PDA

View Full Version : Owens says he's prepared to leave Eagles

Gunzlingr
07-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Terrell Owens is hinting that he would agree to a trade because of a contract dispute with the Philadelphia Eagles, although his first choice is to still get a new deal from the NFC champions.

Drew Rosenhaus, Owens' agent said Friday he just wants a fair-market deal for Owens.

"We hope it's something we can work out with the Philadelphia Eagles," Rosenhaus told The Associated Press, adding he had talked recently with the Eagles. "If it's something we can work out with another team, that is not something we are opposed to."

He added:

"At this time, the Eagles have said to me they are not interested in trading him and we have not received permission to seek a trade."

Responding to comments made by Eagles president Joe Banner in Thursday's Philadelphia Daily News that Owens and Rosenhaus "don't think in commonsense terms," Owens told Comcast SportsNet Southeast in Atlanta that the Eagles could just trade him.

Banner was on vacation and unavailable for comment Friday.

"If he feels that way, then get rid of me," Owens said Thursday. "He wants to talk about Drew and I. If we're problems, then... trade me, release me. And we can just part ways like adults.

"What it all boils down to is I'm going to do what's best for my family. I don't even have to play for the Eagles, to be honest. I can go play with any other team and still be productive."

more (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3790028)

Pride
07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
unbelievable...

ExWNYer
07-22-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm sure teams will be lining up to take him...NOT! As talented as he is, he's a cancer. He's pulled this crap with not one but two teams. Who's to say he won't do it again and with Rosenhaus as his agent?? He's played this all wrong and never should have taken his fight public. What a tool. :crap:

Mr. Miyagi
07-22-2005, 12:01 PM
What is Philly actually risking by letting him hold out? They don't even have to spend a roster spot for him, do they? He'll report when the checks stop coming. If not, it's his loss.

I say let him rot.

footballhottie
07-22-2005, 12:06 PM
wait wait wait... It said on CNN that he would not want to be traded.

footballhottie
07-22-2005, 12:07 PM
If he is traded...could we pick him up? :pray:

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 12:07 PM
What is Philly actually risking by letting him hold out? They don't even have to spend a roster spot for him, do they? He'll report when the checks stop coming. If not, it's his loss.

I say let him rot.

Sounds like Philly is prepared to do just that. Take care of his family? Is he serious? I used to be able to tolerate TO and his antics. After this whole deal, I wouldn't want him on my team.

Gunzlingr
07-22-2005, 12:10 PM

HELL NO!

He would cost way too much, and his cancerous attitude would be unwelcome.

Captain Obvious
07-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Your a woman after my own heart. I love female bills fans. But Terrell Owens a bill? NO! NO! NO!

1) He's a self centered jerk
2) Salary cap implications
3) Tom Donahoe it a bullseye when he drafted Lee Evans. He'll be our No.1 receiver for the next 5-6b years.
4) Roscoe Parrish

OpIv37
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM

what they said:

HELL NO!

Your a woman after my own heart. I love female bills fans. But Terrell Owens a bill? NO! NO! NO!

1) He's a self centered jerk
2) Salary cap implications
3) Tom Donahoe it a bullseye when he drafted Lee Evans. He'll be our No.1 receiver for the next 5-6b years.
4) Roscoe Parrish

I'll :pray: that he never becomes a Bill (but to Jesus, not Allah- j/k). I NEVER want ANY PLAYER who costs that much, especially one who is unwilling to help his team.

McGahee and Rosenhaus are going to screw us over after this season.

Mr. Miyagi
07-22-2005, 12:42 PM
what they said:

I'll :pray: that he never becomes a Bill (but to Jesus, not Allah- j/k). I NEVER want ANY PLAYER who costs that much, especially one who is unwilling to help his team.

Not if someone takes care of Rosenhaus first. :oj:

Cntrygal
07-22-2005, 12:48 PM
I say let him rot.

Agreed.

**** NO!!!

Sounds like Philly is prepared to do just that. Take care of his family? Is he serious? I used to be able to tolerate TO and his antics. After this whole deal, I wouldn't want him on my team.

No kidding. Maybe he needs to go to financial management classes.

HELL NO!

Agreed!

I really really really hope that won't happen. :(

colin
07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
if TO, seymore, lavar, and sean taylor have all their holding out antics blow up on them, then we won't have a single thing to worry about with willis.

Gunzlingr
07-22-2005, 01:08 PM
if TO, seymore, lavar, and sean taylor have all their holding out antics blow up on them, then we won't have a single thing to worry about with willis.

Which is what should happen, but won't

Mr. Cynical
07-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Biggest A$$hole in the History of the NFL. Period. Case closed.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Biggest A$$hole in the History of the NFL. Period. Case closed.

:lmao: That's great!

Voltron
07-22-2005, 01:54 PM
The saddest part is the waste of talent. He is a great player and probably the most talented WR in the NFL right now. It is just so sad he is such a f’in prima donna. He makes Michael Irving look like a team player! :shakeno:

Drive 4 Five
07-22-2005, 02:18 PM
I am glad that finally someone is standing up to the ridiculous demands of arrogant players like Owens and saying:

We are not going to renegotiate your contract, you will not be traded, you agreed to this contract, you signed, now show up to camp or sit out the season, we don't care.

