did. Nor should the fact that...'he wouldn't be back if Miami weren't going to make him pay that $8.1 million back' be forgotten.

justasportsfan
07-23-2005, 09:32 AM
I see you never grow up. I see you're still the dumbest finfan around.

And for some reason you always have to commnent on my posts, deep inside your my biggest fan!!

What can I say,I like laughing at stupid posts.

unpaid_bills
07-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Who cares? He's 3rd string right now. Master Bills football before you attempt to talk smack about the Dolphins, please.
Funny you are browsing the Bills boards - must not be much to talk about in Dolphin Land.

im4bflo
07-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry, I'll take winners over chokers anyday. Jets are still better than the Bills.
Then how can you root for the fish? dumbas$

im4bflo
07-23-2005, 12:12 PM
So you admit he's a nut, and you understand him :scratch:

The Natrix
07-23-2005, 12:44 PM
I see NE first, Miami easily last, with NJ and Buffalo battling for second and probably a wild card.

Bling
07-23-2005, 12:54 PM
It wouldn't have made a difference if he had just sat tight and sat through a year suspension - which he was going to get. Instead, he told the Miami FO, teammates and all you fans, "Hey, f*** all of you!" I'd be upset if I were a fin fan. But fin fans apparently forget easy - perhaps b'cse they don't want to remember this horrible season and therefore repress it. Nevertheless, that doesn't change what he did. Nor should the fact that...'he wouldn't be back if Miami weren't going to make him pay that $8.1 million back' be forgotten.
Wow... Hey buddy, I already explained it in logical terms. All Bills fans can say now is "he quit on us". You guys use any chance at smack you can, and can't even back it up. Sad.

Oh... and it's 8.6 million.

mysticsoto
07-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Wow... Hey buddy, I already explained it in logical terms. All Bills fans can say now is "he quit on us". You guys use any chance at smack you can, and can't even back it up. Sad.

Oh... and it's 8.6 million. I explained it in logical terms why Dolphin fans should not be overexcited on his return. And yet, most are. There's nothing to back that up??? The fact that RW dumped on you (the fans) and has come back now b'cse of money...yeah, that's a reason to be excited for his return. I guess Dolphin fans play the dumb role well...

:pimped: Hey there sweetie pie...errr...Ricky...give these Dolphin fans some sugar...

:plunge:

Bling
07-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I explained it in logical terms why Dolphin fans should not be overexcited on his return. And yet, most are. There's nothing to back that up??? The fact that RW dumped on you (the fans) and has come back now b'cse of money...yeah, that's a reason to be excited for his return. I guess Dolphin fans play the dumb role well...

:pimped: Hey there sweetie pie...errr...Ricky...give these Dolphin fans some sugar...

:plunge:
Really? Where? All I heard was the same BS I hear from other Rival fans...

The_Philster
07-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Really? Where? All I heard was the same BS I hear from other Rival fans...

The fact that RW dumped on you (the fans) and has come back now b'cse of money

Bling
07-23-2005, 05:09 PM
I was referring to this post.

Which is total BS... but...

colin
07-24-2005, 08:56 AM
i don't think the jests are that good.

they played mistake free ball in the start of last season, but they reley on pennington and martin to find little holes i Ds for little plays. chad's noodle arm and weak body will NOT hold up, and i don't even see them beating us in new jersey. they play smart and consistent ball, but don't have the horses to really do that much.

NE is still the best, but hopefully they lost enough and we gained enough to unseat them.