X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicmantak
    • Jun 2005

J.P. Losman price

Buffalo Bills dealt for pick from Dallas and drafted J.P. Losman 22nd in 2004 first round.

His price.... a first-rounder in 2005 (DE Marcus Spears) and second- (RB Julius Jones) and fifth-round picks (TE Sean Ryan) in 2004.

Any comments?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...spect012505.htm
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/42154.html

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
    - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: J.P. Losman price

Like most trades, it will take a few years before we really know who got the better deal.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

It's not just about if JP ends up being a better player than those three combined.... It's about if Buffalo could have gotten a better QB of the future somehow. Which, again, we won't know for some time.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

I agree, right now, it looks very one sided, but you never know. Julius Jones is the only one doing anything and we don't know anything about Spears yet so hard to say.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

It's all a crap shoot. Sometimes you get Tom Brady. Sometimes you get Ryan Leaf.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by vicmantak
            Buffalo Bills dealt for pick from Dallas and drafted J.P. Losman 22nd in 2004 first round.

His price.... a first-rounder in 2005 (DE Marcus Spears) and second- (RB Julius Jones) and fifth-round picks (TE Sean Ryan) in 2004.

Any comments?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...spect012505.htm
            http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/42154.html
            The price was Jones and Ryan. Spears doesn't count as that pick was the one swapped.

It is really frustrating how some people look at it this way. Really in much the same way as they still call J.P. a rookie.

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• colin
              Drew's my hero!
              • Jul 2002

don't forget we got the pick early, that does count for something even tho he got hurt.

also, trades can benefit both teams. henry for a 3rd to tenn is prolly the best thing for both teams for example

Comment

• Throne Logic
                Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                The price was Jones and Ryan. Spears doesn't count as that pick was the one swapped.

It is really frustrating how some people look at it this way. Really in much the same way as they still call J.P. a rookie.

Thank you. There seems to be a mental block for most folks.
                Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

I think it can not be measured by this way. First of all, I'm sure that as two different teams we have a different approach / needs, and I don't think so that we could have ended, taking the same players if we have kept those picks. You have a need, find the player you want, pay the price to get him, take your chaces. To me it is a price, not a comparison between players, if this works perfect, if not live with it.
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

You know what's really worth it? It's that we got Losman a year early. Otherwise we'd have to a) keep Drew one more year ( ), b) start Matt Schaub ( ), or c) throw a rookie like Jason Campbell to the wolves.

Looking at it this way, I think we did the right thing trading for JP.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

And no, I don't think we would've taken another cement foot QB like Aaron Rodgers.

Comment

• Philisophical Troll
                        Take my dating advice, it worked for me on my sister :up:
                        • Jul 2005

This is a ridiculous question to ask......JJ alone is better than that piece of trash Lossman, let alone JJ + future defensive player of the year Spears....give me a break!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
                          This is a ridiculous question to ask......JJ alone is better than that piece of trash Lossman, let alone JJ + future defensive player of the year Spears....give me a break!
                          and you base this is on.......the kid hasn't played yet, so far TD's moves have looked great.....If JP pans out, we'll have one of the most powerful and dynamic offenses in the league with JP, Willis, and Lee....I cant wait til JJ has his sophmore slump and/or just gets injured, between that and Bledsoe, you're in for a real dissapointment....

Comment

• im4bflo
                            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Philisophical Troll
                            You've got a big mouth boy, don't go running off when those cowboys start sucking like we told you, stick around and eat your crow boy.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

If Losman pans out it's worth it. I think it's that simple really, and I don't care what Jones and Ryan do, or Marcus Spears for that matter. Buffalo needed a solid QB. They didn't have one. Dallas needs a solid QB. They don't have one. Julius Jones, Sean Ryan, and Marcus Spears are not going to do them that much good.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X