My hats off to the Eagle's organization and hopefully other teams will follow suit.

Owens is an ass. He has no case. First off the Eagle's bailed his ass out by saving him from the Raven's trade, which is what he wanted. Secondly he got to play for a championship caliber team, which is what he wanted.

WTF T.O.? I would never ever want to see this jerk in a Bill's uniform. Ever...

Night Train
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
The common belief is that some team would trade for him and pay him the $$, no matter what people think .Yet I believe he is a unique case that may have burned one too many bridges in the last year. He wanted out of San Fran, turned his back on Baltimore and now is acting like an ass in Philly ,1 year into a 7 year 49 Mil contract. He's no kid anymore and he could be hitting the wall physically within a couple years. Rosenhaus and Owens have convinced themselves that either Philly or another team WILL give him the $$, no matter what. But the negative circus he creates and his inability to get along with his QB's ( Garcia, McNabb ) may turn off even the most liberal of owners.

He is seriously overplaying his hand and I have zero sympathy.

Drive 4 Five
07-22-2005, 02:22 PM
I just hope that the Eagle's do not give in to him. I hope they are prepared to make him play or lose a year's salary and maybe more. That will teach him and others like him, as well as other team organizations, a valuable lesson about how this whole free agency thing has gotten way out of hand and is taking away from the game.

mysticsoto
07-22-2005, 02:28 PM
I am glad that finally someone is standing up to the ridiculous demands of arrogant players like Owens and saying:

We are not going to renegotiate your contract, you will not be traded, you agreed to this contract, you signed, now show up to camp or sit out the season, we don't care.

My hats off to the Eagle's organization and hopefully other teams will follow suit.

Owens is an ass. He has no case. First off the Eagle's bailed his ass out by saving him from the Raven's trade, which is what he wanted. Secondly he got to play for a championship caliber team, which is what he wanted.

WTF T.O.? I would never ever want to see this jerk in a Bill's uniform. Ever...

Yes, but what about his family???

They won't be able to eat caviar every day and use $100 dollar bills to wipe their butts...what will they do??? :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
07-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I just hope that the Eagle's do not give in to him. I hope they are prepared to make him play or lose a year's salary and maybe more. That will teach him and others like him, as well as other team organizations, a valuable lesson about how this whole free agency thing has gotten way out of hand and is taking away from the game.:up:

Voltron
07-22-2005, 03:00 PM
If the Eagles front office gives into him I would have to guess the rest of the NFL owners would want to kill them! That would single handedly ruin salary cap football.

Voltron
07-22-2005, 03:03 PM
"He wants to talk about Drew and I. If we're problems, then... trade me, release me. And we can just part ways like adults." :spit:

Yeah because "adults" sign a 7 year agreement and then back out after one year :rolleyes:

Mr. Miyagi
07-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Screw T.O.

The_Philster
07-22-2005, 04:17 PM
What a schmuck!! :down:
wait wait wait... It said on CNN that he would not want to be traded.they must not check their facts at all...I saw him an hour ago on NFL Live saying he wanted to be traded to the Falcons
If he is traded...could we pick him up? :pray:not no but Hell no!! I honestly don't think many GMs would want him...what's to keep him from pulling this crap again? He whined and complained to get out of San Fran and he got traded to Baltimore...he whined and complained he only wanted Philly and he got what he wanted.

Night Train
07-22-2005, 05:40 PM
ESPN News reports Owens just told the Philly Inquirer that he WILL report to camp on time but doesn't mean he'll be happy. He would be fined $9500 a day for missing camp.

Nice decision, jackass.

paladin warrior
07-22-2005, 08:30 PM
:crap: He want to leave Eagles?! Why??? He have been there in 1 yrs with Eagles team.Does he want more money or what!!!:chuk: or Owens did not get long with QB (Donovan McNabb)

paladin warrior
07-22-2005, 08:37 PM
If he is traded...could we pick him up? :pray: yeah that will be nice if buffalo bills get him. Unless if buffalo bills can afford to sign the contract.:shake:

The_Philster
07-22-2005, 09:03 PM
why would it be nice to have a cancer on the team ? Do people realy forget that we can have great players who aren't team cancers..and we win championships with them?

Mr. Cynical
07-22-2005, 11:09 PM
I would rather have Drew back here playing with a blindfold on and his shoelaces tied together than have TO on this team.

Turf
07-22-2005, 11:28 PM
Owens and Rottenhouse have lost their ****ing minds.
After the big contract he signed and they want more 1 whole year later?
I hope no one signs or pays him, and they both lose out. It could happen.

Philisophical Troll
07-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Forget Owens, he'll just get laid out by Big Roy Williams again and break his other leg! :chair:

As far as a philisophical troll is concerned Owens can go hang out with Drew Rosenassclown, Mcgimpknee, and Chad Johnson and argue about how overrated their careers are. TO is not a god, that tool is a chump!:madcurse: :madcurse:

Captain Obvious
07-23-2005, 02:50 AM
[QUOTE=Philisophical Troll]Forget Owens, he'll just get laid out by Big Roy Williams again and break his other leg! :chair:
!

Did you even watch the game when Terrell Owens got hurt? Roy Williams didn't exactly lay him out. More like horse collar him from behind.