PDA

View Full Version : Still want Verba?

Ickybaluky
07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
If the Bills are keeping their eyes out for him, they can find him in Vegas (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Jul-22-Fri-2005/news/26923538.html).

Sounds like the kind of guy you want to give a millions of dollars.

Gambling, champagne, girls...

I love these lines:

" Verba, a free spirit who's been described as a Lyle Alzado-in-training"

and

" Published reports said police in suburban Strongsville investigated two separate reports of sexual assault in 2004 that are alleged to have occurred at Verba's home last year. He was not accused in either incident."

Just an All-American guy.

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 01:16 PM
If the Bills are keeping their eyes out for him, they can find him in Vegas (http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Jul-22-Fri-2005/news/26923538.html).

Sounds like the kind of guy you want to give a millions of dollars.

Gambling, champagne, girls...

I love these lines:

" Verba, a free spirit who's been described as a Lyle Alzado-in-training"

and

" Published reports said police in suburban Strongsville investigated two separate reports of sexual assault in 2004 that are alleged to have occurred at Verba's home last year. He was not accused in either incident."

Just an All-American guy.

That source looks sketchy at best. Tabloid material.

Stewie
07-22-2005, 01:17 PM
So, he throws parties where nefarious characters assault girls, and that's his fault?

OpIv37
07-22-2005, 01:19 PM
The assaults bother me but the Vegas partying doesn't. As long as he shows up at camp in shape and doesn't party like that during the season, what he does on his time off is his business.

Mr. Miyagi
07-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Yes

Bulldog
07-22-2005, 01:21 PM
That paper is completely bogus! I'm not sure why people are defending Verba when the source is a crock.

Earthquake Enyart
Well, back a year or two ago when he was separated, Brian Urlacher was in Vegas all the time banging Paris Hilton. Guess you don't want him either.

Mr. Miyagi
Sources at the Palms and Green Valley Ranch confirm Verba was on the property.
Whatever happened to "what happens at Vegas, stays in Vegas"?

OpIv37
07-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, back a year or two ago when he was separated, Brian Urlacher was in Vegas all the time banging Paris Hilton. Guess you don't want him either.

I'm surprised his johnson hasn't fallen off yet. He's gonna be on Valtrax commercials soon.

ublinkwescore
07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
urlacher got some of Paris huh?

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-22-2005, 02:23 PM
What in the name of god are you reading reviewjournal.com for?

McGahee420
07-22-2005, 03:05 PM
He didnt just get some, he got the whole thing. Lucky dog!!!

FlyingDutchman
07-22-2005, 03:38 PM

Go on the internet...anyone can get a piece of Paris....:drool2: :hump:

Jan Reimers
07-22-2005, 03:55 PM
Not when he's been tainted with Paris Hilton. God, how gross. :brush:

Tatonka
07-22-2005, 04:03 PM
it is all hearsay..

vicmantak
07-23-2005, 04:51 AM
Verba would be a great adquisition but which player would you sacrifice?

Teague, Williams, Anderson, Gandy or who?

Philagape
07-23-2005, 05:09 AM

Teague, Williams, Anderson, Gandy or who?

I don't think Gandy would be a "sacrifice"

LifetimeBillsFan
07-23-2005, 05:41 AM
If I was in his position and just won a half a million bucks, I would probably throw a big party, too!

But, the fact that he blew most of the money tells me that he is in no better position to walk away from the game than he was before he won the money. And, at some point, a guy who likes to spend money like that is going to have to find a way to make some money--even if it isn't as much as he wants--and I'm sure that he realizes that there aren't many places for a guy like him to make that kind of money than playing in the NFL. So, rather than walking away from the game or sitting out a year, I think that it is pretty likely that he will end up signing with some team for this season, even if it is for a lot less than he wants. I'd like to see that team be the Bills and, since there aren't that many teams beating down Verba's door to sign him, when he realizes what his situation is, there's a pretty good chance that he will seriously consider signing for whatever the Bills are willing to offer. But, if he and his agent aren't smart (or sober) enough to figure that out, then I'm not sure that I would want him on my team.

LifetimeBillsFan
07-23-2005, 05:52 AM

Teague, Williams, Anderson, Gandy or who?I don't think you have to sacrifice any one of this group this year. Tucker, maybe. T.Teague is gone after this season in any event. The Bills didn't draft Preston to have him sit on the bench after this season--he was brought in so that they could prep him to be ready to replace Teague next year.

While I am willing to trust Coach McNally's assessment of Gandy and his ability to get the most out of a player, I think that Verba would give the Bills a proven commodity at LT and more flexibility across the line. That's why I would like to see him signed. But, if they don't go for him, I have to believe it is because they see some things in prectices that we are not aware of that makes them think that the people they already have on hand can get the job done as well or better than if they got Verba--because, quite frankly, it appears to me that, like L.Shelton, they can get Verba if they really want him.

I don't think this is TD's call as much as it is McNally's and Mullarkey's. And, they may want to see what Gandy looks like in pads after TC opens before telling TD whether they want him to pull the trigger on a deal for Verba or not.