X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

4 hours until Crosby time!!!!

Bob McKenzie (TSN's top NHL analyst) just said he could see the old Forum Ghosts sweeping in and giving the Habs their first legit superstar in years. He said it would be a perfect fit as Sid grew up a Habs fan and has said many times he'd LOVE to play for them.

I know he's just taking a guess... but it would be great. Their tradition and history.... It certainly would make the Habs a feared and elite franchise again.
    Those Habs-Leafs ganes would be even better. I've been to a few and trust me.... they are intense!

ALSO.... The rule changes are being announced today... there should be a LOT of them. they will be announcing them on TSN in the hour before the draft lotto 3pm et.
  • pyrrhonist
    • Sep 2003

Re: 4 hours until Crosby time!!!!

Man, we're making the rounds with the draft threads!

I'm pumped. The lottery is, of course, the main draw for many, but the rule changes are just as big. I'm fearful of some of the whacked-out ideas we could see in the league next year. I stand steadfast against the shootout idea. I do not want to see a game of skill decided by a shootout. I hate it in fĂștbol/soccer, and I loathe it in hockey, as well. We all know that our beloved Sabres, in their current state, would be decimated by a team like the Wings or Avs in a shootout. We don't have the firepower to outgun many of the offense-laden squads.

As far as the tag-up offsides, no touch icing, and removal of the red line, I'm ok with it. The disallowing of the goalies playing the puck, and moving back of the nets, I'm not so sure about, either.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
      Man, we're making the rounds with the draft threads!

I'm pumped. The lottery is, of course, the main draw for many, but the rule changes are just as big. I'm fearful of some of the whacked-out ideas we could see in the league next year. I stand steadfast against the shootout idea. I do not want to see a game of skill decided by a shootout. I hate it in fĂștbol/soccer, and I loathe it in hockey, as well. We all know that our beloved Sabres, in their current state, would be decimated by a team like the Wings or Avs in a shootout. We don't have the firepower to outgun many of the offense-laden squads.

As far as the tag-up offsides, no touch icing, and removal of the red line, I'm ok with it. The disallowing of the goalies playing the puck, and moving back of the nets, I'm not so sure about, either.
      WHY?

It WON'T be used in playoff games...... it will ONLY be for regular season ties.... a 10 min OT (maybe 5) and then a shootout for the extra point.... Both teams will get the single point and the winner of the shootout gets the W and extra point..... I am fine with that.

no 2 line passes.

11 inch goalie pads.

tag up offsides return

no touch icing.

i like it.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
        WHY?
        If both teams are still getting a point for the tie at the end of regulation, why change the system? It will still promoted playing half-assed hockey, because teams would know they're guaranteed a point. IMO, nothing changes. I'm just not a fan of an individual contest, when hockey is supposed to be a team sport.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

If both teams are still getting a point for the tie at the end of regulation, why change the system? It will still promoted playing half-assed hockey, because teams would know they're guaranteed a point. IMO, nothing changes. I'm just not a fan of an individual contest, when hockey is supposed to be a team sport.
          It's just fun for the fans.... the players don't mind as long as it's not going to be a season breaker.... it will be fun...

Comment

• pyrrhonist
            • Sep 2003

Which fans, though? The fans who've been with the sport all along, or those ever important "casual" fans? It seems to me the NHL is trying to market to the non-hockey fan again. What they just don't get is the US doesn't care. I'm American, and I can admit that. The NHL peaked here in the early-to-mid-90s, and that was that.

I still love it, though!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Which fans, though? The fans who've been with the sport all along, or those ever important "casual" fans? It seems to me the NHL is trying to market to the non-hockey fan again. What they just don't get is the US doesn't care. I'm American, and I can admit that. The NHL peaked here in the early-to-mid-90s, and that was that.

I still love it, though!
              Oersonally... as a dihard fan i don't love the ties thing. I would prefer to have just wins and losses.... I understand you can't play for a winner every night as games could go way too long. So i think if yu can excite the casual fans and not really mess with the games integrity... go nuts.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

Game On...
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SkateZilla
                  Game On...

Comment

• pjw
                    • Dec 2004

so when are they going to pull their balls out?

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                      • Sep 2003

Wow, talk about buildup!

As expected, the Lightning got the last pick. No complaints at all, there.

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by pjw
                        so when are they going to pull their balls out?

Comment

• pjw
                          • Dec 2004

i was serious, when do we find out who is the number one pick or what pick buffalo gets?

Comment

• pyrrhonist
                            • Sep 2003

Sorry, I know you were probably serious. I just couldn't help but laugh!

They're announcing them right now on the TSN coverage. They just announced the 21-30 picks. Buffalo wasn't among the bottom 10, so they're still alive in this lottery.

Of my 2 predictions (the Rangers & Oilers), Edmonton is gone. They're #25. At least teams like the Stars, Leafs, and Avs have no chance at getting him....unless they trade.

Comment

• pjw
                              • Dec 2004

sweet!!!!!!! i guess it was my fault for asking a serious question like a smart ass but i couldnt help myself please keep me posted

Comment

Working...
                              